The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by `Chris
Fairly sure those are the only ones, cos I never went to one. After you get an offer, they invite you to a "subject open day" sort of thing, where the show you around a bit as well. That's all I went to.

Oh ok. Just regarding universities generally, are open days useful to go to?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 201
Original post by BeccaCath94
Oh ok. Just regarding universities generally, are open days useful to go to?

Yeah, definitely. I think I went to about 12 in my...few...years of deciding. :tongue: Nah - I wouldn't want to go anywhere without having a look around first. I think I only went to one where I was fairly sure it wasn't for me, but it's good to have a look around. :smile:
Original post by `Chris
Yeah, definitely. I think I went to about 12 in my...few...years of deciding. :tongue: Nah - I wouldn't want to go anywhere without having a look around first. I think I only went to one where I was fairly sure it wasn't for me, but it's good to have a look around. :smile:

Yh thats what I thought. Ok thank you :smile:
They're free arent they?
Also, are they usually v busy? Which is busiet during the week or weekend?
Reply 203
Yh thats what I thought. Ok thank you :smile:
They're free arent they?
Also, are they usually v busy? Which is busiet during the week or weekend?

Yeah they're free. Business depends which uni really I think - doesn't really matter...
Reply 204
an so, im back in lancaster. spent from 11 till 3 today in the computer labs doing a fraction of the work i have to do for the end of week 22. urrghhhh.
Reply 205
Original post by J1mjam
an so, im back in lancaster. spent from 11 till 3 today in the computer labs doing a fraction of the work i have to do for the end of week 22. urrghhhh.

Add all that to a 2000 word essay on US and Latin American relations...fml. :frown: Just got Assembly left to do for CompSci ("Just Assembly"...lol...) 142, 162 and 123 all aren't too hard, with a bit of reading up on them. (Yeah - I don't think I ever made it to a 162 lecture...)

Don't actually know where this holiday has gone, any chance of another week d'ya think?? Still too much to do. :tongue:
Reply 206
Original post by `Chris
Add all that to a 2000 word essay on US and Latin American relations...fml. :frown: Just got Assembly left to do for CompSci ("Just Assembly"...lol...) 142, 162 and 123 all aren't too hard, with a bit of reading up on them. (Yeah - I don't think I ever made it to a 162 lecture...)

Don't actually know where this holiday has gone, any chance of another week d'ya think?? Still too much to do. :tongue:

ive done assembly, first thing i did. not too bad tbh. found some java code on how to set up the matrix and just applied that to assembly. and what i was doing yesterday is my minor too..still got ALL the CS courseworks to do. and finishing off Assembly
Reply 207
Original post by J1mjam
ive done assembly, first thing i did. not too bad tbh. found some java code on how to set up the matrix and just applied that to assembly. and what i was doing yesterday is my minor too..still got ALL the CS courseworks to do. and finishing off Assembly

I did the same a few days ago, and for some reason, setting up the matrix just isn't working. :facepalm: Gotta be a stupid mistake somewhere but just couldn't find it... :mad:
Reply 208
Original post by `Chris
I did the same a few days ago, and for some reason, setting up the matrix just isn't working. :facepalm: Gotta be a stupid mistake somewhere but just couldn't find it... :mad:

that sucks. i somehow managed to make it without problems. dont know how. lucky i guess. probably the first bit of bug free Assembly i have ever written. just (sorta) finished 142. although the first question is a bit hmmmm. rest was okay i think though. but since the 30 marks are weighted so high, i dont wanna loose any i dont have to.
So sunny, warm and green up here. :biggrin:
Reply 210
Anyone apply for PPE
I ordered a Lancasrer 2012 prospectus like a month ago and it hasnt come. I ordered another like 2 weeks ago in case it got lost but this one hasnt come either. Has anyone else had this problem?
I ordered a Lancasrer 2012 prospectus like a month ago and it hasnt come. I ordered another like 2 weeks ago in case it got lost but this one hasnt come either. Has anyone else had this problem?

Clicky here

If you go on the link above you can view all of the current prospectus as a PDF. As for the physical copies, I think it took a couple of weeks for mine to arrive, all you can do really is wait, it will turn up eventually.

On a different note, I got an official warning from a member of Campus security today because of the volume of the new exhaust on my motorbike :colondollar::colondollar:

Luckily the guy is also a biker and so he said that he couldn't actually care less about the volume of it and that in his opinion it sounded bloody lovely, but he did advise me not to take it over about 2000rpm while going along the main road on campus!

Anybody in Cartmel, if you live anywhere near the bike sheds you will hear it when I take the bike out, I'm sorry :colondollar:
Reply 213
Is Lancaster racist in anyway ?
Reply 214
Original post by mackemforever
Clicky here

If you go on the link above you can view all of the current prospectus as a PDF. As for the physical copies, I think it took a couple of weeks for mine to arrive, all you can do really is wait, it will turn up eventually.

On a different note, I got an official warning from a member of Campus security today because of the volume of the new exhaust on my motorbike :colondollar::colondollar:

Luckily the guy is also a biker and so he said that he couldn't actually care less about the volume of it and that in his opinion it sounded bloody lovely, but he did advise me not to take it over about 2000rpm while going along the main road on campus!

Anybody in Cartmel, if you live anywhere near the bike sheds you will hear it when I take the bike out, I'm sorry :colondollar:

i saw you going up south avenue yesterday and thought...WTF is that. then i looked and was just like ohhh is mackem(since i dont know your real name :P)

Original post by Millz

no, just no :smile: never seen it first person never heard of it happening. there will be some racists here, no doubt, but its they who are in the minority(how ironic) and i have yet to see any.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by J1mjam
i saw you going up south avenue yesterday and thought...WTF is that. then i looked and was just like ohhh is mackem(since i dont know your real name :P)

no, just no :smile: never seen it first person never heard of it happening. there will be some racists here, no doubt, but its they who are in the minority(how ironic) and i have yet to see any.

Lol, yeah, it is a little bit loud. Tbh if I could make it a bit quieter I probably would, but it just sounds so damn nice I'm not really looking that hard for a way to reduce the noise!
Reply 216
Lol, yeah, it is a little bit loud. Tbh if I could make it a bit quieter I probably would, but it just sounds so damn nice I'm not really looking that hard for a way to reduce the noise!

dont blame you, the whole point of having an engine is to make some noise
Original post by Millz

Never witnessed any racism. :smile:

Though my friend once called me a racist (not seriously) when I said I wanted some chicken, Kool-Aid and watermelon. :tongue:
Just had my last ever undergrad seminar. It feels good! :biggrin:

But, that could also be because of all the drinks I've had since then in Trev lol. :biggrin:
Clicky here

Ah yes thank you :smile:
But it came in the post today!! :biggrin:

I havent looked at it in detail yet, but you know theres all the colleges, how do you decide which to go to? Is it personal prefernce or are they related to the courses?

I also read in my local paper yesterday about a 'Roses' battle between Lacaster and York universities... (since im from York) I dont know if I could pledge my alligence to the opposition...I never really thought about that before! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest