The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 35mm_
I have checked but there is nothing. There's a walk-in centre in Solihull but that's far away from where I live. I'm probably going to chicken out and not go to A&E. Don't paticularly care about the state of my wrist at the moment.

:console: You could also try ringing your GP surgery back, and see if there are any appointments you could get with whichever doctor is free. If you're lucky it could be a shorter wait than for seeing the nurse.

Thanks for the friend request by the way. :hugs:
Original post by Webberino
You're not being selfish, it's not your fault what you're going through. :console:

That's nice of him, but what he did before was competely inappropiate and not in away your fault, your feelings are perfectly justified. :hugs:
Good luck for Tuesday, know it must be really scary but hopefully it will be helpful. :hugs:

I think my main problem at the moment is just going with how I feel. Just because on one certain day I don't feel as bad doesn't make the worse feelings any less valid.

Thank you :hugs:

How have you been?
Although my meds says to take one every morning, would it really make a difference if I take it every afternoon, or evening? Tired of taking it in the mornings and I'm far more prone to forget :grumble: (talking about Citalopram btw) x
Original post by ViceVersa
Although my meds says to take one every morning, would it really make a difference if I take it every afternoon, or evening? Tired of taking it in the mornings and I'm far more prone to forget :grumble: (talking about Citalopram btw) x

makes no difference for me taking it in the evenings, though I can't say I have noticed any effects from taking it full stop :erm: idk, I would imagine so long as you take regularly it shouldn't matter too much what time of day, unless they make you sleepy or something anyway! hope you are well :smile:
erm, I've been meaning to post this for a while but i've been putting it off because i might sound a bit... weird(er). Does anybody else have an alter? Like a split off part of their psyche? Split personality? I've been struggling with this for a while and I don't know what it's called; haven't told my doctors or anything. When Anuok (my alter) takes over I act impulsively and I go out of control, and I feel like it's not me, but somebody else has taken control of my body :/

Am I making sense?
Original post by 35mm_
erm, I've been meaning to post this for a while but i've been putting it off because i might sound a bit... weird(er). Does anybody else have an alter? Like a split off part of their psyche? Split personality? I've been struggling with this for a while and I don't know what it's called; haven't told my doctors or anything. When Anuok (my alter) takes over I act impulsively and I go out of control, and I feel like it's not me, but somebody else has taken control of my body :/

Am I making sense?

Not exactly, but I can kinda relate if it's any constellation. Sometimes the voices can take control of my body and make me act impulsively (often dangerously). The only way I've learnt to deal with it is become completely catatonic until they go away.

Why haven't you brought it up with a doc before?
Today was a tough day :/ I hate it when all the customers are really rude to me at work for no reason :l
Original post by los lobos marinos
I hate those questionairres. They never seem to ask important questions like "do they listen to your needs and concerns with empathy, co-ordinating with your psychiatrist/cpn to ensure these problems are incorporated into the care plan"

Just seems like bull**** to satisfy their outcome monitoring system and the government so they can demonstrate how 'good' their performance is...

To be fair this one did actually ask me about care plans and if you are treated well and that, it was a quite good questionnaire to be fair with them. It is, you can see all the results online where parts of the service are rated out of 10, not really helpful, would rather they spent the time & money on improving services.
Reply 5108
Original post by angelbones
Went well! Made some food, watched a film, got ridiculously high and sat for 3 hours crying with laughter at rubbish jokes. Not feeling any attraction but it was a good evening.
Dunno why I was so nervous :h:

Good to hear you had fun! :smile: :hugs:
Gah I know I'm starting to get depressed again, my sleep is getting disturbed by waking up early, I just want to eat, finding it hard to concentrate :frown: I only managed to get 2 weeks of relatively normal (yet still all over the place) mood.

Spoiler

Original post by ViceVersa

I took Escitalopram at night (8pm) and I didn't get any negative effects from doing so. Best thing to do is check with your doctor, and be aware it might make some side effects more noticeable, but otherwise should be ok.

Original post by 35mm_
I have checked but there is nothing. There's a walk-in centre in Solihull but that's far away from where I live. I'm probably going to chicken out and not go to A&E. Don't paticularly care about the state of my wrist at the moment.

Can you ask to see the duty doctor? At both my GP surgeries I have been attached to, I have been able to see a doctor same-day if it is urgent, as long as I present before about 2pm. At another GP surgery I have seen, then they have a clinic where if you ring up at 8:30am, you can get an appointment that day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rmhumphries
Hmm, how late were you? A small hope, but before I submitted work about 30 minutes late due to something or the other, and didn't lose any marks because of it.

About an hour :frown: Couldn't get it to print to pdf and then couldn't ssh to my machine (they reset my account earlier in the day so I think it was still being buggy) and the library wifi was being stupid.

It's only 5% but when I'm scrambling for a 2.i it really matters :frown:
Everything is just getting worse :/
Right .... hi all! I have been following the society for a while now (in a completely none stalker way) but have been far too self conscious to actually join or write anything at all. But I am trying to get over all that. I have been suffering with severe anxiety and depression for a fair few years now, however it’s got really quite bad again more recently and being in my final year at university it is currently affecting my dissertation and everything quite badly. Meant to currently be on medication but ran out and don’t really want to go back to the Drs because I always feel like a right idiot. Also the Drs know my parents and I haven’t told them about any of it yet. So yes I just wanted to say hi because from what I have seen this forum seems a really nice and supportive place for everyone and I could really do with something like that.
Really fed up of people trying to persuade me not to quit uni or work. I might just send the emails now. I can't ****ing handle them right now. If I don't get rid of something, I'll end up doing 'something silly'
Reply 5115
Argh why do I always get really bored on weekends? None of my friends are available right now :sad:. I wish I was one of those popular people who are always around other people and always have loads of fun. They are the clever ones, as they always have something to talk about unlike me.
I think it might have been Facebook again :sadnod:
Original post by Aemiliana
Really fed up of people trying to persuade me not to quit uni or work. I might just send the emails now. I can't ****ing handle them right now. If I don't get rid of something, I'll end up doing 'something silly'

I don't know about work, but how about a compromise with uni? I spoke to my personal tutor and a couple of times she let me take a period of a few weeks off since I wasn't coping with uni, needed to try and concentrate on coursework etc. Obviously the longer you take off the more you have to catch up on, but when you consider that you're already thinking about dropping out or suspending your studies, do you really have that much to lose?

Sounds like you don't really want to think about it right now, but if you like then sometime I can list all the different concessions Manchester has given/offered me to make things easier for me - just quote me on here or PM me. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
I don't know about work, but how about a compromise with uni? I spoke to my personal tutor and a couple of times she let me take a period of a few weeks off since I wasn't coping with uni, needed to try and concentrate on coursework etc. Obviously the longer you take off the more you have to catch up on, but when you consider that you're already thinking about dropping out or suspending your studies, do you really have that much to lose?

Sounds like you don't really want to think about it right now, but if you like then sometime I can list all the different concessions Manchester has given/offered me to make things easier for me - just quote me on here or PM me. :smile:

I've already taken 2.5 weeks off due to this and then the side effects of the meds. And another week from being just generally ill and that's just this semester! If I didn't have this long essay to panic about, I'd be okay - I could catch up over Easter and all would be fine. But that won't work...

I'd actually be quite interested to know sort of what they do, because I'm going into this blind. The only thing that I do know is that my tutors have yet to send me nasty emails about rarely turning up.
Original post by avhhs
Argh why do I always get really bored on weekends? None of my friends are available right now :sad:. I wish I was one of those popular people who are always around other people and always have loads of fun. They are the clever ones, as they always have something to talk about unlike me.

:hugs: Facebook is evil! It always makes me feel worse too!
Reply 5119
Original post by chadders91
Right .... hi all! I have been following the society for a while now (in a completely none stalker way) but have been far too self conscious to actually join or write anything at all. But I am trying to get over all that. I have been suffering with severe anxiety and depression for a fair few years now, however it’s got really quite bad again more recently and being in my final year at university it is currently affecting my dissertation and everything quite badly. Meant to currently be on medication but ran out and don’t really want to go back to the Drs because I always feel like a right idiot. Also the Drs know my parents and I haven’t told them about any of it yet. So yes I just wanted to say hi because from what I have seen this forum seems a really nice and supportive place for everyone and I could really do with something like that.

Hi :smile: Welcome!

Sorry you're going through a crappy time :frown: Can you just get a repeat prescription form at your docs? That way you don't have to talk to anyone and they will review your medication then you can just pick up the prescription. Might be better than the withdrawal symptoms/a relapse.

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Everything is just getting worse :/

:hugs: Hey :smile: What's up? Wanna chat about anything? (you would be helping me procrastinate.... :colondollar:)

Original post by avhhs

I know it's really easy to look at other people and think that they are having awesome lives, (I do it too and facebook can be a git.) If you look at my profile you would think I was ay ok at the moment... People only publish the positive things - chances are pretty high that they have bad times too.

Anyway :hugs: I know I haven't said hi for a while, but I have been reading your posts and am really glad to see that you've had some 'good' days :smile:

I'm ok today. Motivation pretty low and I got 3 hours of broken up sleep. Gonna go and play with/feed hamster then get a pizza for me then do some work. yes.

Also.. serious tmi...

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Latest