The Student Room Group

Crisps Cryptic Capital Cities Quiz Mk II!

Oh yes! Another round of 10 deceptively fiendish conundrums for you all to decipher

(OK, so they're probably not that hard, but still)

If you missed the first one (it was a while ago), the original thread is here (go to the last page to see the answers and how my clues work)

I WILL give out nearly 200 points of Crispy goodness if you manage to get them all correct :smile:

Answer via PM please (you may answer as many times as you wish) I will also keep you updates with your scores but don't expect a quick reply, especially as I may have quite a few to go through.

I will set a deadline of ONE WEEK (that is, untill midnight on Wednesday 14th February), or, untill I get the first full setof correct answers.

For the record, all cities used are taken from this list.

Depending on how it goes I may give out continent clues in a few days time.

Note that there may be more than one answer that fits the clue, I am only looking for one city per question.

Good luck :smile:

[Oh, and for the record, none of the cities in this quiz were used in the last one]

The Questions.

A college at Oxford, Cambridge, and Durham.

A royal dock?

To propel oneself in a boat

This detective is often seen repeated on TV

Pinning her down on the sea floor?

Something was ripped up whilst moving quickly

Sounds like a very early type of gun

A colour

A settlement fit for Royalty.

We've all got one.

Reply 1
OK, an update, this isnt as hard as it looks! Trust me, there are peope out there with 8 s and 9s and just need the last couple. No-one has them all, and every question has been answered by someone (although no-one has the full set yet)

Keep those PMs coming in!
Reply 2
Congratulations to GrooveMeister, the first person to get all 10 correct and as such be places upon my rep list :biggrin:

There are TWO places still available, so keep guessing!
Yay! Thanks! I actually did enjoy your challenging yet fun competition. And may I just say that question seven was a tricky one:wink: At least I can now say that I'm not dumb when it comes to world geography afterall.:rofl::wink:
Reply 4
Congratulations to Segat1, the second person to give me 10 correct answers! :party:

One more place left, when that is filled I shall reveal all :wink:
Nooooooooooooo I'm nearly there!
Reply 6
Keep guessing then :p:
Reply 7
The quiz is now closed as I have received the third set of correct answers from Sazarina88!

Answers will follow in due course.
Reply 8
Ok, the answers...

1. A college at Oxford, Cambridge, and Durham. St. John's
2. A royal dock? Port-au-Prince
3. To propel oneself in a boat Rome {to propel in a boat = row + myself (me)}
4. This detective is often seen repeated on TV Colombo
5. Pinning her down on the sea floor? Ankara [Anchor-her]
6. Something was ripped up whilst moving quickly Tehran [tear-ran]
7. Sounds like a very early type of gun Muscat (Muskett)
8. A colour Manila (Ok, some people have said that it isnt a colour, but I think it is :p:
9. A settlement fot for Royalty. Kingston
10. We've all got one. Seoul

Oh, I grew up in number eight.:biggrin: Yay!
Spell my username correctly please :biggrin:

Latest