The Student Room Group

New person right here !

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello new, socially inept person :3 i suppose i'm obliged to say welcome to the student room :tongue: i'm in year 11 too, just 10 exams left (poetry exam and chemistry resit on thursdsay.... yeahh i should probably be revising too..) And don't worry about the rant(s), it's nice to see someone else has the same feeling towards the exams that i do!

I'm Humza by the way :smile:
Reply 2
Look like we'll be suffering together then ;p um.. i got a very low A (like one mark off a B) but i'm doing chemistry for A level, so i need an A*.. what did you get? (if you don't mind my asking).. haha i think you'd be abnormal if that wasn't your opinion! and i have indeed, and i absolutely love them :biggrin:
Reply 3
And that's a nice name btw :smile:
Reply 4
Hi Becca, welcome to TSR as the guy has already mentioned as well. I am Jessica and also am in the middle of exams, but at university. I have a Fundamentals exam tomorrow and I have been revising, but gota have time off as well!

Hope you do as well as you hope in the rest of your exams xx
Reply 5
It is indeed. Are we on the same board? i'm on OCR, resitting C7. That's cool :smile: what else are you taking at A level? and yeah, that guy is actually amazing! hehe thank you.. i don't know anyone called Wahab :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by JessicaUk
Hi Becca, welcome to TSR as the guy has already mentioned as well. I am Jessica and also am in the middle of exams, but at university. I have a Fundamentals exam tomorrow and I have been revising, but gota have time off as well!

Hope you do as well as you hope in the rest of your exams xx

Pfft.. i have a name you know :wink:
Reply 7
Ohh haha I have to do so much in the exam, it’s so stupid how much I have to re-learn D: aw I’m sure you did fine :smile: I’m doing biology as well, physics and music . Oh I kinda like cricket but I’m not much into sport anymore :tongue: it does doesn’t it..
Reply 8
Although that does mean you've done it all already (besides, you've already got at least an A, so don't worry). Jeez thanks for putting that in my head, now if i write about Olly Murs in the exam i'm blaming you ;p Don't think about it now, there's nothing you can do! just think that you did fine, and get on with your other exams! I want to be a doctor (then retire and be a musician-that's my life planned out) you? haha i've watched (and played) a few, but not recently.. don't worry, i think you already have :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Hummi_C
Pfft.. i have a name you know :wink:

Lol, soz...but when I was typing that out I didnt have your name to hand!

xx
Reply 10
Original post by JessicaUk
Lol, soz...but when I was typing that out I didnt have your name to hand!

xx

Haha don't worry about it ;p xx
Reply 11
Then just dissipate it back in :wink: oh god i know, i'm definitely going to end up writing it somewhere on my tests, then frantically scribble it out and silently curse you ;3 That's good, don't beat yourself up about it! That's pretty cool :smile: a couple of my friends want to go into law as well.. umm.. i guess my dad (also a doctor) kinda influenced me, but essentially i think that the feeling you must get when you save someone's life must be the most amazing sensation in the world, and to be able to get that every day must be awesome! (also the salary's pretty good ;') hehe yayy fwend ;3
Reply 12
Aww but caffeine rocks xD haha that'd be pretty funny; they'd reread it like so many times, and clean their glasses (which i imagine they have-yay stereotyping!) Yeah it's a lot of pressure, but that's why there's so much training (and a 6 year course at uni). I'm hoping to study at Cambridge, if i get the required grades.. you?
Reply 13
I've never been properly hyper before, i feel like i'm missing out D: Wow that's a really confusing game :s awww bless :3 the people at my school (being a boys' school) just hit other people when they're stressed, so i think your ways a bit better.. hmm maybe you shouldn't go into medicine then, a lot of people think that if you're smart you should automatically be a doctor, but it really isn't for everyone. That's cool :smile: don't do that! that'd be giving up, and you don't seem like a giver-upper to me :wink:
:hello: Welcome to TSR! :smile:

:tsr:
Reply 15
Oh well, i'd still like to try it. I'm sure it is, my friends at the girls' school down the road are always so bitchy, it's unbelievable. Well it's almost over, so soon you'll be all happy again. It is indeed, but i think i'm ready. brb food :tongue:
Reply 16
It is indeed. Oh and going back to your earlier point (

) that's a rather negative way of looking at it, i'd like to think we were applying to go to university together :3 wow a lot goes on at your school, we just have shed-loads of fights :tongue: i think i am prepared, aren't you? and i have a lot:
A*s in the sciences, english and music
As in maths, graphics, rs, pe and Astronomy
and B in geography

what're yours?
Reply 17
fair enough.. i guess it would be pretty good to know someone else going to the same university so at least the first few days wouldn't completely suck :tongue: well with those grades i wouldn't worry about any competition. wow that's funny, the girls' school here is on a hill.. how coincidental :tongue: Those grades are amazing :biggrin: so many A*s, 'tis I who is jealous of you. Thanks, you too. And you can have my Enlgish grades if I can have your maths ones :wink:
Reply 18
Yup :smile: that's ok, at least your not a chav :wink: have you seen the Cambridge stalking one? for the course i wanna go on, the guy got 8A*s and 5As at gcse :O i just end up feeling terrible, but hopefully i'll make up for it with volunteer work etc. Well if the exams weren't so close i'd offer to help you with english in exchange for you helping me with maths (which i struggle to get A's in) but the english exam is this thursday, so there's not much i can help you with in such short time..
Reply 19
A smart and rather nice chav? you'd be the first one i've met. but then i feel guilty because it's like i'm stealing their education D: besides, there are more people better than me than there are spaces at Cambridge, especially from all the private schools (and you as well) -.- Yeah, also i've done a bit of work experience at a pharmacy and i'm going to get a job there when i turn 16 :smile: i'm with ocr i think (maybe aqa, but i don't think so). I can indeed, what would you like to know? i do, and they're really helpful: i'm sure they've taught me more than my actual teacher! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest