UCL Academy

End thread thankss . :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
?? Must be someone ?
Reply 2
?????
I think most people on this site are a little too old to be applying to UCL academy, this is The Student Room not The Pupil Room after all.
Reply 4
What? It a new sixth form .....
Reply 5
Original post by Torpedo Fish
I think most people on this site are a little too old to be applying to UCL academy, this is The Student Room not The Pupil Room after all.

WHat you on about? It's a new school so just wondering of anyone from TSR applied..
Original post by Smko
WHat you on about? It's a new school so just wondering of anyone from TSR applied..

I know what it is. I'm simply informing you why nobody is responding to your post. Most people who use TSR are students i.e. over the age of 16 i.e. too old to be applying to a school. Capiche?
I sorry, just foound the forum, Torpedo Fish there is no need to be rude to a question, if you feel the need to make patronizing comment. DONT MAKE THEM. AND the most likely reason for no one responding to the forum is probably because it's a new sixth form and most people dont know about it. I applied for (haven't heard anything back yet) and when i asked people in my school whether they herd of it most of them said No. if i was offered a place to it i think i will go. all the schools i applied to have put me on reserve "come to inducton day and we'll see if there's any space available". my grades are pretty good mostly As and a couple of Bs.
Tell me if you hear anything back, and is it your first choice of what?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by coolheadjody
I (I'm) sorry, (I) just foound the forum,(.) Torpedo Fish there is no need to be rude (in response) to a question, (.) if (If) you feel the need to make patronizing comment(,) DON(')T MAKE THEM (IT). AND the most likely reason for no one responding to the forum is probably because it's a new sixth form and most people don(')t know about it. I applied for (haven't heard anything back yet) and when i (I) asked people in my school whether they (had) he(a)rd of it most of them said N(n)o. i(I)f i (I) was offered a place to it there i (I) think i (I) will (would) go. a(A)ll the schools i (I) applied to have put me on reserve "come to induct(i)on day and we'll see if there's any space available". m(M)y grades are pretty good(,) mostly As and a couple of Bs. Tell me if you hear anything back, and is it your first choice of(r) what?

I wasn't rude until the OP negged me for merely suggesting why there had been few responses to their post. Clearly people have heard of it, as applications have already outstripped available places by a ratio of 3:1 for entrance to the first year. It's just as well that this school will not be selective because based on your tenuous grasp of the English language I don't think you'd have stood much chance of being offered a place had it been. Speaking of "patronizing", I've taken the liberty of correcting your numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes (errors marked in red, corrections in brackets). You're most Welcome. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
I heard UCL academy students are banned from applying to Oxbridge.

And King's of course.
Reply 10
I wasn't rude until the OP negged me for merely suggesting why there had been few responses to their post. Clearly people have heard of it, as applications have already outstripped available places by a ratio of 3:1 for entrance to the first year. It's just as well that this school will not be selective because based on your tenuous grasp of the English language I don't think you'd have stood much chance of being offered a place had it been. Speaking of "patronizing", I've taken the liberty of correcting your numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes (errors marked in red, corrections in brackets). You're most Welcome. :wink:

How do you know the ratio 3:1? Seems like loads applied then :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by sexbo
I heard UCL academy students are banned from applying to Oxbridge.

And King's of course.

Really where did you get that from then?
Reply 12
I sorry, just foound the forum, Torpedo Fish there is no need to be rude to a question, if you feel the need to make patronizing comment. DONT MAKE THEM. AND the most likely reason for no one responding to the forum is probably because it's a new sixth form and most people dont know about it. I applied for (haven't heard anything back yet) and when i asked people in my school whether they herd of it most of them said No. if i was offered a place to it i think i will go. all the schools i applied to have put me on reserve "come to inducton day and we'll see if there's any space available". my grades are pretty good mostly As and a couple of Bs.
Tell me if you hear anything back, and is it your first choice of what?

Good to see someone has applied haha. Yeah it is my first choice if I get in , you will hear back in April according to their Webite! oh the wait is killing me! What subjects did you pick?
I applied due to parent pressure, then i withdrew..

Whats the point of going to UCL Academy's "sixth form" when:

1) not even built yet.
2) Doesn't have a reputation yet..(Apart from !Z0mG. 1tz UCL! ...Typical...)
3) We don't know how the teaching is like..
4) 1st year of any school will be like guinea pigs.
5) Compulsory to do an arts subject.. like wtf.
6) Very little to chose from
(edited 12 years ago)

grammar_nazi_RE_the_womans_role-s369x540-56390.jpg

:biggrin: Just had a weird urge to do that.
Reply 15
Original post by Smko
Really where did you get that from then?

it was a joke...

waht satifction dd yuo get fmrocorcting my "tenuous grasp of the English language". Yuo rally mst ave a vry SAD LIFE. Read that you pompous, arrogant, smart-ass!
Original post by Smko
Good to see someone has applied haha. Yeah it is my first choice if I get in , you will hear back in April according to their Webite! oh the wait is killing me! What subjects did you pick?

my subjects were History, Maths, Biology and Chemistry + the Chinese we'll have to take
Original post by DeathByBSOD
I applied due to parent pressure, then i withdrew..

Whats the point of going to UCL Academy's "sixth form" when:

1) not even built yet.
2) Doesn't have a reputation yet..(Apart from !Z0mG. 1tz UCL! ...Typical...)
3) We don't know how the teaching is like..
4) 1st year of any school will be like guinea pigs.
5) Compulsory to do an arts subject.. like wtf.
6) Very little to chose from

"Doesn't have a reputation yet.."

The reputation of a sixth form college is completely irrelevant to a university application. The only time it will ever factor in is if it is so unbelievably dire that it qualifies you for extraneous circumstances. After that, reputation falls by the wayside.

"Compulsory to do an arts subject.. like wtf".

In addition, a large number of universities (UCL included) state that a balanced choice of subjects is preferred. Even if that wasn't the case, it is beneficial to individual students to take a balance of subjects to further wider interests, otherwise you end up with a lot of scientists who can't write papers.

"Very little to chose from"

The UCL Academy will be geared towards getting students into the best universities. Time and time again these institutions have made it clear that a large number of 'fringe' subjects just won't make the cut as far as academic rigour is concerned. Outside of Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Languages, Classics, History, Geography and Art, what else do you really need in order to distinguish yourself in an application to any university for any subject?
waht satifction dd yuo get fmrocorcting my "tenuous grasp of the English language". Yuo rally mst ave a vry SAD LIFE. Read that you pompous, arrogant, smart-ass!

:giggle: Charming. Have you quite finished your petulant little tantrum? Good, then off you go to bed. :hello:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending