Yes got mine today as well! It all feels real now :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It does! Where are you?
Original post by Luke0011
Hey everyone! Anyone got their accommodation yet? I got mine today! :smile:

Original post by LaShy
Yes got mine today as well! It all feels real now :smile:

Hey, how do you get notified of your accomodation is it via e-mail or post? Hopefully I'll get mine soon. Where are you both staying?
Reply 1843
It does! Where are you?

I got Holly Cross, I keep wondering how the rooms look (only got a tour of Lindsay on the visit day), what about you?

Original post by manderson
Hey, how do you get notified of your accomodation is it via e-mail or post? Hopefully I'll get mine soon. Where are you both staying?

It came through post, I did the pre-enrolment the day before and it came the next morning, don't worry I'm sure yours is on its way :smile:
Original post by manderson

I got mine through post too! :smile:

Original post by LaShy
I got Holly Cross, I keep wondering how the rooms look (only got a tour of Lindsay on the visit day), what about you?

I'm in Hawthorns!
Reply 1845
Did anyone get a catered hall??:s-smilie:
Reply 1846
I'm in Hawthorns!

Cool you'll get to know keele village :smile: can't wait for Sept now!

Original post by pi=3

No catered hall for me, guess its time to learn how to boil an egg :tongue:
It came through post, I did the pre-enrolment the day before and it came the next morning, don't worry I'm sure yours is on its way :smile:

[QUOTE="Luke0011;38784987"]I got mine through post too! :smile:

Thanks for replying, I hope to be in Hawthorns too! Fingers crossed! :smile:
Original post by pi=3

As far as I know, there aren't any catered halls at Keele. You used to be able to buy a meal-plan for the year, which provided most weekday meals in the Comus restaurant, but I've just had a quick look at the website and the meal-plan doesn't appear to exist anymore.
Reply 1849
Original post by psyc_postgrad
As far as I know, there aren't any catered halls at Keele. You used to be able to buy a meal-plan for the year, which provided most weekday meals in the Comus restaurant, but I've just had a quick look at the website and the meal-plan doesn't appear to exist anymore.

I think they just introduced it this year! Yeah, you are right though, there is no meal plan on the website. Apparently, its not in Comus anymore though, but at Hawthorns Restaurant instead (with the 'catered' block being in Hawthorns itself).:redface:
Reply 1850
Anyone living off campus.
Reply 1851
Did anyone else read that part on the offer letter which said that we should join a Medical Defense Union? Any idea what that means and how we should do that?:s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by pi=3
Did anyone else read that part on the offer letter which said that we should join a Medical Defense Union? Any idea what that means and how we should do that?:s-smilie::s-smilie:

The defence unions are basically there to help you out and provide free legal advice etc if someone decides to sue you basically. Membership is free and you will find that on the first day at the medical school there will be a stall within the medical school where you can sign up (it is time tabled in anyway). They usually give away freebies also which is always good :biggrin:
Reply 1853
Original post by rumandraisin
The defence unions are basically there to help you out and provide free legal advice etc if someone decides to sue you basically. Membership is free and you will find that on the first day at the medical school there will be a stall within the medical school where you can sign up (it is time tabled in anyway). They usually give away freebies also which is always good :biggrin:

Right, awesome. Thanks!
Reply 1854
During freshers week do we need to go to the medical school building at all?
I miss emails from Keele :sadnod: Tired of UCAS emails though :tongue:
Original post by hello786
During freshers week do we need to go to the medical school building at all?

This is the first week.

On Monday, you will do a lot of administrative stuff like registration but you will also get your white lab coats (which do make you feel like a proper medical student!). We’ll introduce you to the Medical School, the course, the first year and some of the things you’ll do as a medical student.

Tuesday is spent getting to know staff and, importantly, your group for your Problem Based Learning. There will be lectures and in the afternoon the “Great Egg Challenge” which is a light-hearted way of getting to know your new group. There is a reception with all the staff in the late afternoon where you will be able to meet other students, and your student mentors from Year 2.

On Wednesday morning you will start your first case. This is part of a clinical story you will study through the first few weeks. This session will help you work out what study you need to do before Friday. Yes, your course really has started.

Thursday is exciting as you have your first Anatomy and Histology sessions –so in labs and the Anatomy suite rather than the lecture theatre or seminar rooms. Don’t worry-we all felt a bit odd the first time!

On Friday you have your “wrap-up” for the PBL case so that you can check that you have covered what you should have for that week. You’ve survived your first week!

Straight off the keele website.
Reply 1857
Thanks for the reply, looks like no freshers for us then,,
Original post by hello786
Thanks for the reply, looks like no freshers for us then,,

They also say that you should look out for any social events going on, but just make sure you're on time the next day! :smile:

Reply 1859
This is the first week.

Straight off the keele website.

Is this for the first week of teaching or freshers week?:s-smilie: If they want us to do this much even in freshers, that would be pretty harsh imo.:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending