The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Reading all of this really makes me doubt, i really like party and social life and stuff but also i feel i will be doing a load of work and the idea of constant party, noise etc isn't that amusing.

@Pot_Tart: you'd say your experience at Roberts Way was good i guess? Had a bit of both party and calm times? Thank you all!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Jirai

I sent off my accommodation application last week, and I have an unconditional offer. I was wondering does anybody have an idea how long until I get my room offer?
Reply 62
Original post by Jirai
Reading all of this really makes me doubt, i really like party and social life and stuff but also i feel i will be doing a load of work and the idea of constant party, noise etc isn't that amusing.

@Pot_Tart: you'd say your experience at Roberts Way was good i guess? Had a bit of both party and calm times? Thank you all!

Definitely, Roberts Way was fine for me. The only negative thing about the rooms are that the walls are quite thin :/

But don't worry too much the library is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and has lots of space to study in peace. Also it is a 5 min walk from most of the accommodation on college lane. You can work on one of the computers or take your own laptop with you to the library.

Original post by Laneii
I sent off my accommodation application last week, and I have an unconditional offer. I was wondering does anybody have an idea how long until I get my room offer?

Normally you would get everything after resultsday but since you are an unconditional applicant, i'm not too sure. If you really want to know I would phone up herts and just ask when abouts you can expect the accommodation pack.
Alright all?
I found myself in the same situation as many this time last year and found it a chuffing nightmare trying to find photos of accommodation

Im currently living in Butler hall on the 3rd floor. Its nice a quiet and very clean, but its not the cheapest. Im a mature student so its right up my street, you do need to take into account what you're coming to uni to do.

Here are some photos of my crib...

its actually pretty big!
hope it helps.

Reply 64
thanks, this is pretty useful

Original post by robbyrichmond
Alright all?
I found myself in the same situation as many this time last year and found it a chuffing nightmare trying to find photos of accommodation

Im currently living in Butler hall on the 3rd floor. Its nice a quiet and very clean, but its not the cheapest. Im a mature student so its right up my street, you do need to take into account what you're coming to uni to do.

Here are some photos of my crib...

its actually pretty big!
hope it helps.

Reply 65
How long is the contract for accomodation?
Reply 66
Original post by dan_lock
How long is the contract for accomodation?

I'm pretty sure its 36 weeks but it could be 38!
Reply 67
Roberts Way looks like it's the best so far.. Thanks everyone! I didn't have a clue before reading this. :biggrin:

See you in September.. possibly :smile:
Reply 68
Oh. and pop tart? You rock.
I hope this doesn't sound repetitive to anyone, but I finally got my student number today and now I'm applying for accommodation. Here is what I have so far:

1) Fern (Band B)
2) Butler (Band B)
3) Telford (Band A)
4) ?

I want some opinions: what do you guys recommend for my fourth choice? Chapman, Broad, or Coales and why? (Ps, I've heard many times that rooms from these three halls are small, but that's all I seem to hear about them). Thanks :smile:
What does "Phase 1" and "Phase 2" mean? I'm thinking about applying for Roberts Way, but doesn't know which one to pick.

Wanted to stay at de Havilland at first, but I'm not so sure since it's £113 per week now :|
Original post by djurgardare
What does "Phase 1" and "Phase 2" mean? I'm thinking about applying for Roberts Way, but doesn't know which one to pick.

Wanted to stay at de Havilland at first, but I'm not so sure since it's £113 per week now :|

Basically, Phase 2 has a sink, Phase 1 does not.
I would suggest looking at this for more information on accommodation. :3
Reply 72
Hi guys! My brother has firmed Hertfordshire but hasn't done anything I am having to do everything for him including student finance all he did was sign the declaration form! I'm quite confused should he be applying for accommodation right know? or wait? Whenever I ask him his like don't worry I'll apply but I know he won't and end up not having anywhere to live!
Reply 73
Original post by dannimcq
Oh. and pop tart? You rock.

thank you! :biggrin:

Original post by s_libra
Hi guys! My brother has firmed Hertfordshire but hasn't done anything I am having to do everything for him including student finance all he did was sign the declaration form! I'm quite confused should he be applying for accommodation right know? or wait? Whenever I ask him his like don't worry I'll apply but I know he won't and end up not having anywhere to live!

There is no need to apply right now as unless he has a unconditional offer his application won't be dealt with until results day anyway. You will get an accommodation pack send in the post in a few weeks.
(edited 12 years ago)
No? You don't wait to apply until results day?

That'd be too late.

Once you get your accom pack threw the letterbox, apply.

You should get it soon, if you already haven't.
Reply 75
I haven't received anything yet... But i can still print out the form from the Herts webpage and send it right? When do you receive your exam results? ( i'm international, that's why i don't know haha)
Reply 76
Original post by The Entity
No? You don't wait to apply until results day?

That'd be too late.

Once you get your accom pack threw the letterbox, apply.

You should get it soon, if you already haven't.

Sorry if it was confusing what I said.

You apply once you get your accommodation pack in the letterbox (or earlier if you are really eager) BUT no accommodation applications will be processed until after results day, that's just how herts does it. If you are an unconditional applicant your accommodation application will be processed straight away.

Original post by Jirai
I haven't received anything yet... But i can still print out the form from the Herts webpage and send it right? When do you receive your exam results? ( i'm international, that's why i don't know haha)

You sure can! Well you should ask your school/college when you get your exam results? :P In the UK students get their results sort of at the end of the holidays but obviously this is not the case all over the world :smile:

Just send off any paperwork as soon as you get it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah, of course, yeah that's right.

It won't get processed until late August.

TBH, you can apply quite late, i applied in mid-July and still got my 1st choice, but that was Fern. I'd guess if your applying for Telford or De Hav, there's more demand.
Reply 78
Original post by The Entity
TBH, you can apply quite late, i applied in mid-July and still got my 1st choice, but that was Fern. I'd guess if your applying for Telford or De Hav, there's more demand.

Yeah I agree, was the same for me. I applied quite late and still got my first choice (roberts way). Though, I was thinking .. now that prices went up with actually quite a bit you might see that the lower bands will be a little more popular too! :/

I guess we'll have to wait and see :P
Original post by Pop_tart
Though, I was thinking .. now that prices went up with actually quite a bit you might see that the lower bands will be a little more popular too! :/

I guess we'll have to wait and see :P

True.

Quick Reply

Latest