The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
At last I found out - I think they had been sent to my school yesterday but they checked them before they gave them out.
I haven't actually seen my teacher yet but he saw my friend last period and asked her to let me know.

I got my appeal, Higher Biology from a B to an A - I'm so happy and relieved!
Reply 561
Got my Modern Studies appeal from a B to an A - so happy! :smile:
Reply 562
Got my Higher Technological Studies appeal from an A to a B :smile: got 86% and 75% in my prelims so happy, good luck to everyone who is waiting:smile:
Reply 563
Well done to those who have been successful.

I am really getting frustrated now... I have waited so long that I am almost beginning to lose hope.

Still no answer from our school, despite the odd person saying they had come in- I asked both my teachers who said nothing had been given to them.

I guess I will just have to continue pestering my teachers until I have confirmation.

P.S. - If you are unsuccessful does your teacher not notify you that this is the case or something- and this is why I haven't heard.

Has anyone received confirmation about appeals for Higher French or Higher English- as these are the ones I appealed for.

Wish I could finally relax and not have to keep thinking and waiting.
(edited 12 years ago)
I got two of my appeals :smile: Chemistry from C to B and History from B to A (which i was absolutely sure wouldn't go through - I only got 71% in the prelim!) I just really wish I got Biology :/ no one in my school got their higher biology appeal.
I got my geograpphy froma B to an A today :smile:
best of luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Reply 566
Alleluia...lol

Finally found out today about my appeals.

Got my English from a B to an A but didn't get my French up to a B from a C. - Has anyone been successful in languages.

I am just so glad that I have another 'A'

Good luck to all those who are still waiting.
Reply 567
I got my English appealed from a B to an A! So relieved! I got 80% in the prelim but had a horrible exam result - only achieving 55% overall (including a meagre 60% for my folio when I was predicted 86%...:frown: ). But thankfully I needn't get myself down about that any longer!

Original post by Brad22

Has anyone been successful in languages.

My friend got an appeal from a C to a B in Gaelic (she achieved an A in her prelim).
Well done to those of you who are succeeding in your appeals - hope you got what you needed!

SAM
Reply 569
Does anyone know when mysqa gets updated?
Reply 570
Original post by kiwicake
Does anyone know when mysqa gets updated?

I was wondering this too :smile:
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. MySQA will be updated by the end of November and this is also when we will send updated certificates where an appeal has been successful.

SAM :smile:
Reply 572
Are you able to appeal the band of a result? i have an offer for A1A1A2 at advanced higher for uni, and was wondering what i can do. Since it is not an official grade, I am thinking it's not possible. Would they be able to make an exception for me if I were to be even one mark short of an A1?
Reply 573
Anyone?!?!
I have been out of education due to a major operation . I have been told that I am sitting my sqa exams in six weeks. Is it possible for me to get seven ones in the summer if I try hard. How hard are the sqa stabdard grades , is six weeks enough ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hello-1996
I have been out of education due to a major operation . I have been told that I am sitting my sqa exams in six weeks. Is it possible for me to get seven ones in the summer if I try hard. How hard are the sqa stabdard grades , is six weeks enough ?

well most people have 2 years for standard grades and dont get seven ones. i suppose it depends on what subjects they are.
Reply 576
Hey, have a question about appeals. If you get a 'B' at intermediate 2 biology but then go on to get an 'A' at higher biology would the SQA change your intermediate grade to an 'A' or would it remain the same? :smile:
Original post by Rosyxxx
Hey, have a question about appeals. If you get a 'B' at intermediate 2 biology but then go on to get an 'A' at higher biology would the SQA change your intermediate grade to an 'A' or would it remain the same? :smile:

It would remain the same. Your certificate has a date of award beside each grade, so it only reflect the grade you achieved on that date regardless of you achieving a more advanced level later on.
does anyone know what the percentage is roughly for an A band one?
Reply 579
Original post by scottish19
does anyone know what the percentage is roughly for an A band one?

That depends on the subject. If you google 'SQA grade boundaries 2011' you will see what last years were.

Latest

Trending

Trending