The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Maths Unit C 13th June

Scroll to see replies

Is mr M going to put up the answers for the paper?
Reply 21
For the similar triangle question, did you get:

For the length you multiplied the other by 3
The angle was the same (42 I think)
And the area,459?
Reply 22
Original post by Han456
For the similar triangle question, did you get:

For the length you multiplied the other by 3
The angle was the same (42 I think)
And the area,459?

Yes thats what I got as well and the majority of my year :smile:
Reply 23
i put that the angle was the same as the other triangle because they are similar triangles - is that wrong?
Reply 24
Original post by adam132
i ended up with 4x-15 over (x-2)(x-3) (or something) on the last question

i multiplied the denominators and numerator by opposite denominator ect to get the same denominator - i think thats what you do? then subtracted the top numbers

That's what I got and how I did it :smile:

Original post by Han456
I found that 2 hours was plenty of time! Loads of people in the exam was finished with 45 minutes to spare, even after checking our answers :biggrin:

Like Whoopli said: x+5/x-2 minus x/x-3 :confused:

I finished in 45 minutes, then went back and redid every single question, then checked all the numbers to see that I hadn't accidentally copied a number over wrong (I did that in the mock), checked them all through againg and that all left me 20 minutes to spare. Many people had finished by the end. I even tried to take my time on this one, but still finished too early :/

Original post by Han456
I can't remember exactly what I put, but I think I wrote £500 and something, but it might be wrong :s-smilie:

I got £500 and something too, can't remember the exact number though.

Original post by chrisy:)
i think for the tent question i got like £554 and did you all get £30.50 more on the interest question?

Yes, I got £30.50, but the emphasis of the question was on explaining rather than the actual answer, so we shall see how well we did.

Did anyone else stare really hard at the question where you had to square the square root of 3? I literally stared at it for a few minutes, to check I was reading it correctly :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Original post by star57
i put that the angle was the same as the other triangle because they are similar triangles - is that wrong?

No, you're right :smile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/number/percentageshirev2.shtml

Basically our question! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by ollieunitt
Yes thats what I got as well and the majority of my year :smile:

Yep, that's what I got, as the length scale factor was 3 so the area scale factor was 9 :smile:

Original post by star57

That's correct, in similar shapes the angles are always the same.
Reply 27
Original post by fatimaabeer
Is mr M going to put up the answers for the paper?

No, his centre don't do this paper.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 28
did you draw 2 dotted lines on the plan view question?
Reply 29
For the difference between simple interest and compound interest did people get something around £30?
Reply 30
did you draw 2 dotted lines on the plan view question?

Yes! However, you should still get the marks even if you didn't. :smile:

Original post by UFO
For the difference between simple interest and compound interest did people get something around £30?

I got £30.50. :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by lizz-ie
Yes! However, you should still get the marks even if you didn't. :smile:

I got £30.50. :smile:

I had a total mindblock as to what simple interest was and just had to guess it but if what you put is right then i should be OK :smile:

What did people get for the quadratic equation substitution one where you had to work out a b and c? I think I got 5 and 4 for b and c but couldn't work out a...
Reply 32
Original post by UFO
I had a total mindblock as to what simple interest was and just had to guess it but if what you put is right then i should be OK :smile:

What did people get for the quadratic equation substitution one where you had to work out a b and c? I think I got 5 and 4 for b and c but couldn't work out a...

a = 2
b = 5
c = -6
Reply 33
Is there no unofficial mark scheme for this paper then? :frown: i would but i can't remember any of the questions
Reply 34
Original post by ollieunitt
Is there no unofficial mark scheme for this paper then? :frown: i would but i can't remember any of the questions

No, Mr M's school do a different GCSE paper. If someone can get hold of the paper though, I'd be happy to work out the answers and post a mark scheme. :smile:
Reply 35
Does anyone have a rough idea as to what the grade boundaries would be for this? Found the paper quite easy but I think so did most people.
Reply 36
Original post by GuyHurley
Does anyone have a rough idea as to what the grade boundaries would be for this? Found the paper quite easy but I think so did most people.

I think that (out of 100 marks) an A* would be around 90, or is that too high? I only say 90% because most people have found this exam quite easy, so maybe for an A it would be 80-90ish then a B 70-80. But these are just guesses, they might be lower :biggrin:
Reply 37
what did you all get for the probability question of the spinner cause i got 5/12 but not sure it it's right?
Reply 38
what did you all get for the probability question of the spinner cause i got 5/12 but not sure it it's right?

I got 1/4, but I'm pretty sure you're right because my friend( who's always right) got that :smile:
Did the question say the total had to be greater than 8, or equal to 8?
(edited 11 years ago)
I also got 5/12 I drew a big tree diagram, is that what you did?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending