The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm liking the new kits a lot, even though none of them have changed that much. What they've clearly decided to do (besides the Seahawks one) is make them a lot more minimalist and therefore more modern. Liking them though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Seahawks one is out there a bit; I like the fact that the Broncos are back in Orange...
Reply 3903
Can't decide whether or not I like the new Hawks jersey.
I think it's the neon trim around the numbers that's putting me off. From a distance it looks awesome, but close up eugh
I quite like Seattle's one actually. But yeah, as has been said, no massive changes there.
Sadly i dont think i will ever be able to play American Football because of my size. Restricted pretty badly due to it, same thing in basketball never had that growth spurt. If i could i would want to play as a running back or Cornerback. Me being 5 ft 6/7 would just not end well.
lol wut isn't Ray Rice like 5'6?
Original post by The Troll Toll
lol wut isn't Ray Rice like 5'6?

Yup something like that. Same with Maurice Jones Drew. Those guys are like fast little squares though, as broad as they are tall.
We have a similar shaped back, only whiter than those guys :frown:

He's still pretty good though.
Original post by johnharris19944
Sadly i dont think i will ever be able to play American Football because of my size. Restricted pretty badly due to it, same thing in basketball never had that growth spurt. If i could i would want to play as a running back or Cornerback. Me being 5 ft 6/7 would just not end well.

Nah man listen to the other posters!

Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Maurice Jones Drew - all top quality professional running-backs who are around the 5'6 - 5'8 mark, so for an amateur playing in England it won't be a problem. Heck, even Bob Sanders who is 5'8 was a stand out safety for the Colts (and would be a perennial pro-bowler if it was for injuries).

Don't let it hold you back dude. In my experience, the small running-backs are the harder they are to catch! Even if they use you in a situational, or rotational role, your size could definitely be used to your and your teams advantage!
Personally, I wouldn't really compare him to Darren Sproles or MJD. The former weighs 190 lbs at 5'6'' and MJD 210 lbs at 5'7''. :tongue:
But since it's not NFL, you should give it a go. As long as you're relatively fast and don't fumble the ball, you should see some action. Unfortunately, some coaches prefer to start bigger players, even if they're crap or don't show up for practice. My friend who's 5'8'' and about 130-140 lbs was put on RB but only saw a few plays in 4 games or so.
(edited 11 years ago)
Maurice Jones Drew is a freak. He's a metaphorical cannon ball. He's Jacksonville's guy not just because they have nobody else!
Yeah in the UK generally the guys who don't fit anywhere else, play at DB/cornerback tbh. At RB you might struggle to see playing time unless you're very fast, then you should get a few rotations.
Original post by RabbitCFH
Personally, I wouldn't really compare him to Darren Sproles or MJD. The former weighs 190 lbs at 5'6'' and MJD 210 lbs at 5'7''. :tongue:
But since it's not NFL, you should give it a go. As long as you're relatively fast and don't fumble the ball, you should see some action. Unfortunately, some coaches prefer to start bigger players, even if they're crap or don't show up for practice. My friend who's 5'8'' and about 130-140 lbs was put on RB but only saw a few plays in 4 games or so.

It would take like a year at most in the gym to get a 5'6 guy up to starting size in UK leagues I reckon. And tbh no matter how big you are you won't start at RB for at least a year anyway because every team already has a decent back and it is probably one of the harder positions to pick up.

Of course this is UK american football so things like "going to the gym" are not a given, but a 5'6 guy can be a starting running back if he actually wants to be.
Original post by The Patriot
Nah man listen to the other posters!

Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Maurice Jones Drew - all top quality professional running-backs who are around the 5'6 - 5'8 mark, so for an amateur playing in England it won't be a problem. Heck, even Bob Sanders who is 5'8 was a stand out safety for the Colts (and would be a perennial pro-bowler if it was for injuries).

Don't let it hold you back dude. In my experience, the small running-backs are the harder they are to catch! Even if they use you in a situational, or rotational role, your size could definitely be used to your and your teams advantage!

I do sprinting but im just worried because of my lack of height well i wont be looked at, Can do the 100m in 11.36 not sure how fast over 40 yards though.
Original post by The Troll Toll
It would take like a year at most in the gym to get a 5'6 guy up to starting size in UK leagues I reckon. And tbh no matter how big you are you won't start at RB for at least a year anyway because every team already has a decent back and it is probably one of the harder positions to pick up.

Of course this is UK american football so things like "going to the gym" are not a given, but a 5'6 guy can be a starting running back if he actually wants to be.

Yeah i measured and im 5'7 so pretty small :frown: Wouldnt mind playing cornerback because i think im fast enough to keep up with most.
NFL draft only 2 weeks away!

Hopefully the Pats actually bite the bullet and grab some defensive talent this time around.

Any one with a clear cut hope/desire come draft day for their team?
Original post by The Patriot
NFL draft only 2 weeks away!

Hopefully the Pats actually bite the bullet and grab some defensive talent this time around.

Any one with a clear cut hope/desire come draft day for their team?

I really want Pats to draft Janoris Jenkins im kinda iffy on whether he will be there still when on the board, hes top 10-15 if not for the personal issues.

Want Michael Brockers but thats a stretch even if his poor combine showing was bad i think he will def be gone by then.

Dre Kirkpatrick or Courtney upshaw would be fine as well.

Not sold on Mark Barron dunno how well he would do in the NFL

Like Whitney Mercelius

and i really want Pats to draft Juron Criner in the 2nd round with one of their picks i think the guy could be a stud.
I hope that the Steelers get a starting nose tackle so that we can jettison Casey Hampton... I'd also like to see us pick up some more linemen of both types and maybe a running back.
I'd love the Rams to get Blackmon at number 6 (of course) although I'd be happy with Claiborne if Blackmon's been taken. Also love to get Shea McLelin but doubt he'll be there at number 34 - his draft stock has been rising in the past week or so. If not, I like Harrison Smith the safety, he'd be a great addition.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest