The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

I have developed a terrible habit of not listening to things that are being said to me/on the TV. It's like it just doesn't even penetrate my ears sometimes :/
Reply 5981
Original post by Sabertooth
I'll go with bullettheory and tell her, I need someone to give me a hug desperately right now. I'm worried about telling the doctor about this, I can NOT go to hospital.

Thanks.

I'm glad you're going to tell her, let us know if there's anything we can do to help. :console:
I'm seeing my CPN next week, I dunno about psychiatrist not sure if I'm seeing her again. I have no idea why things are so hard and they are so loud recently.

I will do that, thank you, she is amazing I feel ashamed of whats happening but she will make me feel better. I'm just scared she'll think horrible things about me or be scared of me and I could never forgive myself for scaring her. :frown:

I'll go with bullettheory and tell her, I need someone to give me a hug desperately right now. I'm worried about telling the doctor about this, I can NOT go to hospital.

Thanks.

Let your CPN know then :smile: No, it sounds like you're having a terrible time of it at the moment :hugs: I hope your girlfriend helps calm you down, just stay with her if you need to. Hospital would only be a last resort, and at the end of the day you're better off telling them because you don't want things to get worse and then find yourself being sectioned :no:
I made the mistake of touching myself after cutting a bunch of chilis.

I do this fairly often, as I like chilis, and usually it's kinda a nice albeit hot pain. But this is different. It's like my penis is trapped in a blender with blades made of fire.

None of this would happen if antidepressants did what they claimed to do and decreased my excessive libido, which should its self also be reduced through depression.

Life is unfair.

We don't even have any yoghurt.

I will do that, thank you, she is amazing I feel ashamed of whats happening but she will make me feel better. I'm just scared she'll think horrible things about me or be scared of me and I could never forgive myself for scaring her. :frown:

I'm glad, she sounds really good for you :smile: At the end of day it's not your fault, I know it's hard to keep telling yourself that, but it's not your fault, and you dont need to he ashamed. I dont think she is going to react like that, she loves you and she just wants to help. I know you don't want to tell your CPN and I understand why not, but I think you should tell them, because if they are getting louder, hopefully they can do something to help. :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Have you tried any pills to help you sleep? Ime some seem to stop you dreaming as much.

atm quetiapine still gets me off to sleep, i'm not sure there's anything that would stop the dreaming really... apart from more quetiapine maybe. but i get the feeling that would be a silly road to go down :moon:
also have to give in my module choices for next year tomorrow and although i've been doing fine and academia is like The Thing That I Am Good At this little spell has made me think I shouldn't do a dissertation because it would stress me out and mess up the whole year probably. :frown: I'm thinking I can find a way around it by doing a part time taught masters and then using that to go into research but it feels like such a huge ****ing failure not to do a dissertation like everyone else. It's not like I'm not intelligent enough to do it.
Reply 5987
I feel ashamed and scared of myself.

Spoiler

:console: I'm really sorry this is happening to you. You've already received some good advice from others on this thread but I just want to say lots of hugs and positive thoughts from me :hugs:.
I went late to my last CBT session, changed the the day and time twice. I was meant to go through Social Anxiety tips and instead ended up not doing anything and just went teary over not being able to think of what to say.
Reply 5989
Had a good day today, even with my family :smile:. Although was feeling crap at certain times.

6000th post in the thread :biggrin:
Been feeling really anxious all day, really tight chest and hard to breathe since I got up this morning. **** it. Alcohol will help.
Reply 5991
Original post by avhhs
Had a good day today, even with my family :smile:. Although was feeling crap at certain times.

6000th post in the thread :biggrin:

:cheers:
Reply 5992
Original post by Anonymous
I went late to my last CBT session, changed the the day and time twice. I was meant to go through Social Anxiety tips and instead ended up not doing anything and just went teary over not being able to think of what to say.

I can't speak for anybody else but I know I've done this at quite a few MH appointments. They'll be used to it and will hopefully be patient with you and give you time (as they should).

_________

Apologies for lack of responses tonight - I have a budgie sitting on one hand who takes great exception to said hand being used for typing, so everything is taking 5 times longer. Blame him > :parrot:

Saber - :hugs:
I feel ashamed and scared of myself.

Spoiler

Whilst it's not a common occurence for most people, it's nothing to be ashamed of. At all. I have these kind of problems quite a bit too. I just avoid the kitchen at all costs tbh, in order to avoid them, but I live with my parents, so that works most of the time. It's why I don't think I'm ready to move into sheltered housing :colondollar:

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
The postgrad excitement is wearing off now and I'm in a bit of a funk. I have my third year left to ruin at Nottingham first anyway. I think I've decided I'd rather do an MPhil instead of a PhD just so I'm not so pressured but I still have no idea how I can pay the fees or accommodation or anything.

I'm meeting my potential supervisor on Tuesday and I have no clothes to wear because I didn't plan ahead and left everything at university and I can't go back to get anything.

It's all feeling a bit stupid at the moment :frown:
This is a random post...

I just realised it's been over two years since I last self harmed...

I just wanted to tell someone and I guess this is the best place for it..

yay :smile:
Reply 5996
Original post by Anonymous
This is a random post...

I just realised it's been over two years since I last self harmed...

I just wanted to tell someone and I guess this is the best place for it..

yay :smile:

:awesome: Grand! Really well done you should be so proud! :woo:
Original post by Sultana
:awesome: Grand! Really well done you should be so proud! :woo:

I am, but I still don't feel like i've completely overcome it. I get the urge from time to time still, but luckily it's been in situations where I can't do anything and it fades, but it's progress I guess :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Whilst it's not a common occurence for most people, it's nothing to be ashamed of. At all. I have these kind of problems quite a bit too. I just avoid the kitchen at all costs tbh, in order to avoid them, but I live with my parents, so that works most of the time. It's why I don't think I'm ready to move into sheltered housing :colondollar:

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

If it's not too personal, have you had similar commands?

Using this as a reason to avoid having to help prepare food does sound like a good plan though :beard: 2 birds, 1 stone....

Original post by bytail
Let your CPN know then :smile: No, it sounds like you're having a terrible time of it at the moment :hugs: I hope your girlfriend helps calm you down, just stay with her if you need to. Hospital would only be a last resort, and at the end of the day you're better off telling them because you don't want things to get worse and then find yourself being sectioned :no:

Original post by d123
I'm glad you're going to tell her, let us know if there's anything we can do to help. :console:

Original post by bullettheory
I'm glad, she sounds really good for you :smile: At the end of day it's not your fault, I know it's hard to keep telling yourself that, but it's not your fault, and you dont need to he ashamed. I dont think she is going to react like that, she loves you and she just wants to help. I know you don't want to tell your CPN and I understand why not, but I think you should tell them, because if they are getting louder, hopefully they can do something to help. :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thanks for the advice guys. I told her and she gave me a huge hug and said she doesn't love me any less over it. I still feel like a crazy mofo but the cuddles and hugs made me feel a lot less scared. We discussed it and I'm going to tell my CPN some of what happened, perhaps clean it up a bit because hospital really wouldn't help me and she said she'll do all the knife using from now on, which is definitely a good thing. I just need to chill out somehow, I'm taking the evening off with this in mind and attempting to watch inglourious basterds, though it's difficult with the concentration lapses. Such a ****ing awesome movie.

Thanks for your advice earlier :smile:
If it's not too personal, have you had similar commands?

Using this as a reason to avoid having to help prepare food does sound like a good plan though :beard: 2 birds, 1 stone....

:sadnod:

Spoiler

I'm really glad you told your girlfriend about it and that she was supportive :hugs:

Latest