The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
calvinuk
Family guy quote?

What else?
xD
calvinuk
I don't understand how hopping over to continental Europe and back can result in "Jet Lag."

Jet lag is a result of messing up the body's internal clock, not from travelling on a plane

The plane trip was a couple of hours each way, the stress of checking in, security and duty free (which sucks at both Krakow Airport and Luton) is enough for me to consider the whole thing jetlag, even if technically it has nothing to do with it :smile:.

And I got frisked by a border guard in Poland, some huge army bloke in uniform, woah. totally offtopic but still, most of my posts are today. :woo:
Reply 22
nicky_innit
What else?
xD

Ahh, but Family Guy pales in comparison to South Park:p:
Reply 23
moneyballs2
The plane trip was a couple of hours each way, the stress of checking in, security and duty free (which sucks at both Krakow Airport and Luton) is enough for me to consider the whole thing jetlag, even if technically it has nothing to do with it :smile:.

And I got frisked by a border guard in Poland, some huge army bloke in uniform, woah. totally offtopic but still, most of my posts are today. :woo:

Ha, I can relate to that, i've managed to successfully de-rail every thread i've posted in today.
calvinuk
Ahh, but Family Guy pales in comparison to South Park:p:

actually I never got the big attraction with South Park. Or should I say "It insists upon itself." :yep:
Reply 25
i.am.lost
actually I never got the big attraction with South Park. Or should I say "It insists upon itself." :yep:

Oh I agree.

I liked that almost as much as I like Total.

:rolleyes:
Reply 26
Ha, to all of you whom believe Family Guy is somehow superior to South Park, I suggest you watch the episode "Cartoon Wars."

nicky_innit
Oh I agree.

I liked that almost as much as I like Total.

Another reference :P
Reply 27
calvinuk
Ha, to all of you whom believe Family Guy is somehow superior to South Park, I suggest you watch the episode "Cartoon Wars."

Another reference :P

Cartoon Wars is an incredibly awesome episode xD
I do love South Park, however I'm obsessed with Family Guy.
I get obsessed with TV shows/films/bands/anything that breathes.

Currently, it's Flight of the Conchords! I can't get enough of it xD

Reply 28
nicky_innit
Cartoon Wars is an incredibly awesome episode xD
I do love South Park, however I'm obsessed with Family Guy.
I get obsessed with TV shows/films/bands/anything that breathes.

Currently, it's Flight of the Conchords! I can't get enough of it xD

Ahh, I loiked Flight of The Conchords before it was cool.

"There ain't no party like my grandma's tea party, hiiii, hiii."

+1 for recognising the episode, as well.
calvinuk
I've no idea about long term, but these were the short term effects of my sleep deprivation:

* I no longer cared/needed sleep, i was just content to stay awake for the sake of it.

*However, once I reached this state, I puked about 5 times, and my mouth tasted like pure caffeine.

* I went through a couple of hours just laughing at everything, I.E. my friend sneezed, I laughed, my mate went to the toilet, I nearly fell over laughing.

* Incredibly horny, I would have actually boned whatever someone had put in front of me, but that may have just been the two incredibly hot girls that stayed up with me.

I suffer similar symptoms :P
Reply 30
calvinuk
Ahh, I loiked Flight of The Conchords before it was cool.

"There ain't no party like my grandma's tea party, hiiii, hiii."

+1 for recognising the episode, as well.

I'm the Hiphopapotamus, my lyrics are bottomless...umm...

But was it Steve perchance?
Steeeve.

T'is the episode where Bret and Jermain get mugged (camera phone FTW xD)
and Bret runs away when Jermain gets caught in a fence.

All that jazz.
Reply 31
nicky_innit
I'm the Hiphopapotamus, my lyrics are bottomless...umm...

But was it Steve perchance?
Steeeve.

T'is the episode where Bret and Jermain get mugged (camera phone FTW xD)
and Bret runs away when Jermain gets caught in a fence.

All that jazz.

What's Steeeve got to do with it?

There we are, quality tune :wink:
Reply 32
I get incredibly depressed if I stay up for 24 hours, very very rarely do it, if I done it often enough I'd be on a bus to the other side of the country and would have dropped out of university and quit my job, to fall asleep on the bus then wake up to wonder wtf I just did. "Seemed like a good idea at the time!"
Reply 33
Markyboy0106
Was that a serious question? It's the same song isn't it? :s

And then it goes: my rhymes and records they don't get played... etc... (i do know the words, but not typing them all out at 5.47am :biggrin: )

No, it's not a serious question:p: It's one of my favourite parts of the song :biggrin:
Reply 34
I stay up for 24 hour periods all the time, it hasn't really affected me at all.
Reply 35
nicky_innit
So, you stay awake for 24 hours.
At the end you just feel tired, but somehow you get a bit of a buzz.
You're stuck in a "I'm tired, but I don't want to sleep" phase where sleeping seems pointless but is the only thing you want to do.

Going for 24 hours without sleep, what are the short-term and the long-term effects?
What if it's done on a regular basis?

So far I've been awake for 21 hours without any energy drinks or copious amounts of coffee xD

WEAKLING!
My most is about 3 days. Then had the best sleep ever.
OP, I sympathise. I've been doing it on and off 2 weeks :biggrin:
Reply 37
I have been awake 49 hours solid this week...i don't think 24 hours is going to harm you that much!!
Reply 38
possible neurological damage...??
your brain NEEDS sleep, you dont just randomly pass out every night for no reason
i often go without sleeep fro 24 hrs ,especially when I'm travelling by boat as I leave at 6pm taken 7 hrs on a bus and another 9hrs on the boat then another 5 hours on the bus ,I can't sleep on buses . No real effects just overtiredness and confusion

Latest

Trending

Trending