The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Amazon don't let me down!

Hurry up Friday!
Original post by Jace Falco
I'd advise cancelling it now before they charge you, and switching to Tesco or Zavvi.

Why do you say that? It's more expensive than Adsa at both Zavvi and Tesco.

In any case, bring on Friday :biggrin:
Original post by cakefish
Amazon don't let me down!

Hurry up Friday!

I'm also hoping Amazon doesn't let me down. They usually don't.

I paid for One-day delivery (so I'm really hoping it arrives on release day), I'm hoping it'll be delivered on time, although I know Royal Mail can be terrible sometimes.

Fingers crossed.

Yes I'll probably have people telling me that paying extra for a speedy delivery is pointless, but who knows, they might deliver it on time or maybe not. Just a risk I have to take.
Reply 883
hoping amazon won't let me down

but I've paid for first class release day delivery before, and got nothing on the day

still, fingers crossed
Original post by Scubar
hoping amazon won't let me down

but I've paid for first class release day delivery before, and got nothing on the day

still, fingers crossed

Usually first class takes up to two business days.

When I pre-ordered ME3 with amazon it says if I want it on release day I need to select first class. I checked again today, and now it's saying if I want to game on release day then I need to select day-one delivery (next business day). So I changed it to that. (A bit more expensive than first-class)

If it doesn't arrive on Friday then I think I will just stick to Free super-saver deliveries for my future orders.
Original post by Illusionary
Why do you say that? It's more expensive than Adsa at both Zavvi and Tesco.

It's cheaper at both...
Reply 886
Blasphemous of the 'society' leader to say this but i don't think i'll be picking it up for a while.

Don't have the money, don't really have the time and im sort of just meh towards it at the minute which is really kinda sad given how much i loved 1 and 2.
Original post by Jace Falco
It's cheaper at both...

Cheaper than £31 on consoles (after a code) at Asda? It looks like it's £38 (give or take a few pence) at both Tesco and Zavvi to me.
Reply 888
Original post by cambo211
Blasphemous of the 'society' leader to say this but i don't think i'll be picking it up for a while.

Don't have the money, don't really have the time and im sort of just meh towards it at the minute which is really kinda sad given how much i loved 1 and 2.

booooooooo
Reply 889
Boo Hiss Boo.
Original post by Illusionary
Cheaper than £31 on consoles (after a code) at Asda? It looks like it's £38 (give or take a few pence) at both Tesco and Zavvi to me.

Oh, I was assuming it was £31 on PC after shipping.
Reply 891
Original post by cambo211

The game is good. Particularly if you're importing characters from 1/2. It's amazing seeing it all tie together and seeing those decisions have their overall impact.
Does anyone know if Amazon are dispatching ME3 tomorrow?

I hope they don't leave it until release day to start disptaching them...
Original post by o Rebecca o
Does anyone know if Amazon are dispatching ME3 tomorrow?

I hope they don't leave it until release day to start disptaching them...

Can't imagine they'd do that if you chose the release day delivery option.

Got my dispatch email from ShopTo this morning. :biggrin: It'll get here tomorrow with any luck.
Original post by AugustWestie
Can't imagine they'd do that if you chose the release day delivery option.

Got my dispatch email from ShopTo this morning. :biggrin: It'll get here tomorrow with any luck.

I heard shopto are very good.

I was going to pre-order with them but I'm not very familiar with their site. So I stuck with Amazon for ME3.

Are they allowed to deliver games to customers before release date? I know Amazon can't.

I was going to pre-order with them but I'm not very familiar with their site. So I stuck with Amazon for ME3.

Are they allowed to deliver games to customers before release date? I know Amazon can't.

This is the notice they have on their site regarding the release of ME3:

Due to the release date agreement all retailers have in place with EA we will be dispatching this title on Wednesday 7th March.

I'm guessing that's due to the fact that once an order is in the hands of the Royal Mail they have no control over when it will be delivered. Thankfully for a lot of people, First Class deliveries tend to arrive next day rather than the day after.

Assuming Amazon are under the same agreement, there's no reason why they couldn't ship theirs today rather than tomorrow. I suppose that's why ShopTo are better than Amazon. :tongue:

When I preordered Fallout: New Vegas, it arrived the day before release, but could only be activated online at midnight. I'm guessing there may be a similar arrangement with ME3.
Original post by AugustWestie
This is the notice they have on their site regarding the release of ME3:

I'm guessing that's due to the fact that once an order is in the hands of the Royal Mail they have no control over when it will be delivered. Thankfully for a lot of people, First Class deliveries tend to arrive next day rather than the day after.

Assuming Amazon are under the same agreement, there's no reason why they couldn't ship theirs today rather than tomorrow. I suppose that's why ShopTo are better than Amazon. :tongue:

Nice, maybe I'll use ShopTo next time.

Would be nice to get ME3 tomorrow but I'm out anyway and wouldn't have time to play it.

Friday is ideal as I have no plans for that day...and what would be better than filling that day with ME3? :biggrin:
My copy of ME3 from Amazon is stuck on dispatching soon, which could mean it may be sent out today but I won't hold my breath. I would probably say best bet tomorrow. Signed up for first class delivery so I'll hopefully get it on the day.

Was hoping it would be like when I got Zelda: Skyward Sword the day before it's release from Amazon but I think it'll be different for ME3 since EA seem rather strict about early releases.
Original post by Gryffprefect
My copy of ME3 from Amazon is stuck on dispatching soon, which could mean it may be sent out today but I won't hold my breath. I would probably say best bet tomorrow. Signed up for first class delivery so I'll hopefully get it on the day.

Was hoping it would be like when I got Zelda: Skyward Sword the day before it's release from Amazon but I think it'll be different for ME3 since EA seem rather strict about early releases.

Weird, mine still says "not yet disptached" instead of "disptaching soon".

Does it matter? I pre-ordered mine on 29th Feb.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest