The Student Room Group

Can university force me to reply to offer soon than stated UCAS date?

Hi

Today I received an email from University of East London whoe gave me an offer before the end of March.

"Don’t forget to accept you offer!

We recently made you an offer on Music Industry Management with Music Culture for September 2012. On Wednesday 9th May 2012, your offer from UEL will be automatically declined by UCAS. This means that UCAS will reject your offer from UEL on your behalf if you do not accept your offer now."

On my UCAS track I have to reply by 7th June so I dont get this. Some of my offers I received after 31st March. Not that I wanna go there, it was just one spot to fill in but I am afraid that it could decline my other offers too.

Does this happened to you? Can you help??
Reply 1
http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/replyingtoyouroffers

Looks like it is saying 9th May if you didn't receive that offer before 31st march. Otherwise it could be automated email mistake, just contact them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
This is strange. I would definitely call UCAS and ask and let the university know that UCAS says something different.

I've heard of successful Oxford applicants being asked after receiving their offers whether they'd accept it or not, however, I don't know whether no reply would do any harm to them.
Original post by Rtcw
http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/replyingtoyouroffers

Looks like it is saying 9th May if you didn't receive that offer before 31st march. Otherwise it could be automated email mistake, just contact them.

The deadline for replying is the same for all your choices, and depends on when you received your last offer from any of your choices, not when you received your offer from that one uni. It's the June 7th deadline for all their choices, UEL included, if they received a reply from anywhere after March 31st.

Guessing it's just a mistake/unclear in the email from UEL :yes:
if it says you have until the 7th of june on your UCAS track, then thats exactly that, unis can;t force you to reply any sooner
Reply 5
UEL don't know when you received your last offer, so they're just guessing. Enough people will have the earlier reply date and think they're being helpful for this strategy to work.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
UEL don't know when you received your last offer, so they're just guessing. Enough people will have the earlier reply date and think they're being helpful for this strategy to work.

Might be!! haha I sent them an email and they replied so all should be good now! :smile:

Btw thanks everyone for their help! :smile:
Reply 7
what time on the 9th of may do i have to reply by, is it midnight on the 8/9th or the 9/10th????
Why do so few people understand deadlines, and why do so many feel the need to give advice when they are obviously guessing? And why do so many leave such an important action so late?

This deadline is 11:59pm on 9 May, though UCAS advise you to reply by 6pm as that is the point when any problem you might encounter will have to go unaided by the UCAS staff until the next day, i.e. after the deadline and too late to save your offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending