Reply 60
Look forward to seeing some of you in 10 days :wink:

I even get to give you a lovely tour of campus :p:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by ChappersBC
I got an interview!! It was for 25th Jan but have an exam that day and am away on the 8th :L So all the way back to 29th Feb :frown: Feel thats going to put me at a disadvantage =/

I've also got an interview on the 29th, quite nervous cause UCL is likely to be my first choice. My friend went for an engineering interview there and told me it was nothing too formal.. So i guess it'll be all right. Hope to see you there!
Original post by jamz0770
Look forward to seeing some of you in 10 days :wink:

I even get to give you a lovely tour of campus :p:

Hello do you know if there's a post-offer day for this course ? I didn't get an invitation to an open day/interview "just" the offer and am really looking forward to going to UCL next year :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Superglue25
Hello do you know if there's a post-offer day for this course ? I didn't get an invitation to an open day/interview "just" the offer and am really looking forward to going to UCL next year :smile:

Erm, As far as I know there isn't I'm afraid. You can always ask UCL to arrange you a tour (I think) or you could just ask to come to one of the interview dates and sit in on the presentation and then go on the tour?

It might be worth asking if there is a post offer day though as I'm afraid I don't know for sure as I interviewed about 2 years ago.

Congratulations by the way!
Reply 64
Original post by Bemz
I've also got an interview on the 29th, quite nervous cause UCL is likely to be my first choice. My friend went for an engineering interview there and told me it was nothing too formal.. So i guess it'll be all right. Hope to see you there!

Its not formal, don't worry.

To answer some common Questions:

What do I wear?
As far as I'm aware UCL doesn't say much about this and when I went 2 years ago and helped out last year there was everything from full suits to shorts and flip flops. Personally I'd go for smart casual. You don't have to be really formal but don't dress like your on your way to the beach either.

What do I need to know?
If I were you I'd have good reasons why you wanted to come to UCL. Why you wanted to do IMB and some knowledge of current business/technology issues. (I don't mean read the FT/Economist and Technology websites religiously just have a vague idea of what's happening)

What happens on the day?
Usually you have a presentation on the course by the head of the course and admin team then a quick interview, Followed by a few written questions (Nothing too taxing) and then a tour of the campus and the chance to ask questions by a current IMB student.

If you guys have any other questions then fire away.
Erm, As far as I know there isn't I'm afraid. You can always ask UCL to arrange you a tour (I think) or you could just ask to come to one of the interview dates and sit in on the presentation and then go on the tour?

It might be worth asking if there is a post offer day though as I'm afraid I don't know for sure as I interviewed about 2 years ago.

Congratulations by the way!

Oh ok nevermind thanks a lot for your reply :smile:
Reply 66
Its not formal, don't worry.

To answer some common Questions:

What do I wear?
As far as I'm aware UCL doesn't say much about this and when I went 2 years ago and helped out last year there was everything from full suits to shorts and flip flops. Personally I'd go for smart casual. You don't have to be really formal but don't dress like your on your way to the beach either.

What do I need to know?
If I were you I'd have good reasons why you wanted to come to UCL. Why you wanted to do IMB and some knowledge of current business/technology issues. (I don't mean read the FT/Economist and Technology websites religiously just have a vague idea of what's happening)

What happens on the day?
Usually you have a presentation on the course by the head of the course and admin team then a quick interview, Followed by a few written questions (Nothing too taxing) and then a tour of the campus and the chance to ask questions by a current IMB student.

If you guys have any other questions then fire away.

so does that mean this interview means that everyone is going to get an offer...or can they still reject some candidates?
Also is it a group interview?
when you said read about business and technology issues...what do u mean? can u suggest some examples....this is my first interview so im really nervous
Reply 67
Original post by paulas
so does that mean this interview means that everyone is going to get an offer...or can they still reject some candidates?
Also is it a group interview?
when you said read about business and technology issues...what do u mean? can u suggest some examples....this is my first interview so im really nervous

Back when I had my interview I'd say almost everyone got an offer but I think last year it was a little harder. Most get offers though. I'll be able to work it out when I know how many people are coming on the 8th but I'd imagine most get offers.

It has been a group interview for the past 3 years, I can't say either way this year yet as I don't know but I don't see why it would change.

I mean have some vague ideas. Cloud computing? Increase in e-commerce?. Rise of digital downloads (Spotify/iTunes etc etc)? Some business knowledge would be good too. Basically I only suggest it as when I had my interview it was one of the 3 questions we got asked. It might well not come up but its a good thing to know anyway.

Don't be nervous, its not like a typical interview, more laid back more like a chat.
Reply 68
thanks for replying...just one more question...is the course very male orientated or is it a mix between male and female...and what about ethnicity? are their a lot of international students or is it more or less equal?
Reply 69
Original post by paulas
thanks for replying...just one more question...is the course very male orientated or is it a mix between male and female...and what about ethnicity? are their a lot of international students or is it more or less equal?

Good male/Female mix. I'd say almost half and half?

Loads of ethnicities, people from all round the world as well as the usual group from the UK.
Reply 70
cool..ok thanks :smile:
Reply 71
Got a conditional offer today :d
Reply 72
Original post by mariamb93
Got a conditional offer today :d

congrats! Have u got an interview on the 8th feb too?
Reply 73
got rejected earlier today.
Reply 74
Original post by paulas
congrats! Have u got an interview on the 8th feb too?

No, i dont have an interview as i live in Cyprus! Which i am very thankful about :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by mariamb93
No, i dont have an interview as i live in Cyprus! Which i am very thankful about :tongue: :biggrin:

Your so lucky! is UCL your first choice?
Reply 76
Got an offer today! Im doing IB had a prediction of 39 and got an offer for 38. No interview just an offer!
Reply 77
congrats everyone who managed to receive an offer so far.

as i posted yesterday, i didn't :frown:. still feel kinda disheartened, especially because it seems like i got rejected on the basis of my grades only. did e-mail richard pettinger for feedback and well, he said it is probably just because i didn't meet the entry requirements ucl usually requires for my qualification. not sure if they even had a look at the rest of my application :s-smilie:. tried to point out a couple of things, but it probably won't change anything... i can't really blame them, though. just feels awful being rejected (and being rejected from your favourite choice). bleurgh. :redface:
Reply 78
Original post by ohdrama
congrats everyone who managed to receive an offer so far.

as i posted yesterday, i didn't :frown:. still feel kinda disheartened, especially because it seems like i got rejected on the basis of my grades only. did e-mail richard pettinger for feedback and well, he said it is probably just because i didn't meet the entry requirements ucl usually requires for my qualification. not sure if they even had a look at the rest of my application :s-smilie:. tried to point out a couple of things, but it probably won't change anything... i can't really blame them, though. just feels awful being rejected (and being rejected from your favourite choice). bleurgh. :redface:

Could always take a year out and re-apply if you have your heart set on IMB at UCL?
Reply 79
Hi guys,

I'm studying the IB diploma in Beijing right now and I just got an offer for this program! It was a 36, with 17 in HLs. Looking forward to meeting everyone who was accepted :smile:.

Good luck to all who are still waiting! and sorry for those who did not make it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest