The Student Room Group

C-Pop, K-Pop, and J-Pop lovers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by okonomiyaki
I find it hard to believe that I only found this thread now! :biggrin:
I first began learning Japanese after listening to so much J-pop that I was picking up words, and I'm considering starting Korean study in the summer for the same reason 8D

J-pop favourites: Kanjani8, Arashi (shameless fangirl here!), Momoiro Clover, Hello! Project, OK ONE ROCK (not really pop but still awesome), MiChi (who lived in Birmingham!).

With K-pop, I find it hard to understand or get in the team mentality fanclubs seem to have D: So I just like certain songs (there are a lot of awesome ones) and not really certain groups.

Recently, I really love Volume Up by 4Minute and History by EXO 8D

Hello fellow H!P fan! Who's your favourite member/group?
Original post by .gina
Hello fellow H!P fan! Who's your favourite member/group?

Gah, I can't decide! At the moment it's Morning Musume, but recently I love Be Genki! Naseba Naru by Berryz. I like a lot of the older H!P stuff as well, like Petitmoni and Melon Kinenbi. :biggrin:
Oh my goodness, I never knew there was a thread about this! *subscribes*

I love J-Pop and K-Pop but I haven't really gotten into C-Pop yet. Can anyone recommend something for me to get started with? :biggrin:
Original post by Maths_Lover
Oh my goodness, I never knew there was a thread about this! *subscribes*

I love J-Pop and K-Pop but I haven't really gotten into C-Pop yet. Can anyone recommend something for me to get started with? :biggrin:

I second this :cool:
I second this :cool:

I am loving your username - it reminds me of Ranma 1/2. :biggrin:
Reply 1205
[video="youtube;IJgp-0zGcT8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJgp-0zGcT8&list=LL6k7RkswMjgpae0hGMCNqoA&feature=mh_lolz[/video]

Not pop, but it gave me a feel ;'(
Reply 1206
Original post by Zuki
[video="youtube;IJgp-0zGcT8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJgp-0zGcT8&list=LL6k7RkswMjgpae0hGMCNqoA&feature=mh_lolz[/video]

Not pop, but it gave me a feel ;'(

I've been wanting to watch Koizora for ages - one day I will get round to it!
Original post by Maths_Lover
I am loving your username - it reminds me of Ranma 1/2. :biggrin:

I'm not too much of a Manga/Anime person anymore, but thanks! :rolleyes:

I'd love to go to Japan one day and try some Hiroshima Okonomiyaki *__*
Reply 1208
Gah, I can't decide! At the moment it's Morning Musume, but recently I love Be Genki! Naseba Naru by Berryz. I like a lot of the older H!P stuff as well, like Petitmoni and Melon Kinenbi. :biggrin:

Ironically about a year and a half ago I used to love Morning Musume and Berryz, but I think they have both gone downhill recently. I prefer C-ute and Mano Erina :smile: before she graduated, my favourite member was JunJun. I actually met her (along with Aichan, Gaki, Eri, Sayu, Reina, Aika and LinLin) in Paris :love: and it was amazing :biggrin: I'd probably say my favourite member was ManoEri now though :smile:
Reply 1209
Original post by Paramore<3
I've been wanting to watch Koizora for ages - one day I will get round to it!

Make sure you do! :smile:
Original post by .gina
I actually met her (along with Aichan, Gaki, Eri, Sayu, Reina, Aika and LinLin) in Paris :love: and it was amazing :biggrin: I'd probably say my favourite member was ManoEri now though :smile:

OH MY GOD
I AM SO, SO JELLY
I used to love Linlin 3:

Edit- I've been in a couple of Hello!Project groupdubs as well...:colondollar: Please can I show you?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm not too much of a Manga/Anime person anymore, but thanks! :rolleyes:

I'd love to go to Japan one day and try some Hiroshima Okonomiyaki *__*

You are welcome! :smile:

As would I... :sogood:
I find it hard to believe that I only found this thread now! :biggrin:
I first began learning Japanese after listening to so much J-pop that I was picking up words, and I'm considering starting Korean study in the summer for the same reason 8D

J-pop favourites: Kanjani8, Arashi (shameless fangirl here!), Momoiro Clover, Hello! Project, OK ONE ROCK (not really pop but still awesome), MiChi (who lived in Birmingham!).

With K-pop, I find it hard to understand or get in the team mentality fanclubs seem to have D: So I just like certain songs (there are a lot of awesome ones) and not really certain groups.

Recently, I really love Volume Up by 4Minute and History by EXO 8D

Hi! I'm glad you found your way into this thread. It's sometimes hard to find, I know. :redface:

I think the K-Pop mentality is a recent phenomenon, so it does take some time to understand. However, I can see why every fangirl/fanboy would be going crazy over their favourite group/singer. It's all part of the Korean wave (韓流).

I'm glad that there are still some J-Pop fans here. The numbers are slowly decreasing as many are flocking to K-Pop. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I hope that people would like J-Pop as much as K-Pop. The same applies to C-Pop (but that's a different issue).
Reply 1213
OH MY GOD
I AM SO, SO JELLY
I used to love Linlin 3:

Edit- I've been in a couple of Hello!Project groupdubs as well...:colondollar: Please can I show you?

Sure, feel free to send me links :smile: I've never bothered as I don't like my voice :P
Are there any HOTTEST on here? :biggrin:
Reply 1215
Original post by xoquerida
Are there any HOTTEST on here? :biggrin:

I am a Hottest in training. :redface:
Have you got any song recommendations? I have Hands Up, Electricity, All Night Long and Again & Again. :smile:
Original post by Paramore<3
I am a Hottest in training. :redface:
Have you got any song recommendations? I have Hands Up, Electricity, All Night Long and Again & Again. :smile:

I will hijack this... Heartbeat, I'm Your Man, I'll Be Back, Without U, I Hate You, I Was Crazy About You, 10 out of 10, Take Off, Tired of Waiting and also the Fly to Seoul promotional song :biggrin:

And if you like Nichkhun, I recommend that watch Khuntoria!
Reply 1217
Original post by lostwater
I will hijack this... Heartbeat, I'm Your Man, I'll Be Back, Without U, I Hate You, I Was Crazy About You, 10 out of 10, Take Off, Tired of Waiting and also the Fly to Seoul promotional song :biggrin:

And if you like Nichkhun, I recommend that watch Khuntoria!

Thank you, downloaded them all! Nice to get some retro 2PM with 10 out 10. :redface:

Ahh, I've been meaning to watch WGM for ages, I will try! Thank you v much :smile:

I'm really addicted to this recently :cool:
Reply 1219

HOLY S**T
:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

Quick Reply

Latest