The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hahaha
Reply 2
You've answered your own question?
Reply 3
Other than oil?
you sort of answered your own question,

also comes from the fact that over there...you either sink or swim...those who swim usually come to the west in which it is much much much easier to become succesful than over there and as a result they flourish as here, with no money, there is welfare, over there....you starve

So...here where most can live without a business/big job, arabs are constantly pushing themselves as they are still "haunted" by home and will always think that if they aren't succesful they will starve..when they won't in reality...
Find some oil in your garden. Extract a few hundred thousand barrels. Sorted.
you think why we have a war on our hands with Iraq at the moment, what is it all for? Oil? weapons of mass destruction? each day the war goes on, billions upon billions are being spent by the governments in control, now the arabs as you so elegantly put it are rich because they have all the OIL!!!! but when the war is done and everything is settled who will end up being better off??? in Saudi Arabia there is so much oil and this is a very precious energy source for the western world, OIL is a multi-billion dollar business!!!
Combo of no taxation, high wages, and loadsa oil.
theseeker
Why are they so well off. I know it's oil. But most of them are so rich, Why?

How do you get as rich as them? Invest in oil?

Example,
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud
Mohammad Al Amoudi

http://www.wealth-bulletin.com/archive/keyword/%22Prince+Alwaleed+Bin+Talal+Bin+Abdulaziz+Alsaud%22/content/1055065496

Bold = why they're rich.
Oil!
Reply 10
Oil+Investment
Reply 11
Am I the only one who thinks most arabs are probably poor?
Why are lottery winners so rich?
Reply 13
I am Arab and I am not rich! I come from a middle-class family (Dad gets around 50k per annum)

So not all Arabs are rich......
errrr oil???
Bunkd
Am I the only one who thinks most arabs are probably poor?

They are (relatively of course).
Reply 16
I don't know!
It is oil. As you said.

I'm Iraqi and I can see how much oil is here. It is everywhere.

(I even think there is some beneath my house! hahahaha).

Yes, you will be rich in such country.

Go to Dubi and be rich!
BLack Gold
Reply 18
9a3iqa
I am Arab and I am not rich! I come from a middle-class family (Dad gets around 50k per annum)

So not all Arabs are rich......

That's a lot more than most.
They arent.. 0.5% or so are effin loaded because of oil and investment - the majority are in relative poverty.

Latest

Trending

Trending