The Student Room Group

OCR F297 Strategic Management Case Study Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by sophiakhan
How did you get the loss of comission of £34329 figure??

Based on the information in Table 4:
Oakford - (429188 x 0.02) = £8584
Upham - (230558 x 0.03) = £6917
Stamton - (209200 x 0.09) = £18,828

.:. giving a total of £34, 329

This is the estimated total amount SLSL can make from completed house sales through "Other/No Data" forms of property awareness (based on the information in Table 4)
Reply 141
Original post by Emy25
Any predictions anyone for the 13, 18, 18, 20 or 23 marker for this paper??

my teacher predicts CPA will come up and possibly as a 13 marker then a macroeconomic factors question and that is it so far, he is still looking into the case study.

My teacher also predicts a CPA question and a macroeconomic one seeing as there is always a calculation and economics question.
I also think there will be a question about recommending a strategy and justifying it, possibly for the future success of SLSL. This might be the 23 marker as they have provided us with three strategic options in the case study.
And one of the 18 markers might be to discuss the importance of CPA for the business as the calculation question usually follows with a question that requires us to discuss its uses and benefits.
Reply 142
Original post by ameena.milly
For the finance section is the critical path analysis the only thing that's coming up

And not balance sheet?

Thank you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App

At the end of the APT pack, they calculated some ratios, so there is a possibility. But my teacher reckons it's unlikely because the CPA diagram cannot be there for no reason.
However, the balance sheet provides other relevant info that can be used to analyse in our answers. So that may be why it's there.

The CPA is more likely though because in the case study, they mention that Alistair hopes that they can reduce the time it takes for a sale to be completed, so how this can happen should be discussed.
Reply 143
Original post by Moyosola
At the end of the APT pack, they calculated some ratios, so there is a possibility. But my teacher reckons it's unlikely because the CPA diagram cannot be there for no reason.
However, the balance sheet provides other relevant info that can be used to analyse in our answers. So that may be why it's there.

The CPA is more likely though because in the case study, they mention that Alistair hopes that they can reduce the time it takes for a sale to be completed, so how this can happen should be discussed.

Ok thanks.

Reply 144
My teacher also predicts a CPA question and a macroeconomic one seeing as there is always a calculation and economics question.
I also think there will be a question about recommending a strategy and justifying it, possibly for the future success of SLSL. This might be the 23 marker as they have provided us with three strategic options in the case study.
And one of the 18 markers might be to discuss the importance of CPA for the business as the calculation question usually follows with a question that requires us to discuss its uses and benefits.

Those sound like some good predictions! :smile:
Reply 145

What are the 3 strategic options?

Thank you

Reply 146
Do you know for the CPA

Do you only need to know how to calculate the - EST,LFT, total floats?

Is there anything else we may need to calculate?

Thank you

Reply 147
Does anyone know if we have to work out the free float figures?

If yes, can anyone give me the answers.

Thanks

Reply 148
What are the 3 strategic options?

Thank you

- Expanding into Market Harworth as a fourth branch or replacement branch
- Diversifying into Lettings Management
- Moving away from the high street to become a website only estate agent

Do you know for the CPA

Do you only need to know how to calculate the - EST,LFT, total floats?

Is there anything else we may need to calculate?

Thank you

Yes, we need to know how to calculate those things, because we might have to complete the diagram in the exam.
And if there is a possibility that they change some figures, they might then tell us to calculate how long there would be a delay...
Reply 149

Yes, we need to know how to calculate those things, because we might have to complete the diagram in the exam.
And if there is a possibility that they change some figures, they might then tell us to calculate how long there would be a delay...

Thank you very much.

Have you calculated free floats? Cause I am not sure whether what I have done is right.

Thank you

Reply 150

How would you calculate How long there would be a delay?

Is this through the LFTs?

Thank you

Sorry it's just I am doing it externally therefore don't have any teachers help!!!

Reply 151
Would someone be kind enough to post/send me example essays or essays you have done of questions which are likely to come up in the exam.

I'm finding it hard to figure out how to get L4... :/
Reply 152
Original post by Campsa
Would someone be kind enough to post/send me example essays or essays you have done of questions which are likely to come up in the exam.

write it depends on ......
short term long term ...........

im ****ting it for this exam
Reply 153
the case analysis of tutor 2 u and APt suck
Reply 154

Hi, would you have any idea whether the CPA on the APT notes for SLSL is correct? Because i don't understand how node 4 takes 3 days to complete? Shouldn't it be 4?

Also how is it possible to use table 4 - "public awareness of local estate agents" in the essays?

Thank you:smile:
Reply 155
If the nodes thing comes up, I'm f***ed!!!
Reply 156
Original post by Campsa

Hi - for level 4 you need to have a balanced argument in your essay and then in the conclusion you must make a recommendation of what SLSL should do in order to get into level 4.
Reply 157
Anyone else on here also doing the F293 Marketing module? I'm ****ting bricks for these last two modules!!!
Reply 158
Is anyone doing f295 people in organisations?

Reply 159
Original post by Campsa
Anyone else on here also doing the F293 Marketing module? I'm ****ting bricks for these last two modules!!!

Hey i'm resitting marketing! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest