The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Feb 2012 W100 people over here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Struggling abit with etma4 especially question 1.

I would say Nathan is guilty but it doesn't say Misha witnessed it, but you would assume she did.

So the only witnesses are his 5 year old twins and a neighbour with a grudge against him.

But surely the fact that he agrees to pay for repairs is an admission of guilt?

any help much appreciated.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 361
No, the fact is he did it, that's indisputable. The question is whether it's worth arresting & prosecuting him, not whether he did it.
Reply 362
Thanks for the quick reply. :smile:

Im going with my first opinion on this and he should be prosecuted.
Thanks for your help ;p) I hashed it all together and sent it off yesterday was all a bit garbled and rushed etc but let's hope I've squeezed past the mark line. This course has been an eye opener for me as it's the first thing I've done since leaving school.

Hope you all do ok with ETMA 04 x
Original post by Oppro
No, the fact is he did it, that's indisputable. The question is whether it's worth arresting & prosecuting him, not whether he did it.

after rereading the question, what is asked, and which parts need adressing from the info given to us im very much thinking along the same lines as yourself. What is asked of us and where to gather info from needs reading very carefully because it gives some vital clues. :cool:
I'm struggling with the second question on eTMA 4, do you think Melissa was right to arrest Tansy, one part of me says yes, she had reasonable grounds to suspect of drug dealing, on the other hand no, as there was her and Mohammed, surely they could have detained her until the Police arrived as they'd already been called anyway?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 366
Original post by clairelou90
I'm struggling with the second question on eTMA 4, do you think Melissa was right to arrest Tansy, one part of me says yes, she had reasonable grounds to suspect of drug dealing, on the other hand no, as there was her and Mohammed, surely they could have detained her until the Police arrived as they'd already been called anyway?

My answer would be yes she had grounds to arrest Tansy.

She had reasonable grounds for suspecting an indictable offence (24A.1.B.).

And it doesnt state how long the police will take to arrive.

So she was preventing the person from making off before a constable can assume responsibility for him, (24A.4.D.)

If anyone has any other views on this i would like to know.
Just finished. 1998 words. Glad to see the back of it.

Does anybody attend a tutorial and find it helps?
Reply 368
Haven't attending a tutorial as of yet but im hoping to, ive heard people saying that after going to a tutorial they have changed their path on what to include in their assignment.

The one problem with a Open Uni course is that you don't get the opportunity to discuss you course material and findings with other students especially if you don't attend tutorials. When i was in college it use to help to discuss different peoples views and have debates over the subject with friends.

So i am looking for a study buddy to email/msn about the course to hopefully help us both and get a view of a different prospective.

If anyone is interested please feel free to message me on here :smile:
Original post by Lisa_1972
My answer would be yes she had grounds to arrest Tansy.

She had reasonable grounds for suspecting an indictable offence (24A.1.B.).

And it doesnt state how long the police will take to arrive.

So she was preventing the person from making off before a constable can assume responsibility for him, (24A.4.D.)

If anyone has any other views on this i would like to know.

Are these the only sections you included? As I have included more. Cheers.
So have I.
Original post by clairelou90
So have I.

Pheeeeewww! Haha. :smile:
@Lisa_1972 ~ I can't attend tutorials as there in Chelmsford, takes me 1hr and 45 mins just to get to the city centre, that's without getting to the College. And I'm partially sighted too so unable to drive.

Hmmm.... really starting to hate this eTMA now, still got 1,140 words but still got the 3rd question to go. :frown:

Hoping to at least get to 1,800 to 1,950, if I can't reach the 2,000 mark.
(edited 11 years ago)
C**p! My internet is down. Damn SKY! Why now?
Reply 374
Original post by bottleandahalf
Are these the only sections you included? As I have included more. Cheers.

Ive included more sections but these are the basic reasons why i thought she had grounds to arrest.
Ok guys realllllyyyyyyy struggling to meet the word count for this one ekkkk running out of things to say but have gone through each section and subsection and feel i have covered all relevant points. word count currently sits at less than 1000 towards the end of 2nd question. :frown: Anyone got any tips on how to flesh it out abit??? looks like im in for a long night...
Reply 376
Original post by big dreamer
Ok guys realllllyyyyyyy struggling to meet the word count for this one ekkkk running out of things to say but have gone through each section and subsection and feel i have covered all relevant points. word count currently sits at less than 1000 towards the end of 2nd question. :frown: Anyone got any tips on how to flesh it out abit??? looks like im in for a long night...

Try writing all the sections in for example.

instead of just writing (s.21A.b) write all or most of the law an then add the reference at the end.

I also found that i coul write alot more about question 1 than 2 or 3 so see if you can ad anything extra onto it.
Original post by Lisa_1972
Try writing all the sections in for example.

instead of just writing (s.21A.b) write all or most of the law an then add the reference at the end.

I also found that i coul write alot more about question 1 than 2 or 3 so see if you can ad anything extra onto it.

I wrote just under 1000 words on the first, and 500 each on the other two. There was much more to the code to use than a teeny part of PACE. I also quoted the relevent part of the Code/Act in full and then just referred to it in the answer. I asked my tutor if I could and she said yes. My internet went off last night and has only just been switched back on. My essay has only just gone in. I can sit back and forget about it now. Phew!
I found the first question easier than the other two, I felt like there wasn't enough information in the PACE to really put a lot, I just quoted the parts of the act that were relevant.

So far I have 1,683 words ~ And about an hour and 20 minutes to submit it.
Finally, the end product without the bibliography was 1,864 words, decided I'm not going to write anymore for fear of repetition etc.

Good luck everyone, and thank you to Lisa for helping out. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending