H business management A
H modern studies B
H English C
thanks
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bump
They will find it difficult to accept you as you didn't take maths any further after fifth year. My friend had a similar problem and failed to get in to Strathclyde which is the one he dreamed of getting into. Got an A in physics and took it to AH too. You might get into a less prestigious institution though. :smile:
Original post by Electronica
They will find it difficult to accept you as you didn't take maths any further after fifth year. My friend had a similar problem and failed to get in to Strathclyde which is the one he dreamed of getting into. Got an A in physics and took it to AH too. You might get into a less prestigious institution though. :smile:

Well it isn't gaurenteed about the AH as they dont care about it, as long as you have solid Highers.
Althought to get into a good engineering course you will need to get an A in Maths and atleast a B in Physics, for institutes like Strathclyde.

P.S. Something that might benefit your application is if you take another science subject.

Right now all you can do is for you to achieve your predictions, and hopefully exceed them.
Which university do you want to get into?

And as has already been said, you're much better off taking more science subjects as this will make your application more competitive.
Reply 6
Original post by Smack
Which university do you want to get into?

And as has already been said, you're much better off taking more science subjects as this will make your application more competitive.

Edinburgh napier. would it be better off dropping advanced higher physics for higher chemistry? thanks
My mate got into strathy with similar grades to those. Just make sure you get at least one A and one B in higher maths and physics any order. Aim for AH B in advanced higher physics.
Reply 8
It would probably be much easier for you if you were doing chemistry instead of BM or Modern Studies. Keep physics, even if they're not really bothered about the grade you get in AH physics, it would still look better if you had it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
You might get into a less prestigious institution though
Reply 10
thanks for the replies guys. which one of these options do you think is better.

option 1

AH physics
H modern studies (crash)
H chemistry
H English

option 2

H English
H chemistry
H modern
H business management

would the extra higher be better than the advance higher or will physics add more weight to my application since it is relevant to engineering? thanks
Definitely do physics.
Original post by hazzm2

Why not AH maths? It would be a far better substitute for modern if you ask me!
Reply 13
Original post by hazzm2
thanks for the replies guys. which one of these options do you think is better.

option 1

AH physics
H modern studies (crash)
H chemistry
H English

option 2

H English
H chemistry
H modern
H business management

would the extra higher be better than the advance higher or will physics add more weight to my application since it is relevant to engineering? thanks

Option 1 is definitely the better option. If you can fit AH maths in somehow it would set you up really well and give you a pretty good chance of getting into some good unis.
Reply 14
Original post by NK1994
Option 1 is definitely the better option. If you can fit AH maths in somehow it would set you up really well and give you a pretty good chance of getting into some good unis.

thanks, I'll try but I'm not too sure about my chances of passing advanced higher maths since I'm only predicted to get a B at higher.
Reply 15
Ask your teachers what they think. There's a couple of people in my AH class that got a B at higher, they're doing ok. Just work consistently from the start and you'll pass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending