The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LadyLondoner
Well actually, I wouldnt say "most" pretty girls have a boyf, the most attractive girls in my group of friends are all single!

Yeah, the whole 'attractive girls have boyfriends' thing is BS. What if boys are scared to approach them? What if they've been messed around in the past? What if they're religious? What if they've put themselves on this great big pedestal which means no guy can possibly get anywhere?

Attractive can also mean personality as well. 'Atrractive' could be used to describe thatugly looking girl with the sweet as personality. The type of girl who makes you think 'awwwww... she's so sweet and cute. I wanna spend all my life with this troll' :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Lewroll
METHOD #98 The asker of directions

This is a great way to talk to someone without freaking them out. Its socially acceptable to talk to strangers in two situations (according to Michael Mcintyre). The first being to ask the time. The second is when you are asking for directions. This technique focuses on the 2nd.

Guy (notices hot girl in a public place). Approaches her from the front with a friendly smile
You: Excuse me do you know how to get to [Insert bull**** place you don't really want to go to]
Girl: Yeah what you wanna do is take a left at BLAH BLAH BLAH
Guy (pretend to listen, maybe even nod and ask the occasional question to make it look realistic- keep eye contact (not creepy))
Guy: Thanks a lot
Girl: Its ok (turns to walk away)
Guy: Oh one more thing. I didn't actually stop you to ask you directions, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you as I think you look amazing/beautiful
Girl: Reeeeaally?? :colondollar:
Guy: :sexface:

See with this technique the girl isn't freaked out by your approach as she wasn't expecting it. She was already comfortable talking to you as she had already spoken to you for a moment previously.

This is all theory of course. Hasn't yet been tested... O_O

It has been tested. It works. It even works when you're taking the piss. Watch the video below.
Original post by jblackmoustache
Yeah, the whole 'attractive girls have boyfriends' thing is BS. What if boys are scared to approach them? What if they've been messed around in the past? What if they're religious? What if they've put themselves on this great big pedestal which means no guy can possibly get anywhere?

Attractive can also mean personality as well. 'Atrractive' could be used to describe thatugly looking girl with the sweet as personality. The type of girl who makes you think 'awwwww... she's so sweet and cute. I wanna spend all my life with this troll' :smile:

Eeeeeexactly! Try use a better word than troll! Likeeee..."plain?" haha
I'd just walk away if she's being a bitch. If she's being humble and nice about rejecting me then i'll just accept that and stay cool and maybe carry on talking anyway. These sorts of girls will take my advances as a compliment and will be flattered.

I have to be honest, sometimes I am a little frosty when a guy approaches me in the street. From my experience when I have been nice, the guy seems to think he can 'break' me and is way too persistent so I'm stuck in this conversation I didn't want to have in the first place just for the sake of politeness.

If you approach anyone in the street, on the tube etc chances are they won't have time for you because they're probably busy or on their way to somewhere. I'd say most of the time it's a waste of time.
Reply 64
Original post by Thomas2

- Carry a lighter (even if you don't smoke) for when a pretty girl asks you for a light. Then you can say: "Actually, I don't really smoke - I just carry a lighter for when a pretty girl like you comes up to me and asks me for a light".

- Have some contact cards ready for if you're successful in getting chatting...

This is creepy as ****.

Why would I want to be with someone who is a stuck up bitch anyway? What if she's the one with the problem and she's too uptight and shy? I know loads of people who don't have a problem with me so why is she the only one who has a problem? Loads more fish in the sea.

Just because someone doesn't like the look of you, does not make them a stuck up bitch.

Personally, I think the directions idea is the best one. It would make me smile!
"Hey sexy , fancy some coitus"

Usually works for me.

Watch Raj :biggrin:
Original post by VeeBelle

Just because someone doesn't like the look of you, does not make them a stuck up bitch.

Of course, but there is no excuse for having no decency or manners. That person that you don't like the look of might be the most honest and cool person you've ever met. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

They say the way to best see a girl for who she is, is by seeing how she treats people she doesn't know in the street
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 68
Ok, so I'm on a train, going down south to visit a university see if I can get in. The girl opposite me is pretty attractive, a brunette with long curly hair. She has a rather distasteful golden earing that looks pirate like, but I'm sure we could make it work. Her skin tone is reasonably clear, with a mild tan. Her fashion sense is casual. She's clearly not dressed up for anything I sit down, I get a text. She notices. I then ask her a question.

"Hey, you're a girl. Would you mind giving me some advice on a... feminine matter" I wave in a way indicating I have no knowledge of such.

"Ok, so I have a friend"

"A 'friend' "

"HAha, yes, a friend. That's the story I'm sticking with. Anyway, this friend cheated on his girlfriend"

*She looks amused and offended*

"and when he cheated she accidently left some very pretty red frilly underware. It was really quite stylish. Anyway, the girlfriend found this. When she asked the guy to explain he said he was thinking of cross dressing and it arouses him to wear women's underware."

*She laughs*

"And she accepted this. She now makes him wear frilly underware everywhere. What should he do?"

Asking a woman for advice on a matter is probably one of the easiest and most reliable ways to get her interest. It's amusing, quick, and not imposing. She can enjoy it too.
Original post by Nepene

Original post by Nepene
Ok, so I'm on a train, going down south to visit a university see if I can get in. The girl opposite me is pretty attractive, a brunette with long curly hair. She has a rather distasteful golden earing that looks pirate like, but I'm sure we could make it work. Her skin tone is reasonably clear, with a mild tan. Her fashion sense is casual. She's clearly not dressed up for anything I sit down, I get a text. She notices. I then ask her a question.

"Hey, you're a girl. Would you mind giving me some advice on a... feminine matter" I wave in a way indicating I have no knowledge of such.

"Ok, so I have a friend"

"A 'friend' "

"HAha, yes, a friend. That's the story I'm sticking with. Anyway, this friend cheated on his girlfriend"

*She looks amused and offended*

"and when he cheated she accidently left some very pretty red frilly underware. It was really quite stylish. Anyway, the girlfriend found this. When she asked the guy to explain he said he was thinking of cross dressing and it arouses him to wear women's underware."

*She laughs*

"And she accepted this. She now makes him wear frilly underware everywhere. What should he do?"

Asking a woman for advice on a matter is probably one of the easiest and most reliable ways to get her interest. It's amusing, quick, and not imposing. She can enjoy it too.

Ohhh I love this method. I think it would actually work. Well it would with me.
Reply 70
Of course, but there is no excuse for having no decency or manners. That person that you don't like the look of might be the most honest and cool person you've ever met. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

They say the way to best see a girl for who she is, is by seeing how she treats people she doesn't know in the street

Who has ever said that? Ever? :wink:

The girls you chat up might be sharp/rude because you're the tenth person to chat them up, or because they're in a hurry. There's a million reasons! People don't have to be nice to you.

I'm just saying that not everyone that turns you down is a bitch. :smile:

Maybe they just have standards... I'm just kidding :wink:
Reply 71
Original post by Lewroll
I always thought girls were cautious when they are out. Especially as it is unusual for strangers to talk to each other, wouldn't a lot of people be like :lolwut: if someone just started chit chat?

Hmm i personally wouldnt but maybe thats just me.
Reply 72
Picking up girls is easy... Just follow this guys technique

<3 OGFurious xD

Original post by Arcanine
It has been tested. It works. It even works when you're taking the piss. Watch the video below.

:top: :rofl: I like the troll one he did :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Arcanine

:rofl: That was brilliant. I wonder if it will work on british girls:confused:
Reply 74
Original post by Lewroll
We've all been there. Your walking down the street/public place when all of a sudden BOOM! You are suddenly faced by the most gorgeous boy/girl/etc you could imagine. Everything suddenly goes in slow motion and Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye starts to play in the back of your head. You stand there looking at this beauty like this :eek:/:sogood:/:coma: and you watch them walk away forever. And then you spend the next hour or so wishing you'd approached them or fantasisng about your dream life together.

Its happened to the best of us (myself included). It probably happens to TSRians more than the average person seeing as so many of us seem to be socially retarded (not me of course :ninja:)

It is also against the social norms to talk to strangers in public in case the stranger could be a rapist or a paedophile or a murderer. I myself have spent many train journeys sat in silence, staring lustfully into the eyes of the girl sitting opposite me (like this :drool:) while she stared back (like this:lolwut:). 'If only it wasn't against the social norms!' I think to myself 'Otherwise she would probably come over here to talk to me'. If only I had the appropriate skill to avoid social awkwardness and succeed in winning that girls phone number and her heart.

May I present the 'How to approach random girls and/or boys in the street and/or public place Thread'. This thread should give the average xbox playing, redtube watching dysfunctional TSRian the necessary skills to succeed in real life situations.

What I propose is everyone posts a different method of approaching a fe/male in public and posts their own experiences of it. Hopefully we should end up with a nice long list of ways to approach your desired sex in the street, so that you can get some :perv:

To make things more interesting, I personally1, shall 'test' the most popular methods2 in real life and report back with my findings :colonhash:

1- I will test the most popular techniques in real life so that you don't have to. I will be the test dummy. However if anyone else would like to join the team of test dummies, you are very welcome to.
2- Most popular methods within reason. If one of the most popular methods is to approach a girl in the street whilst waving my penis in her face, I will not do it.
3- If you are thinking 'this thread is pathetic' or something along those lines, GTFO. If this thread helps even one person then it has been successful.

Tldr; post a method for approaching a stranger in the street (to get their phone number/ask them out) which you think would be successful. Be creative.

I like you, this post made me laugh :')

Today, I stared a guy down that I saw on the other side of the street, tried to smile seductively and sexily, I did get a lovely, interested smile back, but he failed to cross the road to come over and talk to me :frown:

However, I know he works in Cafe Nero every Tuesday, so... :wink:
Original post by toybox
I like you, this post made me laugh :')

Today, I stared a guy down that I saw on the other side of the street, tried to smile seductively and sexily, I did get a lovely, interested smile back, but he failed to cross the road to come over and talk to me :frown:

However, I know he works in Cafe Nero every Tuesday, so... :wink:

You should have spoke to him. Sometimes girls should do the approaching. I know if a girl approached me in the street I would be like :smug:. Its flattering I think.
Reply 76
Original post by Lewroll
You should have spoke to him. Sometimes girls should do the approaching. I know if a girl approached me in the street I would be like :smug:. Its flattering I think.

You're right! I should be a bit more brave :biggrin:
It's decided, I'm going to go to Cafe Nero this Tuesday and start up a conversation with him, maybe ask for his number?
Reply 77
Here is when I approached a girl in the street:

I was waiting for the bus stop, then this girl came to the bus stop to wait for the bus. She gave me a friendly smile. One thing I noticed was she was carrying 2-3 bagsfrom T-Mobile, I started off asking her

''Do you work for T-Mobile,since u carrying so many t-mobile bags?'', from then on the conversation started to flow, she talked about how she had come from job training the night before, she showed me the couple of phones she had in her bags from work, at the end I got her phone number, she even offered me a job at her work n she gave me a box of sweets, after meeting her in 15mins

My style

- comment on what she is carrying, wearing or environement, try to make it a positive comment.
- smile be positive. none of that negative stuff.

Another way to stop a girl when she is walking down the street is to say ''Excuse me'', most people will stop n listen to what u have to say
(edited 12 years ago)
Do approach with a friendly, calm and settled tone, be nice

Don't pretend to be Chris Hansen and ask her for a chat
Reply 79
never been tested but from what i know the following 2 work really well:

1. Hi my names bond .............. James bond (whatever you do after that doesn't matter she's all yours)

2. this ones a tiny bit more complicated but reaches out to there compassionate and caring side:

guy: excuse me
girl: yep
guy: i jus wanted to know if i could have your number
girl: erm no (probably thinking your a weirdo about now)
guy: thats okay if you dont give me your number and talk to me whenever i call you i will commit suicide, do you really want my pointless death to be on your hands?
girl: well...okay its 079....... (still thinks your a weirdo but now you have her number and you can start talking to her and maybe she actually gets to know your personality and likes u)
guy:before you leave give her a hug and make a sad face and tell her she has been your saviour... (this will leave her wanting more trust me)

EDIT: WHY NEG ME?? COS I MENTIONED SUICIDE, U PEOPLE DON'T KNOW A GOOD CHAT UP LINE WHEN ITS STARING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply