The Student Room Group

Advice from people now completing Computing A2?

I am making a hard decision in which subject I am going to drop when going into second year, between computing and accounting.

I've come here for reviews on the computing A2 course.

Did you guys enjoy it? What was your project idea? (I've already got one, so don't worry I wont steal yours! :colondollar:). More importantly, what is Comp3 like? I don't know much about it.

Thanks, Charlie!
Reply 1
Hi, Charlie.

You didn't state which exam board the course is on, but I did greatly enjoy my WJEC computing course. Learning the syllabus can be a bit of a grind, but the coursework was a challenge and very enjoyable, with lots of flexibility.

For my project I created a graphical web application for drawing all sorts of graphs. It sounds very boring, but was actually the most enjoyable part of the course. Others in my class chose from lists of "canned" scenarios and created their respective solutions to existing problems.

Parts of the syllabus were irritating, but if you like maths and programming, the second year is much more enjoyable than the first.

Hope this helps you make your decision.
Reply 2
Original post by Carius
Hi, Charlie.

You didn't state which exam board the course is on, but I did greatly enjoy my WJEC computing course. Learning the syllabus can be a bit of a grind, but the coursework was a challenge and very enjoyable, with lots of flexibility.

For my project I created a graphical web application for drawing all sorts of graphs. It sounds very boring, but was actually the most enjoyable part of the course. Others in my class chose from lists of "canned" scenarios and created their respective solutions to existing problems.

Parts of the syllabus were irritating, but if you like maths and programming, the second year is much more enjoyable than the first.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

Thanks man, this helps, as Maths is my main subject!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending