The Student Room Group

Thread for me!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
By the look of the blog forum, if I want posts, instead of doing exercise I should either be tinks, or a girl trying to gain weight.
Went docs the other day, he said avoid running for a week or two. Went to hockey today, didn't run, feet didn't feel too bad, so I think I am now basically fine, hoorah!
Reply 401
Went cycling today. Really felt it in my hamstrings going uphill. May have to start doing some sprint cycling or the like regularly.
Also did:
5*8(+8kg) dips
5*2 pullups(+16kg), 5*3(+8kg), 5*5(BW)
5*10 BW squats(fast)
Reply 402
Very gentle 2 hours of squash. Also 2*10 pullups, 10 pressups.
Reply 403
Had hockey on thursday, calves were feeling it the next day bizarrely!
Today did 3*15 dips, and 100curls with 8kg dumbell per arm(say commandant mention a similar thing with just a 20kg bar, and I had the dumbells so thought I'd try it...pretty much did it in sets of 5/10 by the end, but still kept hold in the moment or two's rest).
Reply 404
6*football pitch sprints, walk back the length of the pitch for rest.
Felt like I was gonna spew after 5/6..
Reply 405
20 dips, 10 pullups, 15 dips, 10 pullups, 10 dips, 10 pullups, 5 dips, 3 pullups.
May go for a short run later.
Reply 406
8*100m sprints at the track(rest of walking back)
Reply 407
5*(10 dips, 5 pullups) at BW+8kg
50 curls@8kg
10*slow press@8kg
Just a bit of a mess around with my dumbells at the end there.
Reply 408
20 dips, 10 pullups, 15 dips, 10 pullups, 15 dips, 10 pullups, 15 dips, 8 pullups
Some curls, presses, squat press things.
Original post by Slumpy
Going back to uni tomorrow, figured I should keep a log somewhere I go frequently.
Basically, I'm keen on getting fitter, and hopefully a little bit stronger.
Will have 4-5 hours of badminton a week, and a hockey match most weeks(once the astros thaw). On top of this I'm thinking of running SS, and then doing cardio when I have time otherwise. Thinking running, erging and swimming are gonna be my main cardio, although I have around 6-7 miles of cycling every day for lectures(more on days with badminton).

Haven't really strength trained in the past properly, did SS for a little last term till work got too much, so these are gonna be a bit high:
Deadlift-140kg*5, 150kg*1
Squats-85-90kg*3*5
OHP-40kg*3*5
Bench-60kg*3*5
Rows-60kg*3*5

Pullups-max at the mo seems to be 8.

Current bodyweight~91-92kg, 5'10-11

Not too worried about stats, basic goal is just to feel fitter, maybe look a bit better, and hopefully get a bit stronger/faster.

I know it looks like I've got a lot planned here, but I'll probably drop bits as time goes on.
Anyway, here's this for a log.

How far have you progressed in the last 2+ years? :holmes:
Reply 410
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
How far have you progressed in the last 2+ years? :holmes:

Sod all really. That said, I'm probably stronger and fitter than then, and the best lifts I've had are a fair bit better than then, but I don't know what right now would be like.
Reply 411
A few hillsprints. Quads slightly tight, probably was a good move to get moving a bit, though damn the air was cold in my throat tonight!
Reply 412
2 laps, 9:05, 9:42.
Reply 413
Hockey match. Was feeling a bit unfit at times, but didn't seem too bad overall. We won, but I was terrible. Ah well.
Reply 414
15*sprints across a football pitch, rest on the walk back
Not so hard, think I need shorter rests for proper sprint stuff.
Reply 415
Was gonna try for 100 burpees for time, but got to 20(in about 1:40), and a couple later felt something bizarre in my left thigh, so gonna leave it for now. Might try again later in a bit.
Reply 416
Hockey match on Sat. Scored 4. Aren't I just fabulous?
Not too much exercise recently though, sorting out moving a bit.
Reply 417
The blues captain trains in the Jesus gym btw.

He quarter squats 100kg with the pad :frown:
Reply 418
Original post by Mdawg
The blues captain trains in the Jesus gym btw.

He quarter squats 100kg with the pad :frown:

Hey, that pad is heavy:p:
Reply 419
Wed-cycled 3-4 miles uphill, did hockey training, cycled back.
Saturday-4-5 miles cycle uphill, hockey match, cycle back.
Today, I went for a free session at a gym(turned out to basically be a health club, but hey, better than nothing):

10 mins or so on the treadmill, increasing speed every half minute. Got up to 17 of km/h(I assume km/h, obviously not mph but could be something else). Some leg press stuff, DB OHP(18kg*3*5), DB Bench(22kg*3*5), some lateral raises, a few lunges(very few at like, 38kg DBs), curls(8kg*10,10kg*10,12kg*10), some foam rolling, and some light DB movements. Think that was about it.

Quick Reply

Latest