The Student Room Group

Warticon Experiences?

Did it work?

I know it works by pretty much irritating the immune system to make you fight the warts, but did you find the warts became quite painful when you were using warticon? Because mine are!

Just wondered what others' experiences were!
Reply 1
i have been using warticon for 4 weeks. i haven't experienced any pain or soreness, and for me this makes me think it's not working :'( i'm going to get my warts frozen for the 2nd time next week and continue the treatment. a few warts have gone.. but not all of them and i've had new ones come up! arghhhh
Reply 2
Original post by madeline06
i have been using warticon for 4 weeks. i haven't experienced any pain or soreness, and for me this makes me think it's not working :'( i'm going to get my warts frozen for the 2nd time next week and continue the treatment. a few warts have gone.. but not all of them and i've had new ones come up! arghhhh

Soo annoying isn't it! I've heard freezing is meant to be pretty effective though.

Do you have a lot? :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Soo annoying isn't it! I've heard freezing is meant to be pretty effective though.

Do you have a lot? :frown:

not really, about 8 very small ones, not much bigger than a full stop > . ! yet they won't budge. really frustrating. i was seeing a new guy and i've basically had to blow him off because of this and i really like him. god damn.
Reply 4
don't wanna do the whole - 'yo we can't have sex because i have genital warts' thing think i'd rather just seem like i'm not interested :frown:
Reply 5
and be single forever... yawn. thanks ex boyfriend for ruining my life.
Reply 6
Original post by madeline06
don't wanna do the whole - 'yo we can't have sex because i have genital warts' thing think i'd rather just seem like i'm not interested :frown:

I'm in a similar situation actually. BTW just starting to notice that my warts really are starting to disappear using warticon. What I've started doing is putting it on, then putting aqueous cream over it. I think the cream probably softens the warts as well as acting as a guard around the warticon. It's really worked! You should try it!
I've never had "warts" (Although I did have the high risk HPV strain and abnormal cervical growth.. Sigh), but a few of my friends have had experience with them. From what I recall, they each only had one outbreak, and once they were gone, they were gone for good. One particular friend went for multiple "freezing" sessions and she got quite upset about it, but once they'd gone (about six or seven years ago now), she never had another problem with them.

I wouldn't worry too much girls, it's really common and pretty harmless x
Reply 8
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
I've never had "warts" (Although I did have the high risk HPV strain and abnormal cervical growth.. Sigh), but a few of my friends have had experience with them. From what I recall, they each only had one outbreak, and once they were gone, they were gone for good. One particular friend went for multiple "freezing" sessions and she got quite upset about it, but once they'd gone (about six or seven years ago now), she never had another problem with them.

I wouldn't worry too much girls, it's really common and pretty harmless x

howlong did they have the warts for then? im hoping they go after the 2nd freezing / round of warticon. it's starting to make me pretty depressed tbh
Reply 9
Freezing is really effective. I've had 2 treatments and its almost all clear. Mine was a rather mild case but I would recommend it highly.
I've got quite a severe case of genital warts. I have them all on my anus, vagina and in between! It's so annoying. Luckily my boyfriend understands and is not too much bothered by them like I am. I've just started using wart icon and now I can hardly sit down! Or wipe after going to the toilet. Recently I've noticed my warts are bleeding. Is this normal? They are so sore and I go on holiday next week :'( I'm only 18 and I feel like I'm never going to be able to have kids or deliver them vaginally :,(
Im 20, have had warts for about a month. Been using the cream for three weeks now and havent noticed a difference and im starting to despair! Is there hope?
Warts won't affect having kids - I've just found out I've got them
Ive was using warticon for 3 days are required by the nurse, thr warts i had like 3 or something had really calmed down an gone but only 1 was still there. So stopped using the cream for 4 days to a week an all of a sudden i have aload on my vagina lips an they are very swollen an sore an causing me alot pain. Not sure what to do??
Reply 14
Original post by Sash2017
Ive was using warticon for 3 days are required by the nurse, thr warts i had like 3 or something had really calmed down an gone but only 1 was still there. So stopped using the cream for 4 days to a week an all of a sudden i have aload on my vagina lips an they are very swollen an sore an causing me alot pain. Not sure what to do??

The problem with warts is that it is caused by a virus that spreads easily around sensitive or damaged skin. Because you stopped using the cream before all warts were fully healed, the one that you still had spread the virus. I would start using the cream ASAP and see a doctor again
[QUOTE=Sash2017; Hi Everyone, I have genital warts also.. 😞 They broke out last year, I went to see my nurse who froze them but she noticed my skin colour had also changed.. I had a biopsy done they found I had the HPV virus which led to pre vulva Cancer 😞 I then saw a gynaecologist who put me on a cream to burn the pre cancer away, it made me feel more ill I felt like I was more drained each time I used it, I then opted for the operation.. I had a large part of one side of my vulva removed I've been very sad since having this taken away, 1 year on and my warts have returned 😢 I've been using warticon but it's not making much or any difference, Please if you have these warts get them properly checked!!!
I don't want to loose the other side of my vulva and I'm so terrified to go get them frozen as i have very sensitive skin & it was very painful.. Does anyone have any ideas how I could use the warticon with another cream so it doesn't hurt so much?? I feel so lost right now.. I didn't get these from someone I know 😞
Again please get checked properly as I was ignored for quite some time until I saw a better nurse/doctor
Any help would be much appreciated
Reply 16
I had 1 med Size and 4 smaller warts, so I had the Warticon cream from last time I get them frozen told them I don’t want to use the cream rather have them frozen, but nhs would rather you use the cream, so got them frozen and a year later a few have appeared So since covit I started to use the cream as so much time on hands and CAN happily say it work well, you need to apply for 4 days in the morning and in the evening and only put it on the wart not the good skin around them, make sure you can get as much on the wart as possible and leave it to do it’s thing for 20mims min or sometimes I would reapply and leave it on for a hour, anyways after 4 weeks all the small ones are gone and the just the big one left. They don’t turn black or fall off they just shrink a tiny amount every 3/4 days you will notice them shrinking and as soon as you reeslise there getting smaller you will naturally want to keep using it, when you can hardly see the wart and it looks gone keep applying for a few more days to completely make it disappear like was never there before Warticon cream works it just needs to be applyed twice a day for 4 days on then 3 days off then reapply do this for as long as title to disappear I shaved the area around so the cream don’t get moved buy the hair and easier to apply and I put the cream on a matchstick to apply 1 wart at a time
I’m currently on my third week out of 4 using warticon and can definitely see it helping! I only have one smallish sized wart and at first was so worried because I haven’t had any burning or redness with the cream so assumed it wasn’t working. However, the wart has shrunk so much and is almost completely flat against the skin.

Just follow advice of applying it morning and night 3 days on, 4 days off. Make sure you get a good amount of cream and sometimes I reapply an hour or so later after the first application has dried. Make sure you clean the area before applying. If you have a shower or bath a couple of hours after applying I would definitely add some more cream to be sure.

Whatever you do DO NOT shave, when you shave your spreading the warts so if possible don’t do anything. You can use hair removal cream if you absolutely must but I really would just leave the hair for now.

Quick Reply

Latest