The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Anyone doing Biosciences (with a Foundation Year) at Sussex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robawalsh
Have you phoned about finance?

No pressure or anything :wink:

Payment goes to Uni of Sussex!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Cool, thanks :smile:

Now I just need to get the grades..........
Original post by robawalsh
Cool, thanks :smile:

Now I just need to get the grades..........

Oh, me too. I added you on skype! //possiblycreepy

Your offer is BCC too I assume? Mine requires 2 science subjects. I can get a B in English/GeneralStudies/Chinese pretty easily I think, and I think with hard work I'll get a B in Biology, but it's Chemistry and Maths I have the problem with...I nearly failed Chemistry last year, along with the majority of my class because my Chemistry teacher was so utterley incompetant. Paying the price now!
Reply 23
Original post by medusacascade0
Oh, me too. I added you on skype! //possiblycreepy

Your offer is BCC too I assume? Mine requires 2 science subjects. I can get a B in English/GeneralStudies/Chinese pretty easily I think, and I think with hard work I'll get a B in Biology, but it's Chemistry and Maths I have the problem with...I nearly failed Chemistry last year, along with the majority of my class because my Chemistry teacher was so utterley incompetant. Paying the price now!

Haha, no that's fine! Good to make contacts beforehand :smile:

My offer is 28 points at IB, which is harder to get than BCC, but I won't get into that rage again..

Yeah, I'm most worried about chemistry and maths too; our first year chemistry teacher practically just stuttered at us all year!

Good luck with getting grades and all.
It's that time now, and I'm panicking a little - so I was just wondering, does anyone know what number I have to call if I don't get in, so I can grovel? Would it be Sussex or Chichester I need to contact?

Thanks again guys.
Reply 25
Original post by medusa cascade
It's that time now, and I'm panicking a little - so I was just wondering, does anyone know what number I have to call if I don't get in, so I can grovel? Would it be Sussex or Chichester I need to contact?

Thanks again guys.

I think Sussex would be your best bet.

Good luck with your results.
Well, here's the day, and I didn't make the offer. Somehow, I managed to fail all of the maths exams I took, including the retakes. So now I'm not really all that sure what I want to do.
Reply 27
Hey guys I'm doing this course, just got my acceptance! If you guys can add me on facebook and leave a message telling me your off the student room that would be awesome... The names Dean Sumner http://www.facebook.com/dean.sumner.332 btw I've only recently made a facebook after deleting it for my college exams.
Reply 28
Is anyone else still doing this?
Reply 29
Hi,
I want to apply for this degree this year. Can people share their experiences?
I only do bio for A level and realised i reaaaaly want to do biomed.

Quick Reply

Latest