The Student Room Group

SRO Audiences (TV audience ticket company)

Has anyone else used these people to get free tickets to be in the audience for TV shows? Just wanted to know if they are any good; their website looks rather basic compared to the likes of the Applause Store (market leaders) and Lost in TV.
Reply 1
Yes, I've used them to get tickets to the Graham Norton Show. Their site *is* basic which is great as it's easy to apply. The staff seem friendly and reply immediately if you have any questions/queries. I prefer it to Applause Store.
Reply 2
Great, reputable people last time I checked. You shouldn't judge their website when shows like Graham Norton are using them :tongue:
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies.
Reply 4
I've used them too, got tickets to the cube, lets dance for sports relief, family fortunes... etc.
One thing I can't understand though, is why, for some shows, they ask for your address. Does anyone know?
Reply 5
Original post by angelic03
I've used them too, got tickets to the cube, lets dance for sports relief, family fortunes... etc.
One thing I can't understand though, is why, for some shows, they ask for your address. Does anyone know?

Don't have a clue, but out of all of the TV ticket companies, I think SRO are the best. I thought their customer service was outstanding and their organisation getting us into the studio was brilliant. I will be using them again. What was it like seeing The Cube live?
Reply 6
Original post by AdzAb95
Don't have a clue, but out of all of the TV ticket companies, I think SRO are the best. I thought their customer service was outstanding and their organisation getting us into the studio was brilliant. I will be using them again. What was it like seeing The Cube live?

pretty boring actually! I've never watched The Cube on TV, but I just wanted to be in an audience (It was my first)! They over exaggerate the tension. Still was an experience. I really want to go to something like Mock the Week or Jonathan Ross though.
Reply 7
Original post by angelic03
pretty boring actually! I've never watched The Cube on TV, but I just wanted to be in an audience (It was my first)! They over exaggerate the tension. Still was an experience. I really want to go to something like Mock the Week or Jonathan Ross though.

I suspect that would be very exciting. Lets Dance was brilliant as it was on a Saturday night. I think it's always best to try and go to a live show as they don't have to do so many takes.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Yeah. Been to quite a few shows. My favourite was seeing Jim Jefferies Alcoholocaust live.
Reply 9
This is a great place to get free tickets. Well organised have never been disappointed. Emailed tickets that do not need printing as they have your name on a list. Emails are very self explanatory with all the info you could need. A Star service
Received E ticket for London Palladium stood in the cold and wet for almost 3 hours to be given a raffle ticket number 413 and come back in an hour just incase some people do not turn up , number ewe what chance did we have .. complete waste of a Saturday !!!!
I rate the experience as one of the wasted days of my life.Queue up for 3 hours for a recording of the voice,it was the last show so only 2 of the Judges had 1 place each left therefore you knew that the chosen ne had to be the last on,therefore the other judges had no interest in the performers.You are treated like cattle and expected to cheer and shout and holler and generally make the judges feel great about themselves.We also had rubbish seats at the rear of the studio so all we saw alll night was the back of 4 chairsDont know why they made such a pantomime of taking all phones and then having to queue up at the end to get them back as there was nothing to see to bother recording.If I had put something on social media it would have been a miserable face,would have left if not being collected
Original post by AdzAb95
Has anyone else used these people to get free tickets to be in the audience for TV shows? Just wanted to know if they are any good; their website looks rather basic compared to the likes of the Applause Store (market leaders) and Lost in TV.

What a waste of a Sunny day and evening....thanks you bunch of ####s at SRO Audiences

Drove up from Brighton and stayed in a hotel nr Television centre in Shepherds Bush

Arrived at 6.05 for wrist bands which were meant to be given out from 615

Over 638 people had already got there's because approx 150 of them had priority tickets and didn't actually need to queue

Headless to say after another 15 hours and going through security we still didn't get in

The trick is......go to any show at TV centre and get a wrist bank around the 680 Mark ( at approx 645pm). You won't get in this time but you get a nice yellow priority bank for a show you really want to see next time
This is because priority tickets go through security and into TV centre before anyone else

SRO Audiences can't meet their clients expectations nor be honest enough or a kind enough bunch of people just to say that " if you have a wrist band over 600 you probably won't get in "

If your lucky, unlike me, you won't waste £200 on a FREE night out because the staff deliberately mislead you and over book by approx 30%
When receiving tickets for SRO audiences, what are the chances of being allowed entrance as I am aware they overbook by a certain percentage.
Reply 14
I have been using SRO audience tickets for many years and they are ideal. I have attended The Last Leg, Take Need Out, The Chris Ramsey show, A League of their Own, Lip Sync battle,, Vicious Big Heads
Hi! just out of interest, how early did you arrive? i got myself and my parents tickets to the chase and i’m a bit conscious they’re travelling a long way to not get in. not sure when to get there? it says it opens at 5!
Reply 16
my mum works there as one of the head administrators - they're a great company and despite they're rickety system they do try to guarantee tickets (if you don't manage to get a ticket the first time round/get refused at the door you can get priority for another show) where possible
Don’t bother unless you are coming in a group of 4. These rolls prioritise good looking people and groups of at least 4. The problem is that they will stall tickets for 1, 2, 3 people, have them waiting in the queue for ages and then send them at home which is unfair, aggravating and a total waste of time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending