The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by onlyyouknowbest
Heeey, I was just wondering who else from London is going to the University of Sheffield this year? Just thought I'd create this thread...

'Ello fellow Londoner :smile:

Hopefully I will be heading to Sheffield this year to study Computer Science! What course are you planning to do?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by BSc.Pro.Logic
'Ello fellow Londoner :smile:

Hopefully I will be heading to Sheffield this year to study Computer Science! What course are you planning to do?

Heeeeeeeey :biggrin: how are you doing? I'm so glad that there is at least somebody from here going to Sheffield! I'm going to be studying Journalism (that is if I make the grades) hopefully I should! What are you studying at the moment, and whereabouts are you from? :smile:
Heeeeeeeey :biggrin: how are you doing? I'm so glad that there is at least somebody from here going to Sheffield! I'm going to be studying Journalism (that is if I make the grades) hopefully I should! What are you studying at the moment, and whereabouts are you from? :smile:

Not too bad thanks, considering it's the exam/revision season. Currently studying Maths, Chemistry and IT - done with IT so just revising for Maths and Chemistry now :smile: . And I'm from North London. You?
That's great :smile:! I'm almost about to die of this stress, but I guess I just need to stay motivated! I'm from West London :P so what are you looking forward to the most when uni starts?
That's great :smile:! I'm almost about to die of this stress, but I guess I just need to stay motivated! I'm from West London :P so what are you looking forward to the most when uni starts?

Aah no biggies. Stress is natural, just the way you react to it that matters. Mostly looking forward to the independence and meeting new people. How about you?
I'm mostly looking forward to my course, independence, the people, the culture and lifestyle there. I'm so nervous about the move though, it's going to be quite daunting...
Yeah same... I know it's probably silly but since I most likely won't be driving up there as I'll be taking the train, I'm worried about how I'll manage with all the stuff I have to take. :s-smilie:
Ahaha, I was in the same situation :P :P!!! Why don't you hire a mini bus for the day? Someone suggested this idea to me and I'm actually considering it...it's quite affordable too :smile: It's just kind of long to travel by train, and then to get a Cab to the accommodation! :P
Ahaha, I was in the same situation :P :P!!! Why don't you hire a mini bus for the day? Someone suggested this idea to me and I'm actually considering it...it's quite affordable too :smile: It's just kind of long to travel by train, and then to get a Cab to the accommodation! :P

Yeah that's a good idea actually! I might try do that then :biggrin:. If all fails I've heard good things about unibaggage.com so I have that on my 'note to self' list as well :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Hey guys,also from London! Proper excited for september! :biggrin: xx
Original post by RMW1994

Awesome :smile: What you planning to study?
Yeah that's a good idea actually! I might try do that then :biggrin:. If all fails I've heard good things about unibaggage.com so I have that on my 'note to self' list as well :smile:

Ahahaha, great site, I might use this as well *bookmarked* :P
Original post by RMW1994

Heeyyaaa!!! How are you doing &where abouts are you from. I'm nervously excited for Sept! Just can't wait to get out of London :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Awesome :smile: What you planning to study?

Sociology :smile: what about you?x

Heeyyaaa!!! How are you doing &where abouts are you from. I'm nervously excited for Sept! Just can't wait to get out of London :P

Heeey! I'm good thanks yourself? And i'm from south west london like wimbledon area! Same,cant wait to leave,gonna be soo good!x
Original post by RMW1994

Heeey! I'm good thanks yourself? And i'm from south west london like wimbledon area! Same,cant wait to leave,gonna be soo good!x

Yeepp; it's gonna be greattt!!!! :P
Original post by RMW1994

I'll be doing Computer Science :smile: , can't wait till I sit down in the lecture hall for the first time, should be cool...although the euphoria may fade slightly after a few months. Even then I still can't wait because it's about the whole experience and it should be really fun :ahee:
Reply 17
I'll be doing Computer Science :smile: , can't wait till I sit down in the lecture hall for the first time, should be cool...although the euphoria may fade slightly after a few months. Even then I still can't wait because it's about the whole experience and it should be really fun :ahee:

Yeah should be goood! what grades do you need and whats your insurance choice?x
Original post by RMW1994
Yeah should be goood! what grades do you need and whats your insurance choice?x

Need to get AAB for my course, hopefully I will get it :colondollar:

I have Reading as my insurance choice which asks for BBB/ABC.

:smile: You?
You have to say where in London you're from (i.e. what borough, as the minimum).

Latest

Trending

Trending