The Student Room Group

Graphic Design ('10)

Scroll to see replies

serious im jealous! why havent i heard anything :frown:
Reply 21
When did you send off your application? Don't panic :smile: <3
ummm about 2/3 weeks ago maybe im getting worked up over nothing i might call up though actually just to act keen as well haha its not my first choice though so not too fussed :smile::smile:
yessss an offer soo happy
Reply 23
Well, if you're calling them, you might as well ask when are they going to start giving offers LOL Some of us are waiting for months >.>
No but i havent even had an interview or heard anything stupiiddddd hahaha. At least you have!
Ill let you wait.. i like people getting frustrated with waiting :smile:
Reply 25
chelseyhobbs
No but i havent even had an interview or heard anything stupiiddddd hahaha. At least you have!
Ill let you wait.. i like people getting frustrated with waiting :smile:

LOL, don't worry, they'll make you wait as well :p: j/k
I'm sure they will get in touch with you next week! :yep: :smile:
haha i will give them a piece of my mind tomorrow just you wait and see . its just the wait.. its been about 3 weeks , im acting like its been years.

Where're you from anyways?
Reply 27
Bulgaria :-) So I'm classified as an EU student :smile:
ahh cool. what so you'll stay over here for the whole 3 years right?
that'll cost loads!
not that uni doesn't anyways..
Reply 29
There's always a student loan! haha
I guess I'll be working part time :smile: And of course my parents will be helping me out, so I think I'll make it :smile:
Yeah guess so but there'll still be debt im dreading it haha . Do you have msn I'm off this website its annoying me haha
Reply 31
chelseyhobbs
Yeah guess so but there'll still be debt im dreading it haha . Do you have msn I'm off this website its annoying me haha

Yes, I saw you got one ; I can add you if you want ^_^
yeah sure go for it
Reply 33
've applied for 5 unis today for Graphic Design

chester uni - 240 ucas points required
nottingham trent uni - 280 ucas points required
de monfort uni - 240 ucas points required
lincoln uni - 240 ucas points required
coventry uni - 240 ucas points required

I already have two D's for my AS and at the moment I'm doing two AS and two A2 courses .. my predicted grades for AS are E and D .. my predicted grades for A2 are B and E ... not good I know

I was just wondering if there was any point for me applying to uni with these grades .. and do you think I still have a chance of getting an offer from unis?

Thanks
Some people I know have got interviews even though there not up to the requirements, if they really like your portfolio they sometimes let people in so I've heard. But give your a levels your best shot! You could get better than your predicted ones.:smile:
chelseyhobbs
serious? why?
how long was it before you heard off them im worried i havent even heard .

well long story short, NTU are quite arsey and so was the woman who runs the course not giving people fair chances.
Reply 36
i'm applying to falmouth, kingston, bournemouth, UWE and CSM for graphic design :smile: when my lecturer at college finally sends off my application!!
Reply 37
Ah, a Graphic Design '10 thread! =D
I'm staying down south but picked three unis in/around London and two a bit further.. more after places with nice printing facilities which explains my choices, lol.. but still not sure if I want to move out but still be closer to home or if I want to just go really far away =|
Doing my foundation at the moment though and my tutor still hasn't checked my application yet!
Reply 38
chelseyhobbs
Some people I know have got interviews even though there not up to the requirements, if they really like your portfolio they sometimes let people in so I've heard. But give your a levels your best shot! You could get better than your predicted ones.:smile:

Reply 39
woooah, I am thinking about my unis every single day, it makes me ssooo stressed out, as my tutor says We will send all the applications on 6th of january. In my oopinion its waay to late, as all of my friends sent their loong time ago. Now, I see that some of you already got some offers. Its soo depressing.

I am currently doing advanced diploma in graphics and digital arts, applying to

LCC
Ravensbourne
Northumbria
ECA (maybe?)

now I don't know wether to apply to Nottingham or Bournemouth. what do u guys think?

Quick Reply

Latest