The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OSharp
Hmm now you mention it i think mine was 2 or 3 days after it was dated.

Can't believe how excited I am for this bleedin' confirmation pack..!
I suppose I haven't got exams to be stressed about like most who have gone quiet on here :colondollar:
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
I suppose I haven't got exams to be stressed about like most who have gone quiet on here :colondollar:

Know the feeling ehehehe
Reply 1462

haha same here, without exams, life is soo much sweeeeter
Original post by PeaceFreak
Know the feeling ehehehe

Original post by airdoc
haha same here, without exams, life is soo much sweeeeter

So what have you guys got planned for the rest of your gap year..?

I'm going to Vietnam in 3 weeks, just got back from diving in Tenerife. Then i may go inter railing again if i can be bothered :tongue: Also going to a couple of festivals. Yourself?
Reply 1465
Post come in yet for anyone who's firmed?
Reply 1466
if it doesn't come today, it will be at least Tuesday, probably later because of the holiday backlog.

:frown:

EDIT:

Looks like some letters came out today. although i just phoned home and the Postie hasn't visited my house yet. Fingers Crossed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1467

I'm at Warwick in first year doing biochemistry, will finish next term then work and travel :biggrin: (and a bit of travelling during term haha)
Exeter for myself! :smile:
Reply 1469
Got the letter.

Allocated Exeter :smile:
Anyone know what they are doing about accommodation? I am looking at Rowancroft Mews :smile:
Reply 1471
Exeter!! :biggrin:
Reply 1472
Original post by AndrewWong92
Anyone know what they are doing about accommodation? I am looking at Rowancroft Mews :smile:

I'm going for whatever is cheapest haha
Reply 1473
Original post by masterhr1
Argh got Plymouth lol. WHAT HAPPENS IF THERES A TSUNAMI??

Surfs up?
Reply 1474
Damn you royal mail! :angry:
Original post by masterhr1
Argh got Plymouth lol. WHAT HAPPENS IF THERES A TSUNAMI??

The good times roll. And lets face it, if there is tsunami its bye-bye UK. Never mind the south west.

Plus you got the better deal because year 3-4 or year 5 is far better in Exeter than Year 1 &2.
Reply 1476
Original post by carcinoma
The good times roll. And lets face it, if there is tsunami its bye-bye UK. Never mind the south west.

Plus you got the better deal because year 3-4 or year 5 is far better in Exeter than Year 1 &2.

Care to elaborate on what you mean by year 3-4 or 5 being better than year 1 and 2? :holmes:
Reply 1477
Original post by carcinoma

so are you in the opposite place...

Does that mean if your in Exeter you do the Clinical years in Plymouth because if so thats pretty cool
I got Exeter :biggrin:
Although I wasn't particularly fussed where I'd be allocated :P
It's all so real now though :daydreaming:
Original post by Tobia_s
Care to elaborate on what you mean by year 3-4 or 5 being better than year 1 and 2? :holmes:

Original post by OSharp
so are you in the opposite place...

Does that mean if your in Exeter you do the Clinical years in Plymouth because if so thats pretty cool

By the time I finish I would have spent some time in every locality, and been based at 4/5 of the localities.

These are the possible rotations:

For those who start in Exeter
Exeter > Plymouth > Truro
Exeter > Truro > Plymouth
Exeter > Plymouth > Exeter

For those who start in Plymouth
Plymouth> Exeter > Plymouth
Plymouth> Exeter > Torbay
Plymouth > Truro > Exeter

Students who were based in Exeter who then repeated Year 2 in Plymouth, have expressed that the Clinical Skills staff and LSRC in Plymouth have a slight edge on Exeter. (Although let me stress that this has no impact on learning or outcomes, its just an observation)

I only really say that Exeter would be better for year 3-4/5 because the Hospital is far nearer to the city centre/campus and the hospital is slightly smaller giving you the opportunity to make the most of a Medium sized teaching hospital.

But Derriford is the South Wests Major trauma centre, has all the Tertiary sub-specialties like neurosurgery, and is the one of the largest hospitals in the country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending