The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Any Politics/Parliamentary Studies current students out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maddog Jones
Any news yet anybody?

Are you sure it's today Georgia? :P

I haven't got anything D:
Yes I'm sure he said we'd hear today! Like absolutely positive :s-smilie: I'm sorry if I've got hopes up and I'm wrong >.>
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Georgiana1605
I haven't got anything D:
Yes I'm sure he said we'd hear today! Like absolutely positive :s-smilie: I'm sorry if I've got hopes up and I'm wrong >.>

Heh, don't worry - he just said 'around two weeks' to me, so it kind of fits! And I haven't got anything either, I wish they'd just hurry up and tell me (along with Kings) so that I can get this out of the way <_<
He did say today as well to me! Haven't heard anything but I'm the same as 'Maddog Jones', don't think I;ll get one. Anyone else heard anything? x
Lol, I did email them yesterday telling them about further work experience I'd gained. Could have delayed the selection process :cool: but I doubt it.
Well, they're late! My bet is we'll hear back on the 22nd.
Well it's the twenty second and I haven't had anything. I'm going to give them a ring now, I'll let you know what's said!
(edited 12 years ago)
Lady says the letters went out yesterday (she THINKS) so we should be getting them in the next couple of days :smile:
Omg i got an offer!!!!!! :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Reply 88
I got an offer too! Only 15 of us. I've wanted this degree for years, are you going to make it your firm choice?
Reply 89
Ahhhh i got an offer!!! Soso happy!!
Reply 90
Our postman hasn't come because of roadworks.. so have to wait until tomorrow!
Reply 91
So 3 out of 15 are on this forum! Might be more. Any of you Conservative?
Reply 92
yess i am
Reply 93
Hello, I've been reading your feed throughout the interview process but never thought of making a student room account...
Anyway, I have an offer, yay! :smile:
I've got an offer too! Also a Conservative. Is anyone unsure about taking it? x
Also got an offer - I'm Labour, looks like I'm outnumbered on this course! (I'm alright really!) Anyone else Labour/left wing? :smile:

Also, Harrison, I'm sure you've got one. Can't wait to meet all you guys - we'll be spending the next 3-4 years together D:
I'm politically neutral :smile: (although slightly more liberal than conservative)

I doubted it for a little while due to other unis I have offers from being better than Leeds but I think I'd be stupid to turn it down. The contacts we'll make!

Whos thinking of doing what for 3rd year?
I want to do half and half US and London :smile:
I'm politically neutral :smile: (although slightly more liberal than conservative)

I doubted it for a little while due to other unis I have offers from being better than Leeds but I think I'd be stupid to turn it down. The contacts we'll make!

Half and half US and London will be overwhelmingly the most popular one :P only 5 places to do that, and it's based on grades - so we're all competing against each other :cool:

Anybody want to swap facebooks considering we'll all be meeting in a few months anyway (and hopefully get to know each other before then!)

Also, yes - people without this work experience will really struggle.

Thing is, Tim said that people do the work experience, tend to be excellent students (which is why they got onto the course), so make a lot of contacts in Parliament and end up getting an awesome job from one of those contacts straight out of uni.

What with the years work being right before the final, vital, year, students build up a great work ethic, mixed with an enthusiasm for politics and good natural intelligence that got them onto the course, and a huge amount get first class degrees.

In fact, he told me that more people get 1sts on from the 15 doing PPS than the other 100 doing politics alone.

A first class degree from a Russell group university (which most other candidates for jobs won't have), and two sets of work experience (more than almost any other candidates would have, and of better standard too) - people end up with an assured job right out of Uni, and nearly all go on to do really interesting things.

Definitely firming!
Reply 99
Original post by Maddog Jones
Also got an offer - I'm Labour, looks like I'm outnumbered on this course! (I'm alright really!) Anyone else Labour/left wing? :smile:

Also, Harrison, I'm sure you've got one. Can't wait to meet all you guys - we'll be spending the next 3-4 years together D:

I'm left wing! (Labour Party member) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest