The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Help! Queen Margaret Uni or Glasgow Caledonian!

I have decided to firm RGU for applied Biomedical science
however I torn as to what uni to put down as my insurance, either Queen Margaret University-Human Biology or Glasgow Caledonian-Applied Biomedical Science.

I have researched both unis but still cant decide, so any help into the quality of these unis, the courses, quality of the labs and equipment, lectures etc just basically your opinion would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Go for Caley. QMU's location is awful, it's quite far out from the centre so if you were going out or whatever, then taxis would set you back a small fortune! I love Caley's location in Glasgow, and honestly I just love Glasgow as a whole, more so than Edinburgh. I can't really offer any advice regarding the other aspects of the unis, but I'm sure other posters will be able to. Good luck whatever you decide!
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 2
Glasgow Caledonian is in the city centre, QMU is in the country
Reply 3
I understand about the locations of the universitys but that aside what is the better university?
Reply 4
Glasgow Caledonian is like 10 years older than QMU, so its more known. QMU was only formed in 2007 so its still yet to make a name for itself
Reply 5
Has glasgow caledonian created a good name for itself?
Some of my friends have mocked me for applying to cally :frown:
Reply 6
Well its more of a name than Queen Margaret, which is unheard of outside Scotland
Reply 7
i am also going to apply for biomedical science. I only achieved a B and 4 Cs in my highers due to unavoidable family circumstances which i will mention in my personal statement. i emailed robert gordon uni, and they said that to be given a place the MINIMUM requirement would be a C from one of my advanced Higher subjects. I am also going to apply to Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow Caley, Strathclyde and either Dundee of Abertay. What kind of predicted grades would i need to be given an interview by these unis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending