The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Alex and Terry are poor?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's great.
Reply 61
They arent poor but they're pretty slow considering how strong but fast some of our players are. Terry wont be knocking a player like Tevez around like a rag doll.
Reply 62
By far the weakest point in your team.
Reply 63
Jeppasloth
By far the weakest point in your team.

Really? They are always great for us. If someone asked me what position we need a player in to improve our first 11, it certainly wouldn't be CB.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 64
Jepp, Chelsea have a great defence, dont be fooled. Terry as much as I hate the pleb is awesome and Alex is impressive. Chelsea have pretty much the perfect team. Great defence, brilliant players in every position, and imo the best striker to have played in the PL since Shearer in Drogba.

Chelsea this season have been doing what champions should be doing, destroying everything in sight. I'm confident we can match them, but it'll take a bit to beat them.
Pathetic comments by Mancini saying Chelsea will easily/comfortably win the league title.

Mancini shouldn't be saying this but it doesn't surprise me that he is. His own team should be genuine title challengers but he's saying all this to lower the expectations around his own club and make his life that little bit easier. And kissing Chelsea's arse like this right before his club play them. What next? Going to pull your shorts down and bend over for Chelsea?

What a bottler. Given how much City have spent on players, City should be challenging for the title and the title should not be easily won by any of City's fellow title challengers.

Disgraceful mentality. The mentality of a bottler. Guess that's why he's manager at Man City?
I really hope City try and go for Chelsea today, especially at home.

Chelsea can be got at for sure by any decent attack. We've beaten them the last few times at home in the league, as we have tried to attack and press them from the first minute. At WHL they haven't been able to hold down Modric who can drift around in space and pop the ball around. Silva could maybe do the same thing for City today if Mancini gives him a bit of license. City shouldn't let Chelsea's defense settle into a rhythm.

Mancini's comments about Chelsea seem very strange, as they love it when teams give them respect on the pitch, but there must be some form of attempted gamesmanship there (at least I hope so). I think Mancini is shrewd and I reckon he fancies a win today.

I say a 2-1 home win
(edited 13 years ago)
Is Richards fit? :holmes:
Reply 68
white_haired_wizard
Pathetic comments by Mancini saying Chelsea will easily/comfortably win the league title.

Probably mind games to try and make us complacent?
Reply 69
Kilnsnnamci
I really hope City try and go for Chelsea today, especially at home.

I think if someone tries to exploit space we leave down the wing it's their best route to goal, ie Bale last year at WHL and Bellamy at SB.

Will be interesting to see how we change, if at all our game plan in recent weeks for this one or tone the attacking down.
Should be a good game, I'm not expecting us to win though.
cfc1992
I think if someone tries to exploit space we leave down the wing it's their best route to goal, ie Bale last year at WHL and Bellamy at SB.

Will be interesting to see how we change, if at all our game plan in recent weeks for this one or tone the attacking down.

Indeed, will be an interesting tactical contest. I don't think Ancelotti will change much in the way of philosophy or system, as the players are experienced enough to adapt to the situation themselves.

Yeah wide areas can be a good route against you guys, but you need at least one player in the middle who can find space to thread the passes into the wide men, which isn't always easy as Chelsea are very solid in the centre. Do City have this capability? Toure is excellent, but I think his focus will be to stop Chelsea breaking from midfield, so I think Silva might have to be the main playmaker. He's capable. That's how I'd play it, anyway:

Barry Toure
Silva
Milner ---------- Johnson
Tevez

I'd stick Milner on the right to start with and change it later if required.
Reply 72
Boyata is starting, we must win now ffs.
cfc1992
Probably mind games to try and make us complacent?

Complacency creeping in when playing a fellow title contender? I doubt it very much.
Reply 74
Toure and co. (geddit :teeth:) have been superb.
Adebayor :laugh:

well played guys
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 76
Well played, doesn't change much in the larger scheme for City as they won't challenge for the title but hopefully it will hurt Chelsea mentally and teams will not see them as invincible giants any more.
thank you ladies xoxoxoxoxxooxxo
Impressive defensive display
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 79
Similar to Inter Milan at SB last season.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest