The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1001

Ive never read so many inaccuracies in one piece.
Reply 1002
Original post by L18
Ive never read so many inaccuracies in one piece.

Yeah, he over-exaggerates quite a bit.
The Reds team in full is: Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Maxi, Carroll. Subs: Doni, Johnson, Coates, Kuyt, Adam, Shelvey, Bellamy.
Reply 1004
Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Maxi, Carroll. Subs: Doni, Johnson, Coates, Kuyt, Adam, Shelvey, Bellamy
No Rooney or Nani for the Mancs apparently.
Reply 1006
Carra in defensive mid or five at the back?
Reply 1007
5 at the back? Or Carra in the middle you reckon?
Not sure but it seems overly defensive considering Utd's apparent line up.

They've done with a 4-5-1, looking to break on the counter I think with Valencia, Park and Welbeck providing the movement.

Or maybe we've 5 at the back to stop the counter? Hopefully Kelly and Enrique have a good game and get really high up the pitch.
Reply 1009
Can't see how this team will work tbh.... not too many attacks. Bellamy in the bench was unsurprising...

looks like a draw.
Confirmed team news for the mancs

11 ***** are starting with 7 ***** on the bench.
Reply 1011
Original post by Zerforax
Not sure but it seems overly defensive considering Utd's apparent line up.

They've done with a 4-5-1, looking to break on the counter I think with Valencia, Park and Welbeck providing the movement.

Or maybe we've 5 at the back to stop the counter? Hopefully Kelly and Enrique have a good game and get really high up the pitch.

Could work like it did vs Chelsea last season, alternatively could **** up like Stoke 2 weeks ago.

We look a bit light in the middle.
Original post by Pn94
Could work like it did vs Chelsea last season, alternatively could **** up like Stoke 2 weeks ago.

We look a bit light in the middle.

Well I think Utd are lining up as:

...............................De Gea...............................
Silva...........Smalling..............Evans.............Evra
...............................Carrick..................................
Valencia..........Scholes......Giggs...........Park......
..............................Welbeck......................

In theory, Gerrard's and Henderson's energy should be enough to counter those three in the Utd midfield? It's going to be more about stopping the men on the wings imo?

Would love it if we got the early goal, think forcing them to come out and attack is going to hurt them more.
Reply 1013
I reckon carra will play just in front of the back 4 like we suggested earlier in the week. Otherwise that is ridiculously defensive
Reply 1014
Last time we did 3 at the back it completely sucked, because the opposition just played 1 striker. The exact same thing has happened here again! I'm not optimistic now.

Also, where do you guys get the lineups from? I get ours from the official site but before BBC football updates, where is the quickest? Thanks!
Reply 1015
I've just noticed, it's not directly related, Essien is on the bench for Chelsea against QPR.
Reply 1016
Original post by Zerforax
Well I think Utd are lining up as:

...............................De Gea...............................
Silva...........Smalling..............Evans.............Evra
...............................Carrick..................................
Valencia..........Scholes......Giggs...........Park......
..............................Welbeck......................

In theory, Gerrard's and Henderson's energy should be enough to counter those three in the Utd midfield? It's going to be more about stopping the men on the wings imo?

Would love it if we got the early goal, think forcing them to come out and attack is going to hurt them more.

Hopefully. Interesting that Spearing isn't even on the bench although he trained yesterday.

I'd like to see someone stay tight on Scholes.
Reply 1017
Original post by M_E_X
Last time we did 3 at the back it completely sucked, because the opposition just played 1 striker. The exact same thing has happened here again! I'm not optimistic now.

Also, where do you guys get the lineups from? I get ours from the official site but before BBC football updates, where is the quickest? Thanks!

Twitter probably. Every Tom, Dick and Harry begins to post it as soon as it's announced.
Reply 1018
Got to be this for me, hopefully Enrique and Kelly can overlap a lot.

--------------------------Reina-------------------------
--------Carragher------ Skrtel------Agger---------
---Kelly --------------------------------------Enrique-----
--------------Gerrard---------Henderson--------------
----Downing-----------------------------------Maxi------
-------------------------Carroll----------------------------

We need to be wary of Hernandez coming off the bench again and scoring like in the league.

(edited 12 years ago)
Chris Williams on Twitter: "Very kind of England's cricketers to collapse [to 72 all out, meaning Pakistan win second Test by 72 runs and have an unbeatable 2-0 in the three-match series] so I dont miss the start of today's football action #bbcfootball."

Same CW? :awesome: