The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
MlDlOuu: Yes, Napier would be my 1st choice, mainly because of the course - Marketing with Digital Media, that is not available at other universities. Then I like the location, almost modern campuses, which are not far away from my future IQ accommodation.

And it is in EDINBURGH!! :-D I have spent there 1 month, and I am very looking into staying there longer.
Other universities in edinburgh don´t offer what I would like to study, so thats why Napier is the best place where I can study :smile:

I know, in most cases Napier serves as a backup option for many applicants, but simply I like it.
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Anyone else applied for accounting with law ? :smile:
OMG its driving me crazy as well !! I've applied 2 months ago for a MSc Publishing and I still didnt hear anything back... But in a way after reading all these posts I feel reassured for not being an isolated case :tongue:
I've received a conditional offer from Stirling but its my 2nd choice...plus I would rather live in Edinburgh which seems a much more beautiful town !
If Napier refuses me...does anyone think it's conceivable to study in Stirling and live in Edinburgh ?

I cross my fingers and wish you luck guys !
Reply 123
Interactive Media Design - Unconditional :eek::colondollar::colone:

Got an email from UCAS just 30 min ago:rolleyes:
Original post by natacha_812
I've received a conditional offer from Stirling but its my 2nd choice...plus I would rather live in Edinburgh which seems a much more beautiful town !
If Napier refuses me...does anyone think it's conceivable to study in Stirling and live in Edinburgh ?

Edinburgh's only an hour away from Stirling on a train and with a railcard I think a return is around £5, and then there are busses to the campus so theoretically it would be possible for you to do it but it would probably be easier to stay in Stirling :tongue:

I've STILL not heard anything. I expect 3 rejections from Edinburgh so not hearing from them doesn't worry me but Stirling should give me a conditional/possibly unconditional and Napier should give me an unconditional so I really want to hear from them so I don't need to worry any more.
I'd love to go to Edinburgh Uni but I doubt i'd get a conditional, if I do I could hopefully get in :smile: Napier is my first choice because I love Edinburgh, I only applied to Stirling because it's near me and I might as well use all 5 choices. I'm like you, I think Edinburgh is an amazing city and it would be perfect if I could study there!
Reply 125
Original post by Jelena87
Interactive Media Design - Unconditional :eek::colondollar::colone:

Got an email from UCAS just 30 min ago:rolleyes:

OMG! Congratulations, unconditonal?? so you don´t need to pass your final exams? :-D amazing

I have applied for Marketing with Digital Media, which is not so differnet from your Media Desing.. !! It is comming :-D
Reply 126
Original post by OndrejC2
OMG! Congratulations, unconditonal?? so you don´t need to pass your final exams? :-D amazing

I have applied for Marketing with Digital Media, which is not so differnet from your Media Desing.. !! It is comming :-D

Thanks Ondrej :wink:

Well, I have already passed all my exams and I have been studying for one year at another university but absolutely different subject that I actually didn't enjoy.. so I have more than enough qualifications to get accepted but I am very excited anyway!! :rolleyes:

My all 5 choices are with Napier and one of them is Media Design so really no much different from the course you have applied to.. :smile: Hope to meet you at uni in September :smile:
Reply 127
Unconditional for Sport and Exercise Science :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 128
Congratz! :smile: :smile:
Original post by dalelouden
NOOO! Dont automatically think u have been rejected! Just remember that 'no news is good news'. Thats good i guess, good luck with your prelims and other courses that you have applied for :biggrin: x

Guess you're advice was right, just got an email through saying they want my portfolio by march 15th :smile:

worried about this event thing though kinda, not sure what to do! Better get my brain in gear! haha x
Reply 130
Original post by emsalu
Unconditional for Sport and Exercise Science :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations! :smile: It seems like they started giving offers away! :tongue::wink:

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 131
Hope so! :-D
Original post by natacha_812
OMG its driving me crazy as well !! I've applied 2 months ago for a MSc Publishing and I still didnt hear anything back... But in a way after reading all these posts I feel reassured for not being an isolated case :tongue:

Hi natacha_812, I suggest you to get in touch with the admission office as soon as possible and ask for some news, because I applied to a MSc at Napier and I had a response in less than a week. good luck :smile:
Reply 133
I found out this morning I've got a conditional offer for the Creative Advertising MSc to start in September, so happy!!

Just hope I get my 2:1 now...! Doing English at Essex. Can't wait to start at Napier. I think I'm going to apply for a place at West Bryson Road halls as most of the halls don't accept postgrad, and I really want to live in halls rather than in town! Plus, my home is the other end of the country so would be nice to have some security in halls :smile:

Just wanted to say, very happy! :biggrin:
Reply 134
Original post by kazo
Hi there, I've applied for English & Film studies, been waiting 2 months! But they did send out a letter that said offers would be made feb/march..... we'll just have to wait it out! I can't decide between going over to scotland or studying here in queens belfast :frown:

I've applied for the exact same course as you & I'm still waiting, I also got that letter explaining the feb/mar decision. Personally the appeal of Edinburgh, culture,art, music etc is why it's my 1st choice. The uni looks great & the course structure looks interesting. I haven't had a look at belfast but I'm sure whichever you choose, it'll be great :smile:
Reply 135
I hope so too, I sent my app off early december & it's been a very anxious wait. English & Film Studies. It's my 1st choice. Good luck everyone :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I sent them an e-mail asking when to expect replies but they just told me that they hope to have them all sent off by the 31st of march, I had been hoping for something more specific. I just sent an e-mail to general inquiries so maybe I should have e-mailed admissions but I didn't think of that at the time :tongue:
Reply 137
They hope... :-D But we hope it will be in next days! :-D
Conditional for Civil Engineering and Architectural Technology. Hell yeah!
Reply 139
Has anyone heard back from just English?
It's my first choice and still nothing back! aaarggh :frown:

I've got a conditional to Dundee though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest