The Student Room Group

pop punk/hardcore/metalcore chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Taurus
Actually yeh thats true, all their songs are good :smile:
No I haven't seen them live :frown:
They're on my list with a load of other bands to see before I die or they die/retire

Me too, i want to go to warped tour in america so much. how amazing would that be
Reply 41
Original post by tssf_skye
Me too, i want to go to warped tour in america so much. how amazing would that be

Warped tour looks so good this year!
Lostprophets are playing this year, and they are amazing live! :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by JCC-MGS
Why would you complain about mainstream music when your own music taste is so tediously mainstream? Not one of those bands plays hardcore and a couple play metalcore but all represent the lowest common denominator. Coming in on an elitist thing while being any scene kid is dumb

Firstly, i disagree with this music being mainstream. Maybe the bands are well know if you like this genre otherwise anyone i ask do you like architects, a day to remember TSSF sum 41 etc don't know what the **** i'm on about. I was refering to 'mainstream' as the top 40 kesha and cheryl cole and that ****.

Secondly, some of those bands are hardcore/metalcore, parkway drive is a prime example. Also, i'm not a scene kid. ha HA.

You obviously have a lack of understand on this type of music
Reply 43
Original post by Taurus
Warped tour looks so good this year!
Lostprophets are playing this year, and they are amazing live! :smile:

YES i love lost prophets, i'm seen them live and they are amazing i have to agree! I don't really like their new stuff that much though :/
I wish i could go to the american warped i was to see ADTR so bad!
Original post by Taurus
There's just no point of saying that in this thread.

this is a forum... like i've said i clicked on the thread to see the musicians listed but i prefer justin bieber, do not see the problem.
Reply 45
YES i love lost prophets, i'm seen them live and they are amazing i have to agree! I don't really like their new stuff that much though :/
I wish i could go to the american warped i was to see ADTR so bad!

There new stuff is okaay, but no where near as good as the stuff from start something and the fake sound of progress. Tbh I heard about them when Liberation Transmission came out, thought they were good but the old stuff blew me away!

Ahh ADTR are so good, what I would do to see them live!
Reply 46
Original post by Bellissima
this is a forum... like i've said i clicked on the thread to see the musicians listed but i prefer justin bieber, do not see the problem.

Trust me no one in this forum wants to hear that. The whole point is to get away from discussing mainstream overated pop artists like justin bieber.
Reply 47
I see stars was such a good shout, awesome band. Others you might like if they're the style you're thinking, Story of the Year/Funeral for a Friend (early stuff though, so hours and casually dressed and deep in conversation)/Finch/Four Year Strong/Framing Hanley. They are a few i can think of, dunno whether thats the sort of stuff you'd like, but given I love all the stuff you originally mentioned, you should like :P
Reply 48
Original post by Taurus
There new stuff is okaay, but no where near as good as the stuff from start something and the fake sound of progress. Tbh I heard about them when Liberation Transmission came out, thought they were good but the old stuff blew me away!

Ahh ADTR are so good, what I would do to see them live!

I love your music taste SO much! I would kill to see ADTR oh my god just don't even get me started :') I love all Lost prophets stuff like last train home , where we belong and rooftops (everyone knows that one) :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 49
Original post by andyp2
I see stars was such a good shout, awesome band. Others you might like if they're the style you're thinking, Story of the Year/Funeral for a Friend (early stuff though, so hours and casually dressed and deep in conversation)/Finch/Four Year Strong/Framing Hanley. They are a few i can think of, dunno whether thats the sort of stuff you'd like, but given I love all the stuff you originally mentioned, you should like :P

Ah thank you! I like four year strong but I'll give the others a listen :smile: funeral for the friend I'm kinda on tr fence about them

Firstly, i disagree with this music being mainstream. Maybe the bands are well know if you like this genre otherwise anyone i ask do you like architects, a day to remember TSSF sum 41 etc don't know what the **** i'm on about. I was refering to 'mainstream' as the top 40 kesha and cheryl cole and that ****.

Secondly, some of those bands are hardcore/metalcore, parkway drive is a prime example. Also, i'm not a scene kid. ha HA.

You obviously have a lack of understand on this type of music

Yeah obviously out of the two of us it's me, who's written for metal mags like Terrorizer, who has a lack of understanding rather than you, the gassed up 'not a scene kid' scene kid. The bands you mentioned used to get constant coverage in crap commercial mags like NME and Kerrang, because they're crap commercial bands. And no, there are no hardcore bands there except debatably Gallows, it's mainly mediocre metalcore bands most sheeple got bored of in 2009. If you think Discharge or Youth of Today sound like the bands you mentioned then your ears are broken. I wouldn't even care that you liked this **** if you didn't front like they're all really obscure, that chip on your shoulder really deserves for you to know what you're on about
Reply 51
I love your music taste SO much! I would kill to see ADTR oh my god just don't even get me started :') I love all Lost prophets stuff like last train home , where we belong and rooftops (everyone knows that one) :')

Ahh I love those songs! When I was younger I used to sing lostprophets stuff every day, I still know all the lyrics to most of their songs :smile:

And thank you! Your music taste is awesome as well, I'm so glad you're not another one of these people who think LMFAO, Olly Murs and the rest of the crap artists are the best thing ever :cool:
Reply 52
some of the heavier stuff you could try as well if you like,
Mudvayne/Five finger death punch/Ill Nino (they're ok, wouldn't say brilliant)/All that remains/Godsmack/Atreyu/Saliva

As well as the obvious things like papa Roach/Limp Bizkit/Disturbed etc

But if you like any of the stuff i've put up, i can hopefully suggest a few more bands like the ones you're interested in :smile:
Bieber is alright. Just sayin'. I listen to pretty much everything.

My favourite bands from those genres:

-Abandon All Ships
-Old Woe, is me
-Bury Tomorrow
-Memphis May Fire
-Of mice & Men
-Scarlett O'hara
-The Amity Affliction
-Hands like houses
-Sleeping With Sirens
-BlessThefall
-Broadway

The list goes on really.
Reply 54
Original post by Taurus
Ahh I love those songs! When I was younger I used to sing lostprophets stuff every day, I still know all the lyrics to most of their songs :smile:

And thank you! Your music taste is awesome as well, I'm so glad you're not another one of these people who think LMFAO, Olly Murs and the rest of the crap artists are the best thing ever :cool:

Haha I know! Still love Ian watkins a bit tbh:wink: and hahah yeah to you too! So fed up with this 'music' in the top 40 which is artificial voices and beats where are the real bands they deserve credit!

Reply 55
Original post by andyp2
some of the heavier stuff you could try as well if you like,
Mudvayne/Five finger death punch/Ill Nino (they're ok, wouldn't say brilliant)/All that remains/Godsmack/Atreyu/Saliva

As well as the obvious things like papa Roach/Limp Bizkit/Disturbed etc

But if you like any of the stuff i've put up, i can hopefully suggest a few more bands like the ones you're interested in :smile:

Thank you I'll try them out! Love the obvious limp bizkit and some disturbed stuff

Reply 56
Oh by the way does anyone like BVB? I don't because I cant really take them seriously tbh :')

Oh by the way does anyone like BVB? I don't because I cant really take them seriously tbh :')

Instrumentally, they're talented. Too bad they waste it. They're an awful, artificial band, of which appeal to pre-teens who feel the need to 'belong' to a group.
Reply 58
Original post by JCC-MGS
Yeah obviously out of the two of us it's me, who's written for metal mags like Terrorizer, who has a lack of understanding rather than you, the gassed up 'not a scene kid' scene kid. The bands you mentioned used to get constant coverage in crap commercial mags like NME and Kerrang, because they're crap commercial bands. And no, there are no hardcore bands there except debatably Gallows, it's mainly mediocre metalcore bands most sheeple got bored of in 2009. If you think Discharge or Youth of Today sound like the bands you mentioned then your ears are broken. I wouldn't even care that you liked this **** if you didn't front like they're all really obscure, that chip on your shoulder really deserves for you to know what you're on about

Debatable is all i can say. Along with I'm really not a 'scene kid', you couldn't be more wrong.

Reply 59
Haha I know! Still love Ian watkins a bit tbh:wink: and hahah yeah to you too! So fed up with this 'music' in the top 40 which is artificial voices and beats where are the real bands they deserve credit!

Yes definitely! I just don't see the appeal of people who can't actually sing well. Then they end up paying 60+ pounds to see them live!
Btw are you a fan of We are Scientists? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest