The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE CHEMISTRY 18th JANUARY

How did you guys find it? I found it really hard and I got an A* on my mock :frown:! ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reply 1
Original post by iCamification

Original post by iCamification
How did you guys find it? I found it really hard and I got an A* on my mock :frown:! ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

same A* in mock and found this really difficult
Reply 2
We hadnt done the stuff on distillation of lavender oil and the question about the mantle i cant rememeber what they called it :O hbu but some parts were easy and the 6 marker was alriteee
Reply 3
found it better than the biology one, but i did screw up in that one..
Reply 4
I found it way harder than the biology but ya know!
Reply 5
Is it true if you get lower than a C, it's a U for the higher tier? Can someone please tell me!
Reply 6
Original post by FelixShaw

Original post by FelixShaw
I wanted to slit my wrists during this exam! It was so so so hard! And plus there was a section on the exam not on the spec! My teacher went through the paper (it was SO CRUEL) and literally everyone was saying they didn't get half of it right. I hope the whole country didn't do as good, so then they'd have to lower the grade boundaries! I really think I may have gotten lower than a C! so unexpected, and so hard compared to the Biology and the physics paper unit 1 AQA.
I WANT A RE-SIT!

i totally agree except i didn't do the biology paper!
Reply 7
What exam is this for unit 1 or 2? because i got chem unit 1 and 2 on the 24th of jan
Reply 8
Original post by Welbeck

Original post by Welbeck
What exam is this for unit 1 or 2? because i got chem unit 1 and 2 on the 24th of jan

unit 1
Reply 9
This was crazy hard especially compared to the Physics and Biology and I'm on a D for all 3 sciences :P
Reply 10
After somehow getting 42 out of 60 in the specimen paper I feel it went very badly :frown: My mind just went blank, but time will tell. Saying this, I think a re-sit may be needed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Can anyone tell me if I will have the same Paper(questions) as you guys? My school have rescheduled the exam to May? same with my Biology
Reply 12
Original post by ell44

Original post by ell44
Can anyone tell me if I will have the same Paper(questions) as you guys? My school have rescheduled the exam to May? same with my Biology

ask away, what do you want to know. last question was about producing ethanol, with fermentation and the way with ethene
Reply 13
unofficial markscheme anyone? could really use one as my unit 1 biology old spec was a killer today, OK but still difficult haha.
hi i have a retake on thursday and i don't know if it is going to be the same but could you tell me what topics may come up and reading the top comments its very hard . i have unit 2 exam to revise for aswell
Original post by 54ch1n
Is it true if you get lower than a C, it's a U for the higher tier? Can someone please tell me!

YES lower than C is a U I am hoping I make my A/B/C
Reply 16
Hi, my younger brother's stressed about whether or not to re-sit with a mid-A, but wanting an A*. I've never had to resit so I don't really know what to advise... should he make up the rest in C2 and C3 or resit in June? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest