The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Kinda depressing, isn't it?

Do you want to go into medicine too, then? :smile:

yup :smile: hopefuly i can still get my A* in additional science but i mucked up on my ISA :L

What about you? I presume you want to :smile:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Hoow much revision haveyou done today? I've done 0

0 as well - I seem to be relaxing ever since study leave ( yesterday ) :facepalm: Gunna start tomorrow though - you?
Original post by blueray
I used to be crap at it :biggrin: I can teach it :smile: What don't you understand? :h:

aww thanks! I don't no it's really weird. I get sohcahtoa. but its the ^-1 bit ahaha.
Reply 4223
Original post by lil-mazie
I had my Leavers assembly yesterday, didn't shed one tear sadly But I did get emotional when I said goodbye to one of my bestfriends. All the girls in my school wore 6 inch heels I'm just thankful for my wedges and we went to tinsel town home to America burgers and milkshakes it's really great. Did anyone have their Leavers assembly and do you really think you'll keep in touch with your current friends?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I had my leaves assembly on the 11th, that's when we left :smile: I did shed a tear as three of my best friends are leaving my school for a different sixth form too, it was very emotional. Of course I'll keep in touch with them! I have my band with one and I'll try my very best to be with the other too.

Just so I don't seem weird, I'm Abbie :smile:
Original post by paperclip345
I haven't really identified any topics that desperately need revision except for that. If any come up over the next few days of revision I'll ask you for sure :biggrin: I'm scared that I'm being a bit complacent though :s-smilie: I find most of maths quite easy, and all of my friends doing AS Maths this year keep on going on about how easy maths is haha, so I haven't given it much attention

Oh, that's cool:tongue:
Same! I get a lot of people saying to me never to do A-Level Maths-- but since I love the subject so much, I don't listen to them!:biggrin:
Original post by Adriennet
i think its hard cos u cant really revise for it and it's really specific on the mark scheme. also it really depends what topic you have. i resat unit 2 cos the first unit was aout the economy and china and their product development and i didnt no anything about it and normally background knowledge is required. I think i scraped a c so i wanted to resit it and the new paper i did was about prostitutes! it was soo funny and i couldnt stop laughing when i opened the exam. there was like five of us in the hall or sniggering or trying not to laugh and the examiner had to remind us that we were in a public exam and to b in exam conditions. what was worse was that one q asked about dehumanising and my friend didnt no wot that meant so thought de-human and wrote about aliens having sex. :colondollar: she told me this as soon as we finished the exam and was outside and that moment made the whole thing worth it. that and the fact that i've now got a B :wink:

OMG! Are you serious?
hahha--lol! I can't believe that:smile:
This is most probably the most funniest thing I heard all day!
I don't think that I'm passionate towards the subject any longer:rolleyes:
Reply 4226
Original post by Abbseh
GCSE was never going to be ground breaking stuff, that's why I can't wait for degree level with research.
I know, lots of work! Hopefully it wont be too bad, I enjoy it so it's not painful for me to sit there. Geography on the other hand...

I bet you'll start enjoying it less when the work and exams start piling up :tongue: And at least you don't have to do geography any more.

What do you want to study at uni?
Reply 4227
Original post by Alexx53
I bet you'll start enjoying it less when the work and exams start piling up :tongue: And at least you don't have to do geography any more.

What do you want to study at uni?

Thats a given with subject though so there is bound to be a little bit towards exams and stuff. Hate geography with a passion.
Either astrophysics/physics or chemistry, what about you?
Original post by justanotherindigo
OMG! Are you serious?
hahha--lol! I can't believe that:smile:
This is most probably the most funniest thing I heard all day!
I don't think that I'm passionate towards the subject any longer:rolleyes:

I know lol. it was soo funny. she still done well though, luckily it was only worth a few marks ahaha :')
I know lol. it was soo funny. she still done well though, luckily it was only worth a few marks ahaha :')

:lol:
I can imagine!
Ohh that's great:smile:
Original post by justanotherindigo
Oh, that's cool:tongue:
Same! I get a lot of people saying to me never to do A-Level Maths-- but since I love the subject so much, I don't listen to them!:biggrin:

I'm doing it too :smile: Yeah loads of people have been saying that, but it can't be impossible!
Reply 4231
Original post by Abbseh
Thats a given with subject though so there is bound to be a little bit towards exams and stuff. Hate geography with a passion.
Either astrophysics/physics or chemistry, what about you?

I guess.
I don't know yet. Probably Maths, maybe Economics. I found a 'Maths + Foreign Language' course which looked pretty good, but I'll work it out next year when I start applying for places.
Original post by Sheel1
yup :smile: hopefuly i can still get my A* in additional science but i mucked up on my ISA :L

What about you? I presume you want to :smile:

You presume correctly :tongue:

What subjects are you taking for A-Level? :smile:
I'm so jealous of you people and your leavers assemblies... our school was too afraid of us to let us have one, they just pretty much kicked us out of school -.-
Original post by paperclip345
I'm doing it too :smile: Yeah loads of people have been saying that, but it can't be impossible!

That's true:smile:
Nothing is impossible-- that's from the adidas advert ages ago.... me being weird again?:laugh:
Original post by Hummi_C
I'm so jealous of you people and your leavers assemblies... our school was too afraid of us to let us have one, they just pretty much kicked us out of school -.-

What?:confused:
How could they do that??!
My leaver's assembly is the end of this month-- but still...
They can't just kick you out like that!
Reply 4236
Original post by Alexx53
I guess.
I don't know yet. Probably Maths, maybe Economics. I found a 'Maths + Foreign Language' course which looked pretty good, but I'll work it out next year when I start applying for places.

Which language are you thinking about?
I know I'm early but I'm too excited for university, I've got about 10 prospectuses and I have a decent idea of where I want to go ahaha
aww thanks! I don't no it's really weird. I get sohcahtoa. but its the ^-1 bit ahaha.

The -1 bit is to find the angle of SOHCAHTOA :biggrin:

I'll give you an example of a SOH triangle.
If you wanted to find angle x in a right angle triangle you find the side opposite (O) to angle x and the hypotenuse (longest side) (H) to it .

Now you do SOH

so S= opposite/ hypotenuse

But since it's an angle you do Sin-1( opposite/hypotenuse)

:biggrin: Make sense?
So, do you guys think we can make it to mark IV? If we continue at this rate, we definitely will make it! :biggrin:
Reply 4239
I'm pretty excited about starting college, can't wait for a change of scenery and to meet new people who I have more in common with. :biggrin:

Latest