The Student Room Group

Best and Worst fans that have come to your ground

which clubs have brought the best and worst fans to your ground that you can remember of all time

Best

Manchester City , Arsenal , Stoke City - always sell their allocation out and are always very loud

Worst

Wigan - only 1500 to the Reebok when we regularly take 3000 to their place
Fulham - only bring a handful of people who dont sing very much

Scroll to see replies

Liverpool fans are brilliant
Reply 2
We're probably the best to have gone to your ground, and if we haven't been yet then we will be.
Reply 3
Best - Lille. Stoke. Blackpool.

Worst - Wigan, Bolton just for their appaling away numbers despite being less than 50 miles away
Reply 4
Best - FC Basel

Worst - Wigan
Reply 5
Best: Udinese, Everton, Newcastle

Worst: Wigan
Surely Liverpool and Manchester United by logic, given that the former have the loudest ground in the world and the latter come from a club so mired in support and "support" that these travelling fans must be the crème de la crème to secure tickets for an allocation of 3000 or less.

Glad nobody's said that we're the worst yet :ninja:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride

Original post by rockrunride
Surely Liverpool and Manchester United by logic, given that the former have the loudest ground in the world and the latter come from a club so mired in support and "support" that these travelling fans must be the crème de la crème to secure tickets for an allocation of 3000 or less.

This. Our (United's) away support is immense. Cant remember the last time I went away and sat down at all. 3000 reds outsang the famous britannia.

But best and worse I've seen at old trafford, Schalke were nuts. And leeds were god, but had a massive allocation. Fulham and bolton have been absolutely dreadful when I have been.
I must admit I always like the Merseyside Derby. Us Evertonians and the Liverpudlians have a very respectful relationship. Very little in the way of civil war.
The best fans I've seen at SJP were Inter Milan, Feyenoord and Middlesbrough.

The worst were probably Everton.
I hope no Sheffield Wednesday fans say Liverpool...
Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Milwall were the best in terms of numbers and noise imo. Worst? There are many...
In the last few years, it's definetly been the mediocre Northern teams whose fans have been dissapointing. Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and the like.

Even though West Ham fans are quite crazy, they were always a good laugh with their chants.
Original post by 122025278
I hope no Sheffield Wednesday fans say Liverpool...

jesus christ, have some respect
Original post by NoCoke!PEPSI!

jesus christ, have some respect

I do, which is why I said I hoped no one would make a cheap joke out of it
Reply 15
Rapid Vienna are utterly fantastic. Both of their trips to VP last season and the season before they were immense
I do, which is why I said I hoped no one would make a cheap joke out of it

Fair enough, but in the context of the thread maybe it was best not to mention it at all.

Fair enough, but in the context of the thread maybe it was best not to mention it at all.

Probably best. Are you a Liverpool fan by any chance? My opinion of Hillsbrough is that South Yorkshire Police were the easy group to blame. Anyone who's ever been to a football match knows what the relationship between fans and police is. If football matches were peaceful venues and fans were assumed to act responsibly there'd be no need for hundreds of police at even the most mediocre of games.
Probably best. Are you a Liverpool fan by any chance? My opinion of Hillsbrough is that South Yorkshire Police were the easy group to blame. Anyone who's ever been to a football match knows what the relationship between fans and police is. If football matches were peaceful venues and fans were assumed to act responsibly there'd be no need for hundreds of police at even the most mediocre of games.

I am yes, although in my opinion it shouldnt matter who you support in a situation such as this, (i know you wern't suggesting it did, im just saying). There are a fair number who blame the police, and they make a decent point out of it, but for me personally i believe its best to focus on what we can do for the families of the 96 now rather than spend time focusing on blame.
Best: Burnley (well you know what I mean :wink:)
Worst: Fulham

(ewood park)

Quick Reply

Latest