The Student Room Group

MySQA 2012

Scroll to see replies

Sam, did they ever find out what went wrong last year with regards to the texts, and are they ensuring it doesn't happen again this year (although no doubt something will happen :L)
Reply 61
Original post by n x
Where can i find my candidate number like where would I ask the school for it so i can sign up for mysqa?

Usually schools don't give you your candidate number until a few weeks or a month before hand. Our school got a white sheet of paper with exam dates and room numbers along with a blue sheet of paper and a laminated card which you could write your name, school and candidate number on to take into your exams.

If you want to find out your candidate number before hand you can fill in the form on this page http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/38676.2584.html Just miss out the candidate no. field :smile:
Original post by S119234
Sam, did they ever find out what went wrong last year with regards to the texts, and are they ensuring it doesn't happen again this year (although no doubt something will happen :L)

Well all the texts with the results are sent to a company who hold them until the send-out time, then they send them. Unfortunately they sent them early. I'm not sure why, but I have heard it was down to a faulty bit of coding. So this year we'll be checking the coding a bit more closely.

:s-smilie:
Reply 63
Original post by auberjean
Usually schools don't give you your candidate number until a few weeks or a month before hand. Our school got a white sheet of paper with exam dates and room numbers along with a blue sheet of paper and a laminated card which you could write your name, school and candidate number on to take into your exams.

If you want to find out your candidate number before hand you can fill in the form on this page http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/38676.2584.html Just miss out the candidate no. field :smile:

thank you so much! any idea how long they take to reply?
Original post by mysqa
Well all the texts with the results are sent to a company who hold them until the send-out time, then they send them. Unfortunately they sent them early. I'm not sure why, but I have heard it was down to a faulty bit of coding. So this year we'll be checking the coding a bit more closely.

:s-smilie:

Or you could just give us them early? :ninja:
Given how late we seem to be getting them this year. (I can't wait that long!) :cry2:
Oh alright. No hang on, we can't do them early because that would spoil the fun. Also it takes us a certain amount of time to produce accurate results for over 160,000 candidates. Also we have to tie in with other organisations like UCAS and colleges and the like. But most of all we like to build an atmosphere of tension. Makes it worth while...
Reply 66
Original post by n x
thank you so much! any idea how long they take to reply?

I sent mine on a weekday at lunch time so I got a reply 4 minutes later! It will take longer if otherwise :smile:
Original post by mysqa
Oh alright. No hang on, we can't do them early because that would spoil the fun. Also it takes us a certain amount of time to produce accurate results for over 160,000 candidates. Also we have to tie in with other organisations like UCAS and colleges and the like. But most of all we like to build an atmosphere of tension. Makes it worth while...

I knew it! I knew you just liked torturing us! Soooo cruel! :tongue:
Original post by tasha96
I knew it! I knew you just liked torturing us! Soooo cruel! :tongue:

Of course, it's part of growing up. We've all been through it, now it's your turn.

:smile:
How is the studying going then? Remember to check out my Study Tips - not rocket science, but lots of proven good sense. Enjoy!
Does everybody know everything they need to know this year? I'm usually awash with questions by now!
Reply 71
Have you decided on what time the exam results will come out by text? is it on the morning?
Reply 72
Hey, I randomly checked MySQA a few days ago and only four of my five subjects were appearing and checked again today just in case it was just a blip and its still not there, it was showing up ages ago when I signed up months ago but has now mysteriosly vanished. Just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about? :smile:
Original post by Babb_zz
Have you decided on what time the exam results will come out by text? is it on the morning?

Yes, the texts and emails will be sent by 9am on the morning of 7th August. As with previous years, the vast majority will arrive seconds later, but a very few will go on a guided tour of the internet before arriving with you some while later.
Original post by Kerrias
Hey, I randomly checked MySQA a few days ago and only four of my five subjects were appearing and checked again today just in case it was just a blip and its still not there, it was showing up ages ago when I signed up months ago but has now mysteriosly vanished. Just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about? :smile:

I'm going to check this out, but I'm pretty sure there's no cause for concern. Might be worth checking with your school or college though.
Original post by Kerrias

Yes, speak to your school or college. However, if there still seems to be a discrepancy, you should complete and send us a candidate enquiry form - you'll find it on our website.
Kind of a Phony War at the moment - prelims are finished and you probably know deep down that you've got a lot of work to do. But the exams are far enough away to make you think you don't have to get down to it yet. Having Easter in the way doesn't help, of course. Next Term sounds further away than 10 weeks. But remember, when the penny does drop with you it's better to be going back over stuff than learning it. So every hour you put in now will make the hours at the sharp end that much more productive.
New promo campaign for 2012 is about to be launched. It features ME again, natch, plus a few others. Hope you like it and, more to the point, remember to sign up for MySQA!

MySQA_2012_montage1_A4_ad.pdf
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
Sam I read in the Sqa booklet that exams this year are only printed on white paper? why is this? is this due to cost cutting measures?
Original post by Babb_zz
Sam I read in the Sqa booklet that exams this year are only printed on white paper? why is this? is this due to cost cutting measures?

TBH I hadn't noticed that. But I will find out, don't go away now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending