The Student Room Group

GCSE Predictions

I was just wondering what the current GCSE students of TSR thought about the types of results you are going to get in August.
In the heat of the exams are we being optimistic or pessimistic?

I'll start: I think I'll end up with 4 A*s, 4 As, 1 B, 1 Dist* and 1 Dist.

And the rest of you..

Scroll to see replies

I have very high standards but that is only because I work incredibly hard (this isn't just me saying this, I was voted the hardest worker in our year by 52 out of 60 people in my year). So I am hoping for 8 or 9 A*s and 3 or 2 A's, I know they are very high standards but it is just how I am :smile:

Good luck with your exams :smile:

Guys don't neg me just because I work hard and for your information I am not boasting either. I am merely telling the truth. I am not saying I will get these grades in fact it is far from it but I WOULD LIKE these grades!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mushrooms
I have very high standards but that is only because I work incredibly hard (this isn't just me saying this, I was voted the hardest worker in our year by 52 out of 60 people in my year). So I am hoping for 8 or 9 A*s and 3 or 2 A's, I know they are very high standards but it is just how I am :smile:

Wow, that's amazing! Good luck!
Original post by heyAmy
Wow, that's amazing! Good luck!

Thanks I hope I get these grades! :biggrin: Good luck to you too
Reply 4
does any 1 know about the english gcse of 2012.plz let me know hw is it ///
:smile:
Reply 5
The school has predicted me AAABBBBBBBB
I'm aiming for, and am on track for A*AAAAAABBBC with one A already achieved.
Reply 6
#Anotherbragaboutyourgradesthread
Reply 7
Your predicted grades do not matter whatsoever! And GCSE's are nothing, wait till you hit A'Levels!
I have very high standards but that is only because I work incredibly hard (this isn't just me saying this, I was voted the hardest worker in our year by 52 out of 60 people in my year).

What school votes for the hardest worker in the year? :confused:
Reply 9

how much revision do you do?
Already have A*A*AAAA. All of my GCSEs are pretty much over except for geography and some retakes. What's with all the hype about summer exams - I only have a few as I done most of mine in year 9, 10 and early 11.
Reply 11
I've already got A*A need to wait for 10 more in the summer :frown: Scared.
Reply 12
To be honest I personally don't want to predict too low so i believe by the end of the year i will at least achieve over D grades, not trying to brag but i have a strong feeling i might just achieve this:rolleyes:
Seriously guys just go with the flow and get the results on August there's no point for predicted grades after the interview process are finished.
Original post by asimhaque
Your predicted grades do not matter whatsoever! And GCSE's are nothing, wait till you hit A'Levels!

Bring them on! I really want to see just how difficult they are.
10 A* 3 As. My school predicted me that and I hope to get it. But atm I think 9A* 4As which I would e kinda annoyed with as I would've just missed double digits A*s

Got 2A* 1A already so need to get 8A* 2A this year!
Original post by asimhaque

You don't know nothing. I am doing GCSE's alongside 3 AS- Levels and they aren't that much harder!!!!!!!!!
Original post by GreenLantern1
You don't know nothing. I am doing GCSE's alongside 3 AS- Levels and they aren't that much harder!!!!!!!!!

Double negative and you're predicted straight As and A*s including English? Just shows you that great GCSEs don't equate to high intelligence as most people suggest.
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Bring them on! I really want to see just how difficult they are.

very, is the answer.
Original post by Problematique
very, is the answer.

Then I'll have to take up some proper revision for the first time and rise to the challenge. :cool:
Original post by Problematique
very, is the answer.

Don't lie to him. I am doing 3 AS's in Year 11 and they are not. One is a soft subject but the other 2 are respected!

Quick Reply

Latest