The Student Room Group

Philosophy and Psychology degree, help anyone?

I wanted to do a Philosophy degree, but then decided I'd probably prefer it if I combined it with something to make life a bit more diverse and interesting :biggrin:.

I love Psychology, and really want to combine it with that.

Problem is, there's limited universities that do Psychology and Philosophy. Somewhere around 10 I think. A lot of them are either really far away (which I said I'd preferably not go to, I live in Surrey), and one or two aren't very high up in any league tables I can find, which I know sounds a little proud but I believe I'm capable of at least trying to go to higher/top universities. :confused:

Anyone doing or looking at this course that can give me advice or information?

:frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lou_100
...really far away

if you live in Fife, this is Exeter. In Redruth, it is St Andrews.

give us a hint, missus.
Reply 2
Original post by cambio wechsel
if you live in Fife, this is Exeter. In Redruth, it is St Andrews.

give us a hint, missus.

Sorry, in my original post I wrote "I live at the bottom of England" but then I re-wrote it and obviously left that bit out :P. So yeah, Surrey/very near London.
Original post by lou_100
I wanted to do a Philosophy degree, but then decided I'd probably prefer it if I combined it with something to make life a bit more diverse and interesting :biggrin:.

I love Psychology, and really want to combine it with that.

Problem is, there's limited universities that do Psychology and Philosophy. Somewhere around 10 I think. A lot of them are either really far away (which I said I'd preferably not go to, I live in Surrey), and one or two aren't very high up in any league tables I can find, which I know sounds a little proud but I believe I'm capable of at least trying to go to higher/top universities. :confused:

Anyone doing or looking at this course that can give me advice or information?

:frown:

Durham do it http://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/2012/info/?id=2875&title=Philosophy+and+Psychology&ucas-code=CV85&degree=BA&year=2012

Exeter allow you to combine different subjects for a tailor-made degree title: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/flexible/
Reply 4

Sorry, but I know what Unis do the course, was just searching for people who have been through the application process and can give me a human opinion on places/what I should do.

Don't seem to be many who do it :frown: Bristol and Oxford do, so I'm hoping I like them. I'm so worried I won't, then I'm stuck. Equally, I'm worried I'll love them then not get in.
Original post by lou_100
Sorry, but I know what Unis do the course, was just searching for people who have been through the application process and can give me a human opinion on places/what I should do.

Don't seem to be many who do it :frown: Bristol and Oxford do, so I'm hoping I like them. I'm so worried I won't, then I'm stuck. Equally, I'm worried I'll love them then not get in.

If you like Philosophy and find you don't like the Psychology part it should be really easy to switch to single honours Philosophy. Even if you can't for some reason, it'll be fine as you get to choose which modules you study and so you can go for the more "philosophical" modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending