The Student Room Group

Meteorology / Climate Science Applicants Thread :D 2012 entry (2013 deferred entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by allybear
I really should keep paying more attention to this, i miss out on a fair bit when i don't!

Hahaha, I was like that, now I'm on here daily to see if people update anything.

Anyway, Leeds (Masters) is going to be my firm and Reading (Masters) my insurance :biggrin: (this is if both interviews go to plan of course!)
What's everyone else putting as their firm and insurance, also, what days are people visiting reading and leeds?

I'm the same as you with choices but i had my interview with leeds last october, was amazing :biggrin: The interviewer (think i had steven dobbie) was really nice and they make you feel really at home and welcome.
For Reading i'm going for the second open day, early february from memory. how about you?
Do you have faceboook? If so add me :smile: http://www.facebook.com/ThomasOrton94

Cheers Tom
Reply 41
Oo already had Leeds interview!! What did they ask you?! I'm so nervous about that one! And I'm going to the one at reading at the start of February too :smile: I'll add you on Facebook now, although I shan't be on there too much over the examination period :smile:
Regards
Alice :smile:
Reply 42
Oo already had Leeds interview!! What did they ask you?!

They just want to know if your motivated and you didnt lie in your personal statement, and have a bit of a chat with them about meteorology :smile: theyre not trying to trip you up or pressure you, they just want to know if your the right person for the course.

And yeah, me too. got 5 exams :/
Tom x
Reply 43
i've booked onto all the visit days now, dont think I'll be on the same one as anyone here though by the looks of things? 18th Feb (UEA), 2nd March (Reading) and 14th March (Leeds) :smile:
Reply 44
Just thought I'd get this thread going again by asking:

How did everyone find the January exams??
Reply 45
I'm a mature student (well...relatively mature at 23) and have an offer to study the BSc met and climate degree. Look forward to seeing those of you on my course in October if all goes well:smile:

To all those that are lucky enough to get an MMet offer, you'll love it. I'm doing an Access To He course so I don't meet the desired academic criteria to have the chance at interview, but I have experienced tornado chasing across the plains in the US and it's amazing. Based at Oklahoma Uni in your 3rd year you'll get to experience some incredible weather throughout the year (including a decent snow fall !).
(edited 12 years ago)
If anybody has any questions about the first year (and the second) of Geophysics and Meteorology at The University of Edinburgh I'm happy to have a go at answering them. :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by SeismicHazard
If anybody has any questions about the first year (and the second) of Geophysics and Meteorology at The University of Edinburgh I'm happy to have a go at answering them. :smile:

How long did it take for you to get an offer? I applied in November and have offers from all my other choices, bar Edinborough...
Thanks
Reply 48
Any idea when we will hear back from reading after being interviewed for the MMet course? :/
Reply 49
Any idea when we will hear back from reading after being interviewed for the MMet course? :/

Yeah, they said today that it won't be until about 2 weeks after the final interview day which means something like mid march :smile:
Original post by theBLOBlizard
How long did it take for you to get an offer? I applied in November and have offers from all my other choices, bar Edinborough...
Thanks

I got mine in February, applied in November too. The way they seem to do it is a bit strange, a friend of mine sent off his application to the course a couple of days after me and heard back a month before me. Wouldn't worry about it too much. :smile:
Reply 51
I got mine in February, applied in November too. The way they seem to do it is a bit strange, a friend of mine sent off his application to the course a couple of days after me and heard back a month before me. Wouldn't worry about it too much. :smile:

Ok thanks, hope it won't be too long then... :smile:
Original post by theBLOBlizard
Ok thanks, hope it won't be too long then... :smile:

They seem to be pretty slow this year, only people who seem to have heard back are the ones who have been rejected. A good sign for you perhaps. :smile:
Reply 53
They seem to be pretty slow this year, only people who seem to have heard back are the ones who have been rejected. A good sign for you perhaps. :smile:

Maybe, it's not gonna be my firm but I'd rather they get back to me fairly soon so I can start to weigh up my insurance options :P I'm eager to get on to the next stage :P
Reply 54
Mid march will be when we here :frown: no way! That is so long away, I just want an offer or rejection now! The interview was horrid and I just want to be put out my misery so I can decide what to do!
BRING ON A REJECTION!
Alice x
Reply 55
Hear*
As if I spelt that wrong, at this rate I'll be surprised if I get to uni :')
Reply 56
Hear*
As if I spelt that wrong, at this rate I'll be surprised if I get to uni :')

You'll still get an offer for the 3 year course. Chin up.:smile:
hey, was wondering if anyone has made any decisions with regards to their firm and insurance choices :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by samuellanky
hey, was wondering if anyone has made any decisions with regards to their firm and insurance choices :smile:

Hey Sam, na I haven't yet mate. I think we get until may to do it though. Going to make them wait and sweat it out after my awful reading interview :tongue:
Have you?
Reply 59
Original post by samuellanky

Hi,
I've firmed Leeds and insured Reading (these are the BSc courses)

have you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending