The Student Room Group

How much do you get paid at tesco?

I'm thinking of getting a job at tesco , in september. How much do they pay per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. Don't
2. Not much
Reply 2
A shilling and a slice of bread.
Reply 3
For **** sake people, dont post stupid replies if you dont know the answer to my question!
Reply 4
Zykud16
For **** sake people, dont post stupid replies if you dont know the answer to my question!

marmite
Reply 5
If you want good pay why don't you get a job in Aldi. I have heard that their hourly rate is pretty good. Also don''t lose your rag with these people you did post it in chat, what did you expect. Post it in the forum to do with part time work. That way you'll get proper answers.
Reply 6
RedDragon
If you want good pay why don't you get a job in Aldi. I have heard that their hourly rate is pretty good. Also don''t lose your rag with these people you did post it in chat, what did you expect. Post it in the forum to do with part time work. That way you'll get proper answers.

Why does the classic society have cookies. Its going to take a while to get used to your signature.
Reply 7
I'd like to know aswell. There's no way I'm applying for the customer services desk if it's peanuts :angry:
Reply 8
Airel
Why does the classic society have cookies. Its going to take a while to get used to your signature.

Join and you'll find out.:yep: :biggrin:

Yes it will, but the animal's are not going anywhere.
Reply 9
My average pay per hour came out as around about £5.94, as a 17 year old working on the checkouts at Tesco. However i get location pay in my area as jobs are hard to come by and also Sundays (i work the whole day) are time & a half. The pay is good. You won't find much better elsewhere when it comes to part-time jobs when you are under 18. Primark in my area are only £4 something an hour, as a comparison.
Probably Minimum wage for age.
Reply 11
I don't get paid at Tesco, I normally pay them.
Reply 12
Right i have a pay slip now so... My actual wage rate at 17 years old is £5.52. But my first 4 weeks' pay was a lot higher than i expected due to Sunday premium rates (time and a half), location pay, and just the large amount of overtime i was doing. It is very generous in my opinion.
Reply 13
Heya there, I know it's old but I thought this might help...

I am 19 years old and I am working on the customer service desk for Tesco. The store I was working in was a Somerfield but then co-op bought all of somerfield and sold our particular store to Tesco.

My hourly rate is £7.10 per hour and I get time and a half on sundays.

The minimum wage for an 18 yr old is £4.83/hr.
Do you apply online for tesco??
Reply 15
i work at tesco and what did was send in my CV and they told me that they liked my CV and then they sent me a application form thats one way.
or you can get the application form on the tesco website. i will leave the link on the bottom for you if needed.
and to answer your question i dont think you can apply online.
i hope i hleped
the link : http://www.tesco-careers.com/user/custom/assets/pdf/tesco-application-form-2-updated.pdf
Reply 16
helped*
Reply 17
i started working at Tesco when i was 17 and i got £4 odd and hour
left when i was 19 then went back to work for them when i was 20 and i got paid £6.17 [i think or £6.20]
that was both on tills and stock control
Tesco is the most highest paying supermarket that i know of but i wouldn't recommend working for them it sucks big time lol
Reply 18
Hi, i work at tescos currently and as of the 3rd of july 2011 were getting a pay rise to £7 per hour and they have the highest wage against its main competitors
Reply 19
Everyone on new contracs at my store (an Extra) are on £6.47 per hour, regardless of age. CSD-ers are on £6.70 or so. There is a UK group-wide pay rise of 2.5% coming soon, bringing pay for customer assisstants up to £6.81. The £7 per hour rate one of the above-posters has mentioned is the "established" rate of pay, which you receive after one year. Also, the staff discount (10%) is great.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to bed - I'm working a 6AM til 5PM tomorrow on dot com and the trolleys. Every little 'elps, and all that.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply