The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just to echo the others, really, and to reiterate the discretion of those moderators in these jurisdictions. Anecdotally: on occasions where users post anonymously in my own remit, unless the content is suspicious there's rarely even a cursory glance at the corner of the post-bit on my part.

There is no reason to see the fact that anonymity is granted to all but certain moderators as an issue, given the sensitivity of those involved and not least the obvious reasons concerning forum management.
Reply 21
Danny_777
You should at least put the disclaimer "Your username will still be visible to moderators and admin" next to the "Post as anonymous" checkbox.

burningnun
This idea seems perfectly reasonable.

jerdboy
I think just adding a small disclaimer would be a fairly easy solution to all parties problems.
I take it you boys have never bothered reading the H&R rules, then? From here:

Anonymous posting guidelines

There are various forums on The Student Room that permit users to post anonymously. These are in cases where discussion may be of a sensitive nature and by posting anonymously users are able to discuss these sensitive subjects freely without embarrassment.

Anonymous posting is a valued feature of the site. In order for it to work moderators need your help in reporting any abuse of the function. Please use the ‘post report’ feature if you feel someone is posting offensive or inappropriate messages, or if you feel a post doesn’t need to be anonymous.

It should be noted that the moderator team are able to see the usernames of anonymous posters. Moderators will remove and warn posts if they feel the function has been used inappropriately.

If you use anon responsibly and in line with the guidelines below your posts will not be removed

Moderators will no long de-anon posts but if the function is being used inappropriately you will be warned.

If you feel you have a valid reason for using the anon function that might not be obvious, please do attempt to make it clear in your post.
Ergo, we DO have a notice that says we can see anon posters. Just because it doesn't appear on every page in the H&R forum isn't our fault - it is your prerogative to read and follow the rules.

As this question was just asked in here a day or two ago, I'm closing this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending