The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its enough time to think about the Career planning section.

Dont even know what to write there...
Reply 21
Got an email from them today, saying applications had opened.

You still can't select the 2012 academic year on the application form..
Reply 22
Original post by Akkuz
Incase anyone is wondering, applications open mid November.

Do you mean the business school too????
Reply 23
Original post by granvilian
Do you mean the business school too????

I don't know. They didn't say. I assume it's for all courses.
Reply 24
Original post by Akkuz
I don't know. They didn't say. I assume it's for all courses.

I see! thanks though :smile:
Reply 25
I think a lot of the courses are now open but certain courses will have later opening dates and different deadlines, so you have to check!
Hello everyone,

I need some guidance here. I am currently doing Master's program and I want to apply for PhD for next year. So I would like to know what the deadlines are or are they different for different programs ?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 27
Doing my application now. Imperial's online system is pretty shoddy lol. :afraid:
Reply 28
Yupp..I said it was shoddy. None of my documents will upload -__-
Reply 29
Think I'm the only person on this thread lol :getmecoat:

Anyhu, submitted it finally. Imperials application system is awful!
Original post by Akkuz
Think I'm the only person on this thread lol :getmecoat:

Anyhu, submitted it finally. Imperials application system is awful!

No you won't be after couple of month I will be applying in January for PhD. So I will be asking alot of help if I get stuck at some point. :biggrin: Hope you won't mind.
Reply 31
Original post by olympus123456
No you won't be after couple of month I will be applying in January for PhD. So I will be asking alot of help if I get stuck at some point. :biggrin: Hope you won't mind.

The design of the system is poor but works reasonably well.

I had a lot of problems uploading documents. If you have problems uploading PDF's then convert your PDF into a word file and then save the word file as a PDF. It should upload then. That's the only problem I encountered. :smile:
Original post by Akkuz
The design of the system is poor but works reasonably well.

I had a lot of problems uploading documents. If you have problems uploading PDF's then convert your PDF into a word file and then save the word file as a PDF. It should upload then. That's the only problem I encountered. :smile:

OK thanks. Can I know what course applied for for ?
Reply 33
I just discovered this forum! I will be applying for MSc. in Bioinformatics at ICL. I plan to submit it by next Thursday, hope that's not too late!
Reply 34
Original post by olympus123456
OK thanks. Can I know what course applied for for ?

Transport with Business Management. Nothing exciting lol. It's a joint course with Imperial & UCL.
Reply 35
Original post by Akkuz
Transport with Business Management. Nothing exciting lol. It's a joint course with Imperial & UCL.

Let me know how you ICL application goes. I'm thinking to applying to ICL for MSc Management but I think I may be a little late and also I may not be eligible for a place since I study BSc Economics and Accountancy. A quarter of my modules are similar :s-smilie:
Reply 36
Original post by IK237
Let me know how you ICL application goes. I'm thinking to applying to ICL for MSc Management but I think I may be a little late and also I may not be eligible for a place since I study BSc Economics and Accountancy. A quarter of my modules are similar :s-smilie:

I didn't even consider applying for it. The price tag is too crazy for me and I don't think I'd qualify because of the modules I've already studied.
Reply 37
Is it worth to give £27000 to study at Imperial Risk Management ?
Reply 38
Original post by enlim
Good idea. Should be applying to Risk management & Financial Engineering although not sure about my chances.

How about yourself?

I know of an average student that got accepted like two years ago. I am not saying it is a bad course but given the extortionate fees they have to give out many, many offers.
Reply 39
Original post by Ghost6
I know of an average student that got accepted like two years ago. I am not saying it is a bad course but given the extortionate fees they have to give out many, many offers.

Before two years Imperial gave an offer to a friend for risk with 2.2. Also i know some other students who applied for MSc in Management in 2009 and they got a low offer 2.2.
The website before two years were saying that you have to obtain a 2.2 and above.

The thing is that imperial has really good reputation as a university. therefore the business school is really good only because of the name. the programms are not good and are suitable for people who study at imperial sciences and they want to work in business area. for that reason people who have a degree in business and management can not apply at imperial.

last year a friend finished the msc in risk management, she got distinction. her offer was to obtain a 2.1 but she got first from nottingham university in mathematics. she told me that the first term was more difficult than the other two because she had to do more specific modules on risk management. the other two terms she had chosen all the mathematical modules, like the whole class and she graduated with distinction.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest