The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DancinBallerina
I've shortened it to 'Cas' . .that in turn could be short for a lot of names! But not sure whether to change it again? :ninjagirl:. I however have not once used my proper full name nor have I mentioned my surname, just my pet name which I have shortened to 'Cas'. But not sure whether or not that is too obvious. I too am trying to pursue a legal career (legal ex.)

EDIT: I am now following your blog; nice blog :smile:

Yeah that seems fine :smile: good luck with the blog & thanks for following me! I get a lot of views & traffic but not too many official followers! xx
Original post by blinkbelle
Yeah that seems fine :smile: good luck with the blog & thanks for following me! I get a lot of views & traffic but not too many official followers! xx

LoL That blurb I just wrote to you basically says the same thing in a roundabout way lol :ninjagirl:, soz. But you get the jist of what I was saying. Yes I have got a lot of traffic too, mainly from TSR lol. But official followers are growing, gradually. Good luck with your blog too :smile:.
Original post by Purple Haze
I don't really think it matters if you go by your real or use a fake name. As long as your a sensible person using the internet and not posting offensive material or anything that would be a cause for concern for potential employers i don't think it would really go against you would it?

Hiya. I found out about Business2Blogger from your blog, and I want to ask: Have you done many projects with them? Cos most of the offers they email to me are USA only, which is such a shame, cos I can't do much then.

I also brought this up with them on their Facebook recently, and they said it's because they don't have enough UK businesses wanting to work with them.
I use a pseudonym for my blog; Lusty Haze. My real name isn't glamorous enough really hehe. Hopefully, it'll also be my model-name for when I start some pin-up/burlesque modelling.

I think I'll write another blog this evening, after our BBQ :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Just been checking out some of your posts- I really like the lust lists- good idea!
I've got my own blog, but there's not much on it at the moment (transferred everything to Blogspot as I used to use Wordpress, but my friends can't follow me on there as they all have Blogspot!) so it's mainly just my artwork for the moment. I'm thinking of linking it to my Amazon wishlist, but then my anonymity would be ruined :s-smilie:
Check it out: http://sunshineraeillustration.blogspot.com/

x
Hey everyone, started my blog yesterday and have put up three posts; clothing haul, favourite make up items and liz earle review. Would be great to know what you think :smile:
www.elise-lauren.blogspot.com
xxx
Original post by elliejellie3
Hey everyone, started my blog yesterday and have put up three posts; clothing haul, favourite make up items and liz earle review. Would be great to know what you think :smile:
xxx

Just had a quick look- it seems to be going really well! I love the poppies in the background, and you've found some serious bargains at Primark (I may have to pop down there after I've seen those blouses...). And you've temped me into buying the Estee Lauder Double Wear haha! I'm now a follower! Keep it up! The only problem I seem to have with my blog is a) time/keeping up to writing posts weekly/monthly, etc. and b) getting too temped to buy everything I see/post on my blog! If the latter's not a problem for you, then as long as you keep posting then you should be fine.
I used to write more fashion posts on my old blog, only just started my new one so there's just my own artwork on there atm.
xx
Original post by sunshinerae
Just had a quick look- it seems to be going really well! I love the poppies in the background, and you've found some serious bargains at Primark (I may have to pop down there after I've seen those blouses...). And you've temped me into buying the Estee Lauder Double Wear haha! I'm now a follower! Keep it up! The only problem I seem to have with my blog is a) time/keeping up to writing posts weekly/monthly, etc. and b) getting too temped to buy everything I see/post on my blog! If the latter's not a problem for you, then as long as you keep posting then you should be fine.
I used to write more fashion posts on my old blog, only just started my new one so there's just my own artwork on there atm.
xx

Thanks! Yeah they have some great stuff in there at the moment. Haha I would defintely recommend that foundation, it's definetely worth the money :smile: that is what I'm worried about too, but I'm just going to try my best and try and update in my free time
xxx
Original post by elliejellie3
xxx

I love those primark heels might need to pop down! I like your blog and I am now folowing
Just been checking out some of your posts- I really like the lust lists- good idea!
I've got my own blog, but there's not much on it at the moment (transferred everything to Blogspot as I used to use Wordpress, but my friends can't follow me on there as they all have Blogspot!) so it's mainly just my artwork for the moment. I'm thinking of linking it to my Amazon wishlist, but then my anonymity would be ruined :s-smilie:

x

Thank you I really like the artwork. Really talented, I was thinking of getting back into art. Are you on deviantart??
Original post by Ilora-Danon
I use a pseudonym for my blog; Lusty Haze. My real name is glamorous enough really hehe. Hopefully, it'll also be my model-name for when I start some pin-up/burlesque modelling.

I think I'll write another blog this evening, after our BBQ :biggrin:

Ah, I think you'd be good at that; you definitely have a great look for it :yep:

x

Oh, you shouldn't have needed to transfer blog sites. I use Google Reader for my subscriptions, and I follow a few Wordpress blogs on it. So it's still very possible to do that, you just have to subscribe in a different way to how to subscribe to Blogspot blogs.

On another note, your artwork is awesome! :awesome:
Original post by jessyfantastic90
Thank you I really like the artwork. Really talented, I was thinking of getting back into art. Are you on deviantart??

Thank you :biggrin: No I'm not! I've browsed the site loads but I've never been sure if my work is "good enough"... But, since I'm practising my work much more nowadays I might create a profile on there!

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

Oh, you shouldn't have needed to transfer blog sites. I use Google Reader for my subscriptions, and I follow a few Wordpress blogs on it. So it's still very possible to do that, you just have to subscribe in a different way to how to subscribe to Blogspot blogs.

On another note, your artwork is awesome! :awesome:

Thank you! I know I realised as I've just linked my blog to Bloglovin' :rolleyes: Nevermind, though! I think my new blog is prettier now anyway haha!

xx
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Hiya. I found out about Business2Blogger from your blog, and I want to ask: Have you done many projects with them? Cos most of the offers they email to me are USA only, which is such a shame, cos I can't do much then.

I also brought this up with them on their Facebook recently, and they said it's because they don't have enough UK businesses wanting to work with them.

No I havn't done any with them yet. I saw it on someone else's blog and thought i'd give it a go.

I have seen a few UK posts on there. Hopefully some UK businesses will start to sign up! :s x
Reply 214
Original post by teddybomb
Does anyone know where i can get a code for mini buttons? like little buttons all in the same row for twitter, email, following etc etc? I want to use them so as not to take up so much room in my sidebar...

go on www.DandyID.org :smile: That's what I use atm :smile:
Original post by Rhii
go on www.DandyID.org :smile: That's what I use atm :smile:

Hi :smile: how do you get the buttons on your sidebar from creating a profile on DandyID? :smile:

Reply 216
Original post by Mega Nerd
Hi :smile: how do you get the buttons on your sidebar from creating a profile on DandyID? :smile:

-Click on 'My Identities' on the left sidebar and add all of the things you use and want to be available on your blog (Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube etc) Some of them can be varified so do that if it says you can. :smile:
-Once you've done all of them, click on 'Share' (also on the left sidebar) and click on 'Easy Widgets' (I think the link actually says 'check it out!' but in the Easy Widgets paragraph thing) :smile:
-Select how you want them to look on your page (horizontal, vertical etc) and there should be a HTML to copy.
-Copy and paste the HTML into a HTML box on your design bit of Blogger (I assume you're using Blogger?) and save :smile:

DONE :biggrin:

Let me know if you need more help :smile:
Here's one of mine, I only started it yesterday, it has a rubbish name but will include all things nail varnish related :h:

http://theyorkshiredarling.blogspot.com/

Latest

Trending

Trending