The Student Room Group

Intermediate Mathematical Olympiad and Kangaroo (IMOK) 2012 March 15th

Discuss :wink:
Which paper are you doing? Preparation tips etc. would be appreciated.

I'm doing Maclaurin, and definitely looking forward to the challenge!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do you know so quickly?
Reply 2
Original post by PoziHQ
How do you know so quickly?

E-mail from school. :cool:
Reply 3
Not this year for me. I got silver. I'm still happy though- it's my first time doing the IMO. Fortunately, our school prepares us via telling us four days before the challenge that we have one.
Reply 4
how did everyone find the Hamilton Maths olympiad? (the year 10 olympiad)?
Reply 5
Original post by anon17.
how did everyone find the Hamilton Maths olympiad? (the year 10 olympiad)?

I did 2 questions :biggrin:
Reply 6
Human156, which questions did you do?

Anyone else who took the Hamilton Year10 intermediate maths olympiad, feel free to pm me regarding the questions to compare answers :smile:
Reply 7
I did Hamilton as well. I got the last question wrong but i think i've got the right answers (I checked with someone) for the first five questions although i guess i will lose some marks for non-complete steps. Can anyone tell me the boundaries of getting distinction/medal/bookmark for hamilton in the previous years?

thanks
Reply 8
I would also be interested in knowing the boundaries for distinction/medal and book prize for the Hamilton in the previous years
Reply 9
I did the Maclaurin, did two questions fairly well (I hope) and three very sketchily, anyone else do it?
I did the Hamilton, anybody know the solution for number 4?
Reply 11
Original post by ronaldweasley9

Is that 8:9? I'm not sure is that question or not
I did the pink kangaroo today, did anyone else?

Does anyone have the full list of answers? I think that I got 22 or 23 correct. What have the boundaries been in past years for the different certificates? I got 76 last year and that was a certificate of Merit.
Reply 13
Original post by ronaldweasley9

Hey which questions did you do? And what answers did you get?
Reply 14
Cozma, which questions did you do and what did you get for them?
Reply 15
I don't think we should discuss questions until the UKMT post the paper and official solutions tomorrow morning as people can still do the paper until midnight and there may be some in different timezones. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by 07olko
I did the Maclaurin, did two questions fairly well (I hope) and three very sketchily, anyone else do it?

i did all except 5 fairly well (hopefully again) and 5 sketchily. that one was quite tricky i reckon?
Reply 17
does anyone know when the solutions will be posted online by the UKMT?
Reply 18
Original post by yair
i did all except 5 fairly well (hopefully again) and 5 sketchily. that one was quite tricky i reckon?

I did 1-4, did most of 5 but then ran out of time, and did 6 sketchily.
Reply 19
Hello, can some mail me his/her paper? (or you had to reuturn them?) It will be highly appreciated if someone do me this favour! Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply