The Student Room Group

SOS! SOS! what'll happen if you got a U in Further Maths??

[ uh, never thought my first post would be such a pathetic one...]
anyway...

the thing is, i now firmly believe that i'll fail my Further Maths exam, but i've already registered for it so i have to take it.

Will it be okay if you got a U for a subject that the uni didn't specifically ask for in the conditional offer? i.e. they asked for 3 A, and i think i can get As in the other three subjects i'm taking.

Will a U do any substantial damage, or will it just 'look bad' (which i don't really care now i'm so so tortured by the FM past papers...) ?

THX a lot for any replies...!
If you meet their offer then you will automatically get accepted even with a U in further maths. You should stick at it though, if you can get 3 As then you can easily pass further maths.
Original post by Sternumator
If you meet their offer then you will automatically get accepted even with a U in further maths. You should stick at it though, if you can get 3 As then you can easily pass further maths.

hmm...Thanks a lot!!
Original post by GeneralOJB
It means your stupid. Congratulations.

You're the stupid one. Learn how to spell before you comment.
Reply 4
Original post by aka_freaking_out
[ uh, never thought my first post would be such a pathetic one...]
anyway...

the thing is, i now firmly believe that i'll fail my Further Maths exam, but i've already registered for it so i have to take it.

Will it be okay if you got a U for a subject that the uni didn't specifically ask for in the conditional offer? i.e. they asked for 3 A, and i think i can get As in the other three subjects i'm taking.

Will a U do any substantial damage, or will it just 'look bad' (which i don't really care now i'm so so tortured by the FM past papers...) ?

THX a lot for any replies...!

If I was you, I would at least try and scrape a high mark for the applied module. That way, when you drop further maths next year you can use the applied module for your normal maths.
Leaving you with only c3 and c4 - allowing you to then go for an A* :smile:

However, it is possible to cover all three modules in two weeks, I'm sure if you're capable of getting 3As, you shouldn't struggle too hard as long as you put the hours in.

Either way, good luck on any path you take!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by S_Azizi
If I was you, I would at least try and scrape a high mark for the applied module. That way, when you drop further maths next year you can use the applied module for your normal maths.
Leaving you with only c3 and c4 - allowing you to then go for an A* :smile:

However, it is possible to cover all three modules in two weeks, I'm sure if you're capable of getting 3As, you shouldn't struggle too hard as long as you put the hours in.

Either way, good luck on any path you take!

thanks a lot~!
i think i'll have to take the 'two weeks strategy', as i'm already in my last year in high school...:tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest