The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone please give me a brief rundown of what I have to do now that I've been accepted?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by rose.3445
Yep about two weeks ago!

Congrats :smile: is st Andrews going to be your firm?
How long does it take to hear back from the admission team with the status: "ACADEMIC DECISION HAS BEEN MADE". Is it a good or bad sign that it only took them 48 hours from decision panel to decision has been made? :s
Cheers
can someone please explain to me the course structure. my friend said that you have to do 3 subjects, how does that work?
Reply 2124
Original post by hattie :)
can someone please explain to me the course structure. my friend said that you have to do 3 subjects, how does that work?

FAQ on Modules

thanks :smile: do you know when we chose our other modules?
Reply 2127
Just so I understand correctly, you can't write what hall you'd prefer on the accommodation form, you're only allowed to write what price range and type? E.g. I'd love to go to uni hall, so I would put catered mid-range single room? I'm a bit confuzzled :tongue:

Edit: I've just looked at the form again and worked it out! :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2128
Original post by mezlande
Congrats on the offer!! You firming then?

Yes, I firmed it the minute I got home! So excited :smile:
Reply 2129
Original post by emmaarr
Yes, I firmed it the minute I got home! So excited :smile:

Wow! It took me weeks to pluck up the courage to make my final decision (though it was obviously going to be St Andrews) and even then I had my Dad double check the UCAs response form before I confirmed it, to make sure I'd not accidentally turned down St Andrews. :tongue:

Hope to see you around next year then!! :smile: Good luck with all the exams!
Original post by KCosmo
Just so I understand correctly, you can't write what hall you'd prefer on the accommodation form, you're only allowed to write what price range and type? E.g. I'd love to go to uni hall, so I would put catered mid-range single room? I'm a bit confuzzled :tongue:

Edit: I've just looked at the form again and worked it out! :tongue:

Mind explaining it? I'm applying soon.
Original post by Helsy
Wow! It took me weeks to pluck up the courage to make my final decision (though it was obviously going to be St Andrews) and even then I had my Dad double check the UCAs response form before I confirmed it, to make sure I'd not accidentally turned down St Andrews. :tongue:

That sounds more my style... its the only one I haven't looked at and I refuse to firm it until I do :smile: I can't make the open day, but I'm going to visit soon with a friend. I really want to maximise my time there, see the places that are a big part of student life and not necessarily touristy... Just wondering whether you had any recommendations? Or is there anything you really think is worth seeing? ...The St A guide seems to be uber geared towards visiting parents, if you see what I mean.
Reply 2132
THATS IT ! I HAVE DECIDED !

I will reject Imperial to come to St Andrews !
Reply 2133
Original post by mezlande
That sounds more my style... its the only one I haven't looked at and I refuse to firm it until I do :smile: I can't make the open day, but I'm going to visit soon with a friend. I really want to maximise my time there, see the places that are a big part of student life and not necessarily touristy... Just wondering whether you had any recommendations? Or is there anything you really think is worth seeing? ...The St A guide seems to be uber geared towards visiting parents, if you see what I mean.

Welll..... the different coffee shops are always a good place to start. Seems that's where most people seem to hang out if they don't spend their whole day on North Haugh like I do (it's a bit out of the main town/university area).
But definitely try and get in to see the department. You can usually get someone to help with that by emailing someone. And consider wandering into the Union, which during daytime is fairly easy as they don't check ID or if your a student during the day. And if you can get in to the main library, that's a good place to see, since if you do anything besides physics and maths, you'll probably spend a lot of time there.
But yeah, if you want to see a bit more of the uni, then look here for more tips generally.
Original post by Neofytos
THATS IT ! I HAVE DECIDED !

I will reject Imperial to come to St Andrews !

Congrats. Which subject?
I'll repeat my question from the other day, please could someone be merciful enough to answer it for me?:

I was accepted to St. A a while ago and since then I've firmed it. At this stage, what should I be doing, or what could I do to make the process easier?
Reply 2136
Original post by Usernameitis
I'll repeat my question from the other day, please could someone be merciful enough to answer it for me?:

I was accepted to St. A a while ago and since then I've firmed it. At this stage, what should I be doing, or what could I do to make the process easier?

There's some info here, but atm there's not really anything you have to do except apply for accomodation: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/studenthandbook/advising/
Reply 2137
Original post by Chuck Norris
Congrats. Which subject?

Hey :smile:
Computer Science..
Original post by Neofytos
Hey :smile:
Computer Science..

No way, Me too!
Original post by michi89_1
How long does it take to hear back from the admission team with the status: "ACADEMIC DECISION HAS BEEN MADE". Is it a good or bad sign that it only took them 48 hours from decision panel to decision has been made? :s
Cheers

Anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest