The Student Room Group

Wjec Ict

Is anyone doing the new spec AS exam this January?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes,

I took the AS WJEC ICT exam - Sat down and answered every question until I was happy with it, came out exceptionally pleased with my efforts, believing i'd done very well.

Results for the exam proved otherwise.
I'd gotten an E :frown:

Is it me, or are WJEC really harsh on marking?

Re-sitting in just over a month's time - any tips on getting a better grade? :/
Reply 2
I also did bad in this exam I have done so twice now i did it in the summer 2009 and the january 2010. I got no marks for the spreadsheet questions so did most peeople in my class but the marker gave me no marks becuase even though i told her the title of which page she could find the answer to she said that I needed to put a page number to get the mark well our teacher never told us that I wrote down the way Ii had been learned. Like when it said =sum i put what it ment which sheet it was on e.g. stock sheet and which cells on the document which where numbered at the top and side to show it was like E3:colone:6. It was harshly marked it always is. I got a realy otugh examiner she marked me wrong for macro and mail merge when they wer both right. I cannot afford to get it re marked and the college won't pay for it so I will have to re-sit. WJEC are tough. I got a U in the end but so far i have got an A in my coursework. :mad: :s-smilie: :confused: :mad:
Reply 3
Who is doing this exam on the 18th May 2010.
WJEC AS IT1 -2 hours & 15 mins

Reply 4
???
jit987
???

I'm sitting it on the 17th.
Reply 6
I'm sitting this exam on the 18th. Good Luck to you both.
Reply 7
17th..monday? how come
we are doing it on the 18th-tuesday

we are talking about the AS exam IT1--2 hours and 15 mins
jit987
17th..monday? how come
we are doing it on the 18th-tuesday

we are talking about the AS exam IT1--2 hours and 15 mins

No idea why I'm sitting it on the 17th - Perhaps because it needs to fit around my GCSEs?

:confused:
Reply 9
VisualKiddy
No idea why I'm sitting it on the 17th - Perhaps because it needs to fit around my GCSEs?

Just make sure that the exam you're sitting on the 17th is WJEC AS ICT IT1 ( 2 hours -15mins). If that is then have you started your revision?.
18th is on tuesday.
Reply 10
anyone else doing this exam on ??
Reply 11
how is people revising for this exam?
any tips???????
Reply 12
anyone here doing this exam?..pm me hows the revision goin?
Reply 13
???
Reply 14
VisualKiddy

any reply? form ur teacher on wen you're doing it?
Reply 15
hey, ive got my raw mark for my coursework, : 69/80...
just need A in exam now
revising anyone?
jit987
hey, ive got my raw mark for my coursework, : 69/80...
just need A in exam now
revising anyone?

yes I am
Reply 17
Does anyone roughly know the grade boundaries for this exam?
Reply 18
Chantell
Does anyone roughly know the grade boundaries for this exam?

the grade boundaries for jan 09 -june 09-jan 2010
are available from their reports...and from those grade boundaries find the average for each grade...and work on those
but is roughly 57/80 = A

how you revising for it?
and what do u think will come up for the exam.
Reply 19
Thanks.
Im revising by just reading over my notes that I have written and attempting past papers. I have no idea what will come up in the exam, I wish I did.

Quick Reply